Things I have noticed back out on the road

WhoYouHereFor?

My brother works at advance auto and they're not using that car method. Everything is scanned with the gun from a safe distance and cash is handed underneath a plastic shield which was put in place. He wears gloves a mask and constantly disinfects certain areas. The real problem is why the hell are you going there in the 1st place? You that bored to need some light bulbs? My brother tells me the store is selling even more now. Then you guys wonder how your uncle Ernie caught the damn virus.

Taxi2Uber

Yes.
Because they are responsible for protecting themselves.
I will stop the bug at my doorstep.
You need to do the same - I can't do it for you.

And, I do wash (and spray those gloves with ETOH).
Sounds like you're an "every man for himself" kind of guy.
This must mean you are against the whole shutdown, stay at home, social distancing, since, as you said before, you don't care about other people and their actions, you'll just do you and protect yourself.
Yet your the ones agreeing with you, are the loudest stay at home supporters.
Weird.
One pair of gloves per public encounter, I approve.
Um...what?
Now you approve of someone cross-contaminating using gloves? A single pair of gloves?
I may have misinterpreted your position before.
Wow.

Big Lou

So, I applied for unemployment last week and was denied because I have been an independent contractor for a long time - most recently, ride share. States are struggling to catch up with the changes, including Virginia, and delivery / transportation is "essential".

Out of necessity, I began delivering food yesterday. Made $70 in three and a half hours, today around $100 in around five.

Saw some things that made me chuckle.

People wearing masks alone in their car or riding bikes / jogging with nobody around. There's no evidence that this is airborne, folks. Person to person. But pollen is pretty nasty right now.

People wearing masks with their nose not covered. Know where they insert the swab to test for COVID-19? (Well, technically, nasopharynx). Wear it properly or don't wear it.

Advance Auto, associates think that it's a better idea to handle items brought to the counter and then taking your credit card or cash, pushed back and forth on a cart. Not washing their hands. They've managed to actually INCREASE contact.

And their delivery guy, buddies, other associates? Oh, they know them, so no need to do anything differently. Because it's just "stranger danger", right?

Grocery store. I was standing on the "six foot" mark, moved maybe three inches from it and the associate told me to step back. Then, came around the Plexiglas divider they've put up (again, still handling items, and it's pretty pointless), about 14 inches from me, to say "thanks for not buying more [TP] than you need".

I guess my point is consistency and common sense.

(This was posted on Facebook as well. Guaranteed that my friends working at home or living off of family, disability, unemployment, welfare, etc. will shit on me for working)
How helpful it would it be if we had a national standard and leadership. One can only wish while people die.

Benjamin M

Sounds like you're an "every man for himself" kind of guy.
This must mean you are against the whole shutdown, stay at home, social distancing, since, as you said before, you don't care about other people and their actions, you'll just do you and protect yourself.
Yet your the ones agreeing with you, are the loudest stay at home supporters.
Weird.

Um...what?
Now you approve of someone cross-contaminating using gloves? A single pair of gloves?
I may have misinterpreted your position before.
Wow.
I think wearing gloves going shopping and such is stupid. I don't do it. But many do and my stance is unpopular right now.

So, if you are wearing ONE pair of gloves for something like that, rather than running all around town with the same pair, I approve of that.

For me? Disinfect in the car, wash with soap and water whenever I get the chance.

Roadmasta

Be part of the solution not part of the problem. Masks, coverings are more for not spreading your germs to others. It's not perfect because masks are hard to find. Just do your part and maybe you won't be the result of a elderly person or immune compromised person from dying. I live just outside of NYC and this is serious. My brother in-laws father died last week and they can't figure out how he got this virus.

Taxi2Uber

I think wearing gloves going shopping and such is stupid. I don't do it. But many do and my stance is unpopular right now.

So, if you are wearing ONE pair of gloves for something like that, rather than running all around town with the same pair, I approve of that.

For me? Disinfect in the car, wash with soap and water whenever I get the chance.
You're sending mixed messages, so I'm done.
I don't agree with your new position.
Post automatically merged:

How helpful it would it be if we had a national standard and leadership.
LOL. We did.
Don't wear masks....oh wait....yeah, wear masks.

GreatWhiteHope

People are getting nasty out there. The amount of dirty looks I got last night just doing deliveries, crazy. There's so much of this "back, foul beast" bullshit going on that people are forgetting their humanity. I don't even want to know what this is going to look like a month down the road.
@@@@ those entilted @@@@@@@@ honestly

Be part of the solution not part of the problem. Masks, coverings are more for not spreading your germs to others. It's not perfect because masks are hard to find. Just do your part and maybe you won't be the result of a elderly person or immune compromised person from dying. I live just outside of NYC and this is serious. My brother in-laws father died last week and they can't figure out how he got this virus.
Cry me a river
Mind your own business

this is America

MiamiKid

@@@@ those entilted @@@@@@@@ honestly

Cry me a river
Mind your own business

this is America

It's called sacrifice. Our forefathers did it for us in brutal, bloody wars lasting years.

