They wonder why I have a 4.77 after 4 years...

O

Opus

Goes both ways my Nubian brother. One example out of many experiences: Drove a nice lady from work at Northside hospital all the way down to Buffington Rd. area in South Fulton one night. Once I dropped her off I got pinged by a woman named Clinique, accepted it and headed her way. She canceled after about 10 seconds (long enough to see my profile pic). Experience told me to keep heading her way. One minute later Clinique pinged me again only to cancel after about 5 seconds. I kept driving to her pick-up point. 30 seconds later, Clinique is back! This time she didn't cancel. I arrived and picked her and her GF up. They got in the car, I rolled the windows down some to blow the weed smell they brought along with them out and asked if they were doing OK. Clinique, sounding frustrated, said "hell no!" I then asked if she was having trouble with the app since she canceled twice...she said, "No, just didn't want a an old white man Uber." I said, "no worries..forget I am up here." and I put my Future/Drake playlist on the sound system and they sang along all the way up to Magic City. People are tribal...human nature.

Dinoberra

Goes both ways my Nubian brother. One example out of many experiences: Drove a nice lady from work at Northside hospital all the way down to Buffington Rd. area in South Fulton one night. Once I dropped her off I got pinged by a woman named Clinique, accepted it and headed her way. She canceled after about 10 seconds (long enough to see my profile pic). Experience told me to keep heading her way. One minute later Clinique pinged me again only to cancel after about 5 seconds. I kept driving to her pick-up point. 30 seconds later, Clinique is back! This time she didn't cancel. I arrived and picked her and her GF up. They got in the car, I rolled the windows down some to blow the weed smell they brought along with them out and asked if they were doing OK. Clinique, sounding frustrated, said "hell no!" I then asked if she was having trouble with the app since she canceled twice...she said, "No, just didn't want a an old white man Uber." I said, "no worries..forget I am up here." and I put my Future/Drake playlist on the sound system and they sang along all the way up to Magic City. People are tribal...human nature.
I guarantee she didn't want you because she has had bad experiences with old white Uber drivers. I've had several instances like this in the video, Uber don't do anything to support the driver, so you stop caring the rating. White folks seem to come in two flavors chill or bigoted cynics with smart mouths. Thing is a lot of times they don't realize it, like if European gets in my car and says "put some music on" and I'm already listening to jazz they might say something like "do you really listen to this?" Like that's not prejudiced as hell. It just wears you thin after a while whether it's intended or not.

O

Opus

I can guarantee that she probably expected an old white guy to have a bad attitude about driving girls from "the hood" and that was probably based on her own experiences with white folks which is sad. I was happy to show her a different perspective by being a professional and treating her like a valued customer..which she was. Being an Atlanta native, I come from the "I don't give a damn what color you are...I'm going to treat you the same way you treat me philosophy." In the video, the driver is clearly dealing with entitled millineal @@@@@@@@ (and lord knows all Uber drivers have dealt with them). They just don't seem to have enough sense to keep their biases to themselves until they are old enough to understand that their biases are based on total BS. Poeple are people!

wk1102

I'm already listening to jazz they might say something like "do you really listen to this?" Like that's not prejudiced as hell.

What am I missing here, i dont see how that is prejudiced.

What if you were listening to classical or opera music instead of jazz and the same thing was said? I'm not nitpicking or being an ass, i just don't get it.

I'd like to think of myself as a chill flavor white guy. Maybe I'm in the just don't realize it group. Or maybe I'm just missing something.

Dinoberra

What am I missing here, i dont see how that is prejudiced.

What if you were listening to classical or opera music instead of jazz and the same thing was said? I'm not nitpicking or being an ass, i just don't get it.

I'd like to think of myself as a chill flavor white guy. Maybe I'm in the just don't realize it group. Or maybe I'm just missing something.
Jazz ain't music?

wk1102

Jazz ain't music?
Of course it is, i just don't see how it's prejudiced. It it rude? Definitely but I dont see how it's prejudiced.

