These things could help you be a considerate driver, maybe could get you more tips

How likely you would buy this set of stuff for just $10 - $20?

• Yes, I'll give a shot to see if it can help my rating and tips

• No. I don't want to try.

• Maybe.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bread Met

I'm recently thinking about getting a set of stuff that I just name it "Passenger Care" set. Hmmmm, including things like a charge cable, a hook for hanging bags, a tissue container, and cup holder, a mirror for lady to quick check their looking, a single-use glasses cleaning cloth, a pen and stickers, and a TIP COLLECTOR.

Because I have done some researches and the result shows people are very likely to rate 5 stars and have more willing to give tips for these considerate things.

Or what else you think would be helpful to the rating and tips?

Bread Met

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
To read what people post on these Boards, you can have a wet bar and a delicatessen and people will take the stuff, low rate you and not tip.
I mean, it is because you meet some jerk pax, those are not worth of being cared, right? No matter how we treat them they just @@@@ us.
But fortunately! The majority are good pax, we should care about them and make them feel more comfortable, and they also would have positive feedback for us. Cheer up man!

Last edited by a moderator:

SEAL Team 5

I'm recently thinking about getting a set of stuff that I just name it "Passenger Care" set. Hmmmm, including things like a charge cable, a hook for hanging bags, a tissue container, and cup holder, a mirror for lady to quick check their looking, a single-use glasses cleaning cloth, a pen and stickers, and a TIP COLLECTOR.

Because I have done some researches and the result shows people are very likely to rate 5 stars and have more willing to give tips for these considerate things.

More crap for pax to break or steal. Must be a newbie.

DiceyDan

The bottom line is getting the pax to the destination...sure all of that "extra" stuff would make the ride more enjoyable, but most won't tip regardless. Save your money because you'll need every last penny if you do this full time, good luck if you choose to do this set up.

uberron73

Those are nice gesters but I don't think it will help. Nice ppl are nice ppl. You can't make jerks become nice. I offer free cold waters and candies an for the most part I get happy paxs but I still have some under 5 star ratings. So no matter what I offer they'll rate me on how there life is going at that moment it the next time they request uber. I wish id never start offering waters. Cause now I feel like I gotta do it all the time an there's times I don't carry enough water . but truthfully you do what you feel you need to. It won't hurt to try. Good luck and uber on

yeahTHATuberGVL

Those are nice gesters but I don't think it will help. Nice ppl are nice ppl. You can't make jerks become nice. I offer free cold waters and candies an for the most part I get happy paxs but I still have some under 5 star ratings. So no matter what I offer they'll rate me on how there life is going at that moment it the next time they request uber. I wish id never start offering waters. Cause now I feel like I gotta do it all the time an there's times I don't carry enough water . but truthfully you do what you feel you need to. It won't hurt to try. Good luck and uber on
You don't really need to offer those things unless you've tapped in driving older, more established riders around. Younger or drunk pax just want a decent cheap clean ride home from there bar or club, or a cheap clean ride to the strip club. If you do more day driving, and find yourself surrounded by white collar workers, then maybe have some gum or water. Most of the fluff that you read about is done by fleet drivers in larger markets who can afford the overhead.

melusine3

I like all of these, what are they called and where do you get them? Including the little cable holders on top!

melusine3

I mean, it is because you meet some jerk pax, those are not worth of being cared, right? No matter how we treat them they just &%[email protected]!* us.
But fortunately! The majority are good pax, we should care about them and make them feel more comfortable, and they also would have positive feedback for us. Cheer up man!
How long have you been driving? Asking for a friend :wink:

melusine3

The bottom line is getting the pax to the destination...sure all of that "extra" stuff would make the ride more enjoyable, but most won't tip regardless. Save your money because you'll need every last penny if you do this full time, good luck if you choose to do this set up.
I agree about the not tipping. I think Uber has so ingrained the NO TIPPING that I doubt they would tip even with all these nice things. Those who are going to tip will tip anyway, though I do think to offer water at least would be helpful. I recently had passengers who said one guy has snacks to offer and I'm wondering about the paper wrappers and such leftover crap from this...

cannonball7

I like the items listed. Creative indeed. I think your market would be: cars for hire, families, RVs, campers, small buses, semi truck drivers, people who tent camp with cars, hunters.
I don't see many Uber partners purchasing these. The general public will destroy and steal items. Too much clutter. More stuff to deal with causing some down time.

Finally, seeing the vertical tissue holder, I could imagine finding used tissues in the darndest of places with the most disgusting I don't want to know.

Lybert Uft

Having charging cables for riders is a plus. But while I think the cable holder is not a bad idea, it might visually clutter your car a bit.
Less clutter=cleaner look=better ratings. Just keep the cables coiled up somewhere.

General wisdom on this forum is that you don't need the extra perks to get good ratings. In my experience only every 10th pax may take a water bottle. I would feel comfortable investing 1c per ride. So, the money is not the problem. But actually I observed a slight drop in my ratings when I tried out placing water bottles in passenger armrest for about 100 rides. Not sure if the water had anything to do with it or not, but it obviously didn't help. I removed the water bottles. I now have one bottle handy to offer passengers on rides from the airport.

Think about why paxs get into your car. They want to get from A to B. Giving them a smooth, safe ride to their destination is the most important part of the task.

5 Star Guy

It is sad. I think if, don't hold your breath, Travass ends up adding the tip option that more pax would tip. You would almost think if you're one of the few drivers who offer this, that a pax would be impressed and would want to tip, if they could. I wonder what the percentage of people who tip at an open bar for instance? While drivers deduct stars for lack of tips and things pax do, I think pax deduct for traffic and things that drivers have nothing to do with.

terrifiedanimal

To read what people post on these Boards, you can have a wet bar and a delicatessen and people will take the stuff, low rate you and not tip.
Yep. I drive a nearly new, Mercedes C class and a Prius. In the Mercedes, I open the door whenever I can, I wear a tailored shirt, shined shoes and pressed slacks. I keep the interior immaculately clean. I get a better star rating in the Prius, and most of the few tips I've received, were given in the Prius. In either car, I do offer free wifi, when I feel like it, on longer rides or where the passenger has a laptop or tablet. This has never resulted in a tip, but I did get a good tech consulting gig when the wifi led to a conversation wherein I mentioned that I was an Oracle developer.

I could arrive in a brand new Bentley Mulsanne and it wouldn't make a bit of difference in the rating I received. If anything, a pricey car makes the passenger feel even more entitled and you, the driver, look more like a lowly peon, chauffeuring the pax around in the luxury they so richly deserve. How DARE you not flip a U-turn on Market street, in heavy traffic, so you can deposit them at the optimum location.

5 Star Guy

There were fake homeless people in Boston, not sure if it was a legitimate experiment or simply people looking to make some money. They dressed and acted the part at the right locations and made good money. I've heard of homeless people making over $10 an hour tax free, no wear and tear, gas, insurance, I'm not suggesting people try that but it's human nature, again how people react under certain situations. I know of some wealthy people who dress like they are lower middle class. It's all how you market yourself. :cool: Way to go on the networking gig. When I go out it's to network. :cool: