• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

They got me today.... Anybody else?

Dekero

Well someone was generous enough to back into my BMW TODAY...
It was luckily mostly superficial and rubbed out with rubbing compound... Still a little bit of damage..but it could have been much worse had I not thrown it into reverse as fast as I did..

I let the guy slide though...cuz he was in a 5 series BMW and was really upset bout it.... 😂😂😂 Oh well shyt happens....

First Lyft screws me out of my scheduled cancel fee and then this.... I think I'm staying home the rest of the day..

IMG_20191108_055935.jpg
IMG_20191108_084149.jpg

R3drang3r

It was luckily mostly superficial and rubbed out with rubbing compound... Still a little bit of damage..but it could have been much worse had I not thrown it into reverse as fast as I did..

I let the guy slide though...cuz he was in a 5 series BMW and was really upset bout it.... 😂😂😂 Oh well shyt happens....

First Lyft screws me out of my scheduled cancel fee and then this.... I think I'm staying home the rest of the day..

View attachment 375360View attachment 375359
That's one of those situations where the old saying surely applies.
"This is going to hurt me more than it does you." I'm sure the other driver was probably more upset.

Dekero

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haven’t been hit yet. Of course I just have a Prius so that wouldn’t really count.
Nope a hit is a hit... Don't matter what we drive.. a major hit would put us out the game for a while...either of us
Post automatically merged:

That's one of those situations where the old saying surely applies.
"This is going to hurt me more than it does you." I'm sure the other driver was probably more upset.
Hahahah I promise I was ready to act a fool... Till I saw it would mostly rub out... Only a small line and 1 little dimple so I can handle it...

Dekero

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wait... so the other driver was also an Uber driver?

If so, that’s like a million to one chance. Go buy a lottery ticket today!
No just a worker in a warehouse parking lot I was dropping off in.... Other guy was in front of me pulling in and decided to try and back into a parking spot without even looking back... Dumbass I know he has a backup camera on a 5series it's standard...

Johnny Mnemonic

Looks good, Man. Did you fix that yourself?

Last edited:

WindyCityAnt

So it’s bar, event, restaurant, and theaters release around midnight. So high demand last night. Uber makes me drive almost 1 mile down one of the busiest streets downtown. Getting at a stop sign a ped saw my signal and waited for me as I pointed I was going to turn a U’ie.

This Uhaul comes flying into the the intersection, so I let him go. Then traffic jam. This guy is pulling up to a bar with a Uhaul and decided he needs to back into the valet. Like WTF! LAYYYY on my horn in front of everyone, as I’m literally 2 feet from the truck. That’s where my pax is!

She tipped me 3$ for doing it on a smooth ride home for her. 😉

That’s the crazy part of the trip....

1D1367ED-4BFE-4C08-AB40-900DE220DB03.jpeg

It does not show in the screenies but Uber lost 18$ on the trip because of a “rider promotion” who knows what she complained about and got a free ride but it did happen obviously. 😯

Last edited:

OG ant

Take this L for using a beamer for rideshare 🤦‍♂️

The Gift of Fish

After the rubbing compound you should use some SwirleX on a cutting pad applied with a DA polisher. Rubbing compound is a great first step though.

You been practicing?
Agreed - that would all buff out - it looks like it's nowhere near down to the primer. Probably just clear coat.