They passed the bill are we gonna get paid!!

command3r

Can you point out what page that is on?

I have actually read all 1,404 pages of the bill and can't find it.
I don't rely on someone else's interpretation, I go to the source.
He's talking about this

Right wing echo chamber has successfully put it in the minds of their sheep that congress allocating themselves money to deal with the Coronavirus is Nancy Pelosi giving herself a pay raise to buy her 10th yacht

nj9000

It's almost there.... But!

I have a sinking feeling that the expanded ue benefits are only for ppl who have been fired. How this will work for gig economy workers..no one actually gets fired.

It sounds nice to say they are helping gig workers, but you still need to get laid off.
The government will force Uber to shutdown for safety reasons, therefore we'll all be laid off?
Post automatically merged:

Yes, especially if you didn't file in 2018
Taxes have been filed.

nj9000

buses and trains first.
Marta buses and trains in ATL are already winding down for financial reasons. Since carbon footprint isn't as important now and public transportation decreases social distance, its not that far-fetched that public transport will be shut down. Maybe it'd all happen at the same time?

nj9000

So what do you all think about them specifically saying that Conman Trump, his cronies in the government, and none of his kids or inlaws could in any way benefit from this rescue bill?

Kind of a sad state of affairs when congress basically has to pass a law saying the president can't skim from the pot.
But his businesses could use a bailout too? :laugh:

Nate5Star

Oh, the $25,000,000 to be set aside in case they need it for expenses (like hiring someone to watch over the myriad of funds)

I thought somehow Nancy and her friends were getting money.

But his businesses could use a bailout too? :laugh:
Phuny you should say that. Was just reading an article yesterday about how his hotels and real estate holdings are losing money and his lawyers are asking for tax reductions because his properties are crashing due to the name brand association. And how his golf course in Ireland has been losing money since it opened, except that one time he visited Ireland and everyone had to eat there and the government paid for it.

ColtDelta

Oh, the $25,000,000 to be set aside in case they need it for expenses (like hiring someone to watch over the myriad of funds)

I thought somehow Nancy and her friends were getting money.

Phuny you should say that. Was just reading an article yesterday about how his hotels and real estate holdings are losing money and his lawyers are asking for tax reductions because his properties are crashing due to the name brand association. And how his golf course in Ireland has been losing money since it opened, except that one time he visited Ireland and everyone had to eat there and the government paid for it.
Nancy and friends are getting the money. They put in oversight of companies receiving money, but no oversight on themselves.

I quit driving 2 weeks ago, filed for unemployment. Not worth driving and getting the virus and then spreading it. It’s getting worse. Called all my creditors who are deferring my payments for 3 months. I’m staying home with my wife who is a school teacher laid off until summer. We have 4 kids in there 20s out of the house. There staying home. Stay at home, be patient. The world knows what is going on. They can’t kick you out, or turn off your power or water. If they did we would all be homeless. Out of money and spreading the virus even worse. Quit risking your life and others. We are early into this and never has anyone been through this. Have faith and most of all stay smart and clean and healthy.

UberTrent9

REPUBLUCan
Lol! Sure

I quit driving 2 weeks ago, filed for unemployment. Not worth driving and getting the virus and then spreading it. It’s getting worse. Called all my creditors who are deferring my payments for 3 months. I’m staying home with my wife who is a school teacher laid off until summer. We have 4 kids in there 20s out of the house. There staying home. Stay at home, be patient. The world knows what is going on. They can’t kick you out, or turn off your power or water. If they did we would all be homeless. Out of money and spreading the virus even worse. Quit risking your life and others. We are early into this and never has anyone been through this. Have faith and most of all stay smart and clean and healthy.
Your wife the teacher should teach you better grammar....their and they're, holy hell.

He's talking about this

Right wing echo chamber has successfully put it in the minds of their sheep that congress allocating themselves money to deal with the Coronavirus is Nancy Pelosi giving herself a pay raise to buy her 10th yacht
Left wing Loonies believe every word out of the Dumbocrats mouthes.

Did you read what you just posted? $5,000,000 reserved for coronvirus. $20,000,000 for salary and expenses.
Nope, s/he's just another uninformed sheeple.

2win

Not an Economist but knew a very famous one and he educated me. You are absolutely correct that this huge influx will invariably lead to inflation and they know it. However;an economy with high inflation is better than no economy at all.
Not sure I necessarily agree. Bailouts have no possibility of being fair and equal. Besides people getting their government cheese, corporations will too. I believe the end result will be more wealth inequality. I imagine what’s left of the middle class will be dragged down to one giant level of poverty, by losing jobs and losing purchasing power. If instead we realized the realities of our broken economy the pain might be great but the outcome might be more fair. The insolvent would actually fail providing opportunity for the people to replace those businesses and services.