That's really not even what I wanted to get into, i just thought there was more to it, something I was unaware of.

If you got in my car and I had on heavy metal, or some genre of music you did not like I wouldn't be offended of you asked me to change it. If you were rude about it, i would take offense to that. I have very little tolerance for rudeness.

Rat

Black drivers have to deal with different issues altogether
You have to post a video of your own before you get any sympathy

I would have said, "no problem", pulled over, and tossed them out

I guarantee she didn't want you because she has had bad experiences with old white Uber drivers. I've had several instances like this in the video, Uber don't do anything to support the driver, so you stop caring the rating. White folks seem to come in two flavors chill or bigoted cynics with smart mouths. Thing is a lot of times they don't realize it, like if European gets in my car and says "put some music on" and I'm already listening to jazz they might say something like "do you really listen to this?" Like that's not prejudiced as hell. It just wears you thin after a while whether it's intended or not.
You seem to be a racist. You can't complain about others acting the way you do and expect to be taken seriously.

Elmo Burrito

My wife is from Ukraine and has an accent, not strong but she has one and people assume that because of her accent she is not that intelligent. Funny thing is she got her masters degree from Lewis and Clark College at the top of her class 4.0 and is not only beautiful but very smart. It's a shame but its human nature and it happens across all ethnic and backgrounds.

Elmo Burrito

Of course it is, i just don't see how it's prejudiced. It it rude? Definitely but I dont see how it's prejudiced.

That's really not even what I wanted to get into, i just thought there was more to it, something I was unaware of.

If you got in my car and I had on heavy metal, or some genre of music you did not like I wouldn't be offended of you asked me to change it. If you were rude about it, i would take offense to that. I have very little tolerance for rudeness.
Yeah but they didn't politely ask him to change it, sounds like they were insulting and rude making a stupid incentive comment that jazz isn't music.

Dinoberra

You don't think it would be racist if you were black listening to rock and I hopped in and said cynically "this is what you jam to?". Or "put on some real music you listen to, you know?"

If you don't like it quit and find another way to get paid.
I just let my rating go down, I'm a man so I don't complain about things like you do.

pjrxj

You don't think it would be racist if you were black listening to rock and I hopped in and said cynically "this is what you jam to?". Or "put on some real music you listen to, you know?"

I don't think musical choice is racist. I think the way paxs react to what you are listening to is more their prejudice to music. I stereotype the music based on the pax. Since I listen to all types of music I don't care if they want to listen to something else.

d0n

Classic intimidating black man picking on the white boy, hahahaha.

He's high too, did you notice?

Or is he snoop's long lost son?

FlyOver

I guarantee she didn't want you because she has had bad experiences with old white Uber drivers.

How can you guarantee it ? I've had many old caucasian and african amercian drivers that were cool. The fact that she mentioned she didn't want a White old driver was racist, she could have just said An old driver, and you defending her without even knowing her sounds exactly like Rush Limbugh defending Trump on every occasion. You will defend every african american no matter if that individual was victim or the bigot, because you look at the skin color too!

Wins

Drunk teenagers! But for the fact that he used the N word, seems like they were drunk and out of control. Some people are quiet when drunk some others are belligerent . Seems there was some tension from the beginning.
If you are driving nights in club/bar environment there should be an expectation that situations like that will pop up. Black/White and every shade in between!!

wk1102

No, not unless a racial term was used. I can't stand a lot of pop music, the auto tune over beat crap. I guess it's loses something in type form. I dont like fish, cant stamd it, if someone put a plate of fish in front of me id ask them to take it away. If someone was playing music i didmt like id ask tbem to change it. (Probably not because I'm not rude but...) I dont see a difference.

Anyway, i don't want to detect from your post, sorry.

When i first saw this video I was lile wtf did he just say... I was offended, part of me wanted to see tja2t driver kick that punks ass. I was impressed with how calm he remained for most of it.