• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

They fixed the Uber X fee glitch today

dtsexpert

New conspiracy is that Uber did this on purpose to give us a break. Since there was a post mentioning about this in public, they forced to end this break :smiles:. Next time, if something happens to be in our favor, let it be.
Is this as good as the " not receiving pings when you are close to get the PDB done"?

Ms Stein Fanboy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
New conspiracy is that Uber did this on purpose to give us a break. Since there was a post mentioning about this in public, they forced to end this break :smiles:. Next time, if something happens to be in our favor, let it be.
Is this as good as the " not receiving pings when you are close to get the PDB done"?
NO, cuz the pdb ping makes sense. If they did this on purpose, I'd think they'd tell us, or it would have little effect. It lasted for less than a week, so not much more money made, and it was only on X. It was posted here in public, but not for too long. But if they were doing it to give us a break, I would think they'd want everyone to know.

dtsexpert

NO, cuz the pdb ping makes sense. If they did this on purpose, I'd think they'd tell us, or it would have little effect. It lasted for less than a week, so not much more money made, and it was only on X. It was posted here in public, but not for too long. But if they were doing it to give us a break, I would think they'd want everyone to know.
There are some folks here get 75 rides done in 2-3 days. If dpb ping makes sense, does Uber exclude those folks?
Or another conspiracy: Uber algorithm is so good to love and hate drivers. If you are loved, you get pings as usual. If you are hated, it slows you down once you get close to get the bonus done?

Ms Stein Fanboy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There are some folks here get 75 rides done in 2-3 days. If dpb ping makes sense, does Uber exclude those folks?
Or another conspiracy: Uber algorithm is so good to love and hate drivers. If you are loved, you get pings as usual. If you are hated, it slows you down once you get close to get the bonus done?
That's the conspiracy, that they do it if it's close to the end and there's a chance you'll give up. I would think I'm closer to hated cuz I make an effort to get paid more for my rides from boosts and taking longer routes even if they're a couple minutes longer than the quickest route. And I cancel all the long trips out of SF after starting and seeing destination. But I still frequently have good luck Thursday night with 6 rides last night starting at 11pm and finishing the last trip at 12:20am. So many times I think I am going to being working late to finish the trips and end up getting a lucky string of 10 minute Xs and a 3 ride pools. I've never been close to trip count on the last night and come close to giving up (and I think that's luck, not cuz they love me). I was steeling myself for staying out til 2 last night cuz it was a bit slow for awhile when I was pleasantly surprised. And ther emust have been plenty drivers cuz all pings last night were from a few blocks away, a few were on the same block. I also have a 4.74 rating. And 17% cancel rate, 80% acceptance rate in the ratings screen which judging by the number of trips it shows from subtracting canceled trips from number of accepted trips, is 7 days. That is 90 trips for me as of this morning and i have exactly 90 trips completed from last Friday until now.

dtsexpert

I have not experienced the ping slowness when I get close to get the bonus done. My plan is to
work a bit harder in first 3 days to get at least 60 rides so I can relax a bit on Thursday. Without bonus, I think Uber is not worth to work for.
I do cherry picking on Friday and DF couple rides on Sat & Sun.
I am glad thar Uber does not hate me yet :smiles:

dtsexpert

Work hard 60 in 2 days? Working hard is 40-45 in a day
Don't be an asse, UBER is a side one besides my main works from home. As a side job, 20rides a day is hard for me. An asses like you can spend maybe 14hrs to get 40-45rides a day that we all can get the same, nothing is special. The differences here are some treat Uber as side job while an assjes like yourself takes it full time :smiles:
Bottom,line: stop the BS

RedoBeach

I wonder if anyone in this forum ever realizes that when something works in our favor (glitch or not) and that topic is then discussed on UP, that is exactly when Uber takes notice and resolves the discussed benefit or glitch.

(Unfortunately this only works for things that are in the drivers favor, not any other complaints against the driver's benefit).

Tenderloin

Don't be an asse, UBER is a side one besides my main works from home. As a side job, 20rides a day is hard for me. An asses like you can spend maybe 14hrs to get 40-45rides a day that we all can get the same, nothing is special. The differences here are some treat Uber as side job while an assjes like yourself takes it full time :smiles:
Bottom,line: stop the BS
An asses like me after getting done with 45 rides in 1 day and a bit what left next morning,than asses like me getting to another work that ass does beside uber.ass like me cant afford to waste 3-4 days of the week to get that portion of my income

One day Uber will kick all drivers out. Its a techno-company which raised billions from investors as a startup with all this rideshare thing. Time to move on from this hustle for Uber. Im pretty sure they got plenty of projects which one day will generate a solid profit that will allow uber once and forever get rid off degenerative early stage of a company - rideshare.
P.S. sorry for mistakes