They're going back to 2 destinations

NGOwner

Unless you know otherwise, it's just in four markets that they are rolling back six destinations to two. Everyone else retains their six.

[NG]Owner

JimKE

Unless you know otherwise, it's just in four markets that they are rolling back six destinations to two. Everyone else retains their six.

[NG]Owner
I think it's everywhere, effective today. Miami went back to two today, and we were not originally affected. I'll burn my two early in the shift and then just switch to Lyft.

What a bunch of back-stabbing bastards.

Merc7186

Who really uses it and if you do, have you ever had it work on a consistent basis? Doubtful. And please spare me the 'this one time...' story, that was the exception, not the rule.

Tihstae

Two here in Ventura also. Must be nationwide.

180 days of change. 30 days of reversals. Maybe we will get 365 days of adjusted fares (downward of course) next.

ShinyAndChrome

[NG]Owner
It appears to be everywhere.

Who really uses it and if you do, have you ever had it work on a consistent basis? Doubtful. And please spare me the 'this one time...' story, that was the exception, not the rule.
Doesn't work for me because with 1800 drivers per square mile the odds of getting it are slim to none. That said I got one yesterday and couldn't believe it. My first ever in over 100 rides. I've used it often and it was the first time i ever even got a single one of my day's 2 used up!

JimKE

I do. And yes, I have had it work quite consistently on many, many occasions in certain geographic situations.

For example, our beaches are barrier islands. I am often in situations where I want to work my way from one end of a beach area to the other end 20-25 miles away. DF keeps me on that narrow (<1 mile wide) stretch of beach for the whole 25 miles, rather than running me back and forth across causeways and wasting my time.

I typically do the 20-25 miles in 2-3 rides, occasionally in one, NEVER more than 3 in 11 months of using the DF.

Last edited:

Maxb0ost57

180days of changes my a**.Back to square one 2 destination mode 1hr or less timeout or stay on line bs option.im not going to drive a pax hr in traffic to drive back without a fare.Im done playing games with Uber so good luck to fellow drivers. May the force be with you

SuzeCB

Not only have they cut it back to 2, but it times out after 1 hour of no rides, 3 non acceptances, or a single trip that is accepted and completed. Whatever comes first.

That's right, folks. You can get a ride that will take you 50 miles from home, and figure you put on your DF to get home so you don't have a whole bunch of dead miles, but when you accept that ride it takes you a half a mile, minimum fare, and then your DF times out and you're back to dead miles.

They literally brought us one step forward with giving us 6 DF, and then two steps back by not only taking back four of them, but making the two remaining ones worse than they were before.

Thank you ever so much, Uber.

JimKE

Not only have they cut it back to 2, but it times out after 1 hour of no rides, 3 non acceptances, or a single trip that is accepted and completed. Whatever comes first.
If this is true, they have done much worse than just reduce the number of DFs. They have made the Uber DF as bad as Lyft's.

If this is true, we got doubly-screwed bigtime.