They are ticketing at the Airport today

rtaatl

I second that...I did a couple of drop offs and enforcement was all over topside of both terminals.

iptaylm

I just did a drop-off and got in the 'que the the cell service around the airport went crazy and everything shut down. Don't know if it has anything to do with the Delta mess going on but it was strange so I just headed home.

steveK2016

Are they ticketing those picking up in the shuttle loading area? It doesn't seem like any of the Police even look in that area...?

Chip Dawg

I just did a drop-off and got in the 'que the the cell service around the airport went crazy and everything shut down. Don't know if it has anything to do with the Delta mess going on but it was strange so I just headed home.
Good

Altima ATL

I flew in yesterday evening from Paris - they were ticketing a Prius at the International Terminal.
Don't know if I am driver profiling by saying that a Prius driver must be an Uber driver :biggrin:

gentry

I'm still curious -- has anyone actually revealed how much the ticket is for? I picked up recently at main terminal (international arrival who decided to dick around before coming out) and had to wait 12 minutes without a problem. And I DON'T have that cloak that others have -- too expensive on Amazon, and couldn't find it on EBay...

nomad_driver

I'm still curious -- has anyone actually revealed how much the ticket is for? I picked up recently at main terminal (international arrival who decided to &%[email protected]!* around before coming out) and had to wait 12 minutes without a problem. And I DON'T have that cloak that others have -- too expensive on Amazon, and couldn't find it on EBay...
You can find the cloaking device on uberbay.com. The price isn't listed but it does say that they will deduct the cost from you weekly earnings for your convenience.

Atlrunner

I'm still curious -- has anyone actually revealed how much the ticket is for? I picked up recently at main terminal (international arrival who decided to &%[email protected]!* around before coming out) and had to wait 12 minutes without a problem. And I DON'T have that cloak that others have -- too expensive on Amazon, and couldn't find it on EBay...
Uber has negotiated $423 with the city of Atlanta. But you have to appear in Court and plead no contest to the judge

Atlrunner

While I'm sure it goes on you record, do you know if there are any points?
LOL. No my friend. It doesn't go on your record nor do you get points. It's not a moving violation. I know this because I just got a citation at the airport and getting it resolved. The uber Lawyers handle it. You just have to do what they say. The city is losing money from fewer taxi pickups at the airport so they are increasing Uber citations to make up for lost income. We should expect this to continue unless it's late in the evening when demand is high at the airport and the cops can't risk creating traffic jams. Uber and the city know what's going on. That's why they have negotiated a special fee for uber citations.