They won't turn on surge in Newport today.

uberist

I have been taking screen shots surges for monthds to build a base for where and when to start my driving depending on the day Im free todrive, lately it has been unpredictable.

I also started noticing the surge disappear around me shortly after I turn the app on, not online Just on and watching surge, I think they are definately using your location as soon as you open it now.

Too Many Miles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have been taking screen shots surges for monthds to build a base for where and when to start my driving depending on the day Im free todrive, lately it has been unpredictable.

I also started noticing the surge disappear around me shortly after I turn the app on, not online Just on and watching surge, I think they are definately using your location as soon as you open it now.
Surage works in different ways, you also need to monitor it using the riders app, normally there is a 1 minute delay in the driver's app, so when surge is gone, drivers still see surge, that is how they screw you. Also surge is used to move drivers to areas that are not busy but don't have drivers.

mandreyka

I was watching the app this morning at About 5 am which is busy tone for first flights out of JWA.

Cars were popping off the map as fast as they went on and no X ,XL and a couple selects for most of the time I watched it. Oh.... And 0 surge !

Saturday for about 2 hours my pax app showed no surge but the per mile was way up and on the partner app it was all red. Maybe they are testing the LA system and there was a bug this morning because there was no surge on both apps

Too Many Miles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was watching the app this morning at About 5 am which is busy tone for first flights out of JWA.

Cars were popping off the map as fast as they went on and no X ,XL and a couple selects for most of the time I watched it. Oh.... And 0 surge !

Saturday for about 2 hours my pax app showed no surge but the per mile was way up and on the partner app it was all red. Maybe they are testing the LA system and there was a bug this morning because there was no surge on both apps
I have Sen that on and off last week. I think they just test driver's behavior.

uberist

I use the pax app on my phone to move to where there are no or less drivers, i have been in my predicted spot and see the surge pop up on pax app then I open my drivers app and go on line, I watch it grow, no ping sometimes raising 2 or 3 times no ping no other cars near the center of the surge none of them disappering, I can see my car icon surge dies I get pinged, this is bs on ubers part, if people arent requesting there should be no surge

uberist

Hey we should all do screen shots of The L.A. area at exactly 6am then post them to see if the surge is laid out different depending on your location, if it is it would prove that uber is mind f-ing us for sure

OCuber

Hey we should all do screen shots of The L.A. area at exactly 6am then post them to see if the surge is laid out different depending on your location, if it is it would prove that uber is mind f-ing us for sure
And how does that help address the surge manipulation conspiracy theory in Newport?
Stay on point.
#getthehelloffmylawn

rudygti

I made 90 in 2 hours working surge Saturday. That one poster even said how clueless he is. He looks at pax all till there is a small surge and turns his driver app before it's even high. Lol clueless. That's newport

Attachments

uberist

I made 90 in 2 hours working surge Saturday. That one poster even said how clueless he is. He looks at pax all till there is a small surge and turns his driver app before it's even high. Lol clueless. That's newport
who are you referring too.

If it's me you simply need to read all the post to understand that I use both apps at the same time, lately I have noticed simular Patterns to the screen shot posted by another, this did not use to occur so much. Now it appears UBER uses your location as soon as the app is opened OFFLINE, I go ONLINE usually at 2.5 because the surge usually tops out in that area at around 3.5 for that location, if you wait too long you can completely miss it because UBER also has an algorithm in the app the considers how long you have been ONLINE It does NOT always match the closest Driver. Month ago I could predict where to be depending on the time and day of the week, I don't drive unless it's surging, overnight it changed, at that same time I noticed that there were unusual surge patterns appear. I stalk surges but now they seem to always know where I am and 5.5s like my avatars shows are harder then ever to catch.

Last edited:

uber strike

They are really fighting surge.
uber has no control of surge. drivers do. if drivers want to go online and work for base rates uber will not fight you. uber will gladly give you your 90 cents a mile in Oc and 85 cents in Los Angeles.
always remember that uber is just software. uber has zero cars. software does not give uber's customers rides, drivers do.
in Oc lyft has raised the rates in order for drivers to make more money. take advantage of that.
lyft Oc is at $1.05 per mile, $5.00 minimum ride. uber is behind lyft in Oc

rudygti

uber has no control of surge. drivers do. if drivers want to go online and work for base rates uber will not fight you. uber will gladly give you your 90 cents a mile in Oc and 85 cents in Los Angeles.
always remember that uber is just software. uber has zero cars. software does not give uber's customers rides, drivers do.
in Oc lyft has raised the rates in order for drivers to make more money. take advantage of that.
try getting rides on lyft in oc... lol

uberist

UBER in the the south bay beach cities is .15 min .90 mi 5.15 min fare.

As you said uber is a software company they can change the way the surge multiplier reacts based on driver to pax ratios simply put 3:5 driver/rider may have equaled a 2.0 surge it may now take a 3:7 driver/rider to equal 2.0 surge
that along with my feeling that they now locate you and add you to the equation the moment you app fires up would help explain some things driver everywhere are noting.
Uber is very serious about surge manipulations and doing the above help stops drivers from working the surge because they already know where you are OFFLINE.