Anyone who can't handle this is a pure, wimpy coward. And not worthy of US citizenship.

Man up.

GreatWhiteHope

It's called sacrifice. Our forefathers did it for us in brutal, bloody wars lasting years.

Anyone who can't handle this is a pure, wimpy coward. And not worthy of US citizenship.

Man up.
We are sacrificing

The entire country is shut down so some old @@@@s can live a little longer

Not about to start taking lectures from pompous jackass’s forcing me to put on a mask
how bout you mind your own business

LADryver

So, I applied for unemployment last week and was denied because I have been an independent contractor for a long time - most recently, ride share. States are struggling to catch up with the changes, including Virginia, and delivery / transportation is "essential".

Out of necessity, I began delivering food yesterday. Made $70 in three and a half hours, today around $100 in around five.

Saw some things that made me chuckle.

People wearing masks alone in their car or riding bikes / jogging with nobody around. There's no evidence that this is airborne, folks. Person to person. But pollen is pretty nasty right now.

People wearing masks with their nose not covered. Know where they insert the swab to test for COVID-19? (Well, technically, nasopharynx). Wear it properly or don't wear it.

Advance Auto, associates think that it's a better idea to handle items brought to the counter and then taking your credit card or cash, pushed back and forth on a cart. Not washing their hands. They've managed to actually INCREASE contact.

And their delivery guy, buddies, other associates? Oh, they know them, so no need to do anything differently. Because it's just "stranger danger", right?

Grocery store. I was standing on the "six foot" mark, moved maybe three inches from it and the associate told me to step back. Then, came around the Plexiglas divider they've put up (again, still handling items, and it's pretty pointless), about 14 inches from me, to say "thanks for not buying more [TP] than you need".

I guess my point is consistency and common sense.

(This was posted on Facebook as well. Guaranteed that my friends working at home or living off of family, disability, unemployment, welfare, etc. will shit on me for working)

People are wearing masks for the unanticipated, unplanned, and unwanted close contacts with strangers while they are out. Stop judging.

GreatWhiteHope

People are wearing masks for the unanticipated, unplanned, and unwanted close contacts with strangers while they are out. Stop judging.
It doesn’t even do jack shit to keep you From getting sick it Prevent you from spreading it when you’re already sick

SHalester

wearing a mask and not wearing goggles at same time is kinda like wearing rain pants and no rain jacket.

For me outside or in my own car alone, no mask. Enter store or such; mask goes on and I make double dam sure I don't touch my face. Wearing gloves just seems to be a giant pain in the arse.

GreatWhiteHope

wearing a mask and not wearing goggles at same time is kinda like wearing rain pants and no rain jacket.

For me outside or in my own car alone, no mask. Enter store or such; mask goes on and I make double dam sure I don't touch my face. Wearing gloves just seems to be a giant pain in the arse.
If the mask forces you to adjust it at all — you touch it and adjust it - that mask is giving you a greater chance of catching this

SHalester

If the mask forces you to adjust it at all — you touch it and adjust it - that mask is giving you a greater chance of catching this
nope. wife unit bought N95 stylish masks back in Jan. These puppies have Velcro straps; once on, no movement. but a mask with no goggles is a half arsed job; so I keep my oakleys on. OR better yet, I just stay home and send wife unit out for shopping. :wink:

MasterAbsher

Actually, a new shows it can be a more for a while after someone coughs, sneezes or from sweat droplets. This is why many hiking trails have been Closed. In theory, even though you are 6 feet behind someone, when you walk immediately into the space previously occupied by them, you could get infected.

GreatWhiteHope

nope. wife unit bought N95 stylish masks back in Jan. These puppies have Velcro straps; once on, no movement. but a mask with no goggles is a half arsed job; so I keep my oakleys on. OR better yet, I just stay home and send wife unit out for shopping. :wink:
Okay you’re right in that case

My point is most people aren’t going to go to Your lengths,
Most people are going to wear goggles And they are going to be adjusting the mask touching that your straps touching their face, it makes these people more susceptible if they’re touching her face like this and I’m no different. This @@@@ing surgical mask forces me to adjust it and it makes my chances of catching this virus way higher and that is bullshit.

I don’t want to wear a mask I don’t wanna wear gloves. Straight up. But I have a lot of rubbing alcohol and hand sanitizer and I wash my hands all the time

I prefer alcohol rags and when I get out of the grocery store I use the rubbing alcohol rag and sanitize my forearms and hands and face

But for some reason I have to wear the stupid @@@@ing mask that gives me a higher chance of catching it no way dude @@@@ that and @@@@ any hippie liberal @@@@@ that wants to impose their morals on to me

MiamiKid

We are sacrificing

The entire country is shut down so some old @@@@s can live a little longer

Not about to start taking lectures from pompous jackass’s forcing me to put on a mask
how bout you mind your own business

I am minding my own business. And am DAMN sure supporting ultra strict lockdowns to deal with this situation.

Also, want folks, like you, forced to shelter in place. With serious criminal penalties, including prison time 🚔, for violations.

Man up and mask up.