They deactivated my acount without giving an acceptable reason

MRMF

The day before yesterday when I wanted to go online I faced a message"your account needs attention " and didn't let me to go online.
I contacted the support and they said that is because of low rating. I discribed that my rating is about 4.78 and I have more than 650 five star with about 3500 trips. I didn't have any serious problem with riders and my rate be stable for more than one year. How can it be right. They didn't give me more explanation and said that is FINAL DECISION!!!!
Anybody can give me advice?
Thanks

Trafficat

The day before yesterday when I wanted to go online I faced a message"your account needs attention " and didn't let me to go online.
I contacted the support and they said that is because of low rating. I discribed that my rating is about 4.78 and I have more than 650 five star with about 3500 trips. I didn't have any serious problem with riders and my rate be stable for more than one year. How can it be right. They didn't give me more explanation and said that is FINAL DECISION!!!!
Thanks
Send them a response and ask for the course to improve your ratings. Worst they can say is no. If they say no the first two times I'd ask a third time. Seems most folks who get deactivated for ratings get a second chance if they pay for the course.

Yeah doesnt make sense. Should be close to 50%.

So either you're about to get deactivated also, or there's another reason why they deactivated him.

The minimum rating varies by city. I know I read on here that one person had his greenlight location tell him the min rating was 4.75. I know in other places it is lower. I asked Uber in my area and all they could tell me was that it varies by region and they won't tell me. I don't know why min rating has to be a big secret. I guess the goal is to keep drivers constantly stressed about their ratings.

I don't know what it is in Reno but when I was relatively new I hovered around 4.69 for a while and never got any warnings. 4.82 now. I got invited to ACCESS when I hit 4.8, so 4.8 is apparently a "good" rating in my city. In other cities it may be a bad rating.

I wonder if there may be other factors they take into account. My ratings tab says I have 1% one star ratings, for instance, but I know it is less than 1% because it fluctuates between 1% and 0% randomly. I have a hunch that two drivers at the same rating, one with more 1 star ratings and 5 star ratings might be considered worse than one with more 3 and 4 star ratings. Also, I think the weekly rating may be as important as overall feedback.

If the OP had a few weeks in a row below 4.5 star rating that might count against him even if his overall rating is 4.77.

Thanks to Uber "Rating Protection" I also have a hunch they upped their min star requirement a bit since that will probably shift average ratings up.

I know Lyft is different, and while my hunch is that my Lyft Mentor was wrong... he made it sound like you could drive for Lyft in my city at 4.3 stars... I wouldn't want to find out though. Lyft's e-mails always say 4.6 is deactivation threshold.

Last edited:

wk1102

With uber the right hand often doesn't know what the left is doing.

A while back, i got the same notification.
I got 3 different answers as to why my accoumt was frozen. Turns out, none of them were right. It was suspended for suspected fraudulent activity. The possible fraud, was related to me switching my home area. I was told i would have to wait for a new bg check and wouldnt be able to drive while waiting.. I asked if there was a way to get around that, i was staying in the same state just wanted to be able to drive in south Fl. . Csr told me to apply from a new email and # and they'd switch it all once approved.

Well, uber accused me of trying to steal a sign up bonus..

I doubt its your ratings. You get warned 1st. Someone made an accusation. Is my guess. They'll be in contact.

Go to the webpage , click on profile, it should say waitlisted under your name. Yes?

AuxCordBoston

Thanks
Go to the green light hub.

Ali201

Thanks

650 ☆ is low for the amount of trips you did. Revaluate yourself

AuxCordBoston

Thanks
It's hard to believe you would be deactivated over a 4.78. Do you have some proof to show us?

MRMF

Thank you all for your advices.
I know my rate was not perfect but they froze my account without any waning message. I believe this was my right to be informed and try to fix the problem if any.
I will go to hub and see if they can do something.

MichaelMax

Are you guys talking about half of your trips are 5*s or half of your "rated" trips are 5*s ?

I have 724 trips but only 329 rated trips with 89% of those 5 stars. Is that bad? 4.83 and it never seems to change

MRMF

For me only a quarter of riders did rating. I believe in Toronto, they don't rate an oridinary trip!!

Pawtism

Uber is many things (and many of them bad), but they don't usually just deactivate without some form of warning first (except for safety issues or potential lawsuits) so I have to wonder if they already warned you about the rating?

Or maybe as someone else suggested it's really another issue (safety or accusation related) and the CSR just couldn't see it yet and assumed it was rating?

It really feels like there is more going on here than it seems.

MRMF

Uber is many things (and many of them bad), but they don't usually just deactivate without some form of warning first (except for safety issues or potential lawsuits) so I have to wonder if they already warned you about the rating?

Or maybe as someone else suggested it's really another issue (safety or accusation related) and the CSR just couldn't see it yet and assumed it was rating?

It really feels like there is more going on here than it seems.
I beileive it is the driver right to know what is wrong with him/her. Deactivating the acount and saying that it's final decision without giving an acceptable reason is not fair.

Pawtism

I beileive it is the driver right to know what is wrong with him/her. Deactivating the acount and saying that it's final decision without giving an acceptable reason is not fair.

I definitely agree. That's why this doesn't seem right. If they didn't warn you already about ratings, I can't help but feel it's probably not that, but rather a safety issue or accusation of something lawsuit related. Keep contacting them and demand an answer. Hopefully someone will contact you about it soon. Keep us updated.