These people are idiots

Tedgey

This trip would cost $120 in a taxi. About the same in Uber Select.
Costs $47 in UberX

2016-07-27 15.22.03.png

$14.99 for two riders.

Meaning even if the neighbor decides to go as well and the car is filled to capacity for the entire trip, best case scenario, they're still getting less than $30 for a 1hr 20minute, 43 mile ride through rush hour traffic. And they crow about how popular UberPool is. Go figure.

Lesson one: do not invest in this company. They are stupid and delusional.

Lesson two: what an insult. Our partner wants to turn our cars info walmart so badly they're willing to pay to make it happen.

ADefaultUser

$14.99 for two riders, two tickets on flyaway is what $16? And still you need to pay to get flyaway stop( neatest one is union station ).
Per person, $8 each way, or $10 from Westwood, + any parking costs (no free flyaway parking)

Being cheap used to mean taking the flyaway bus to the garage and then an uber the rest of the way home, but now being cheap means getting an UberPool right from the terminal.

LA Dispatcher

Costs $47 in UberX

View attachment 51042
$14.99 for two riders

Meaning even if the neighbor decides to go as well and the car is filled to capacity for the entire trip, best case scenario, they're still getting less than $30 for a 1hr 20minute, 43 mile ride through rush hour traffic. And they crow about how popular UberPool is. Go figure.

Lesson two: what an insult. Our partner wants to turn our cars info walmart so badly they're willing to pay to make it happen.
Uber knows the probability of others riders being matched is likely with this rate.

ADefaultUser

M

pool is cheaper then flyaway
Oh, I didn't realize that $15 was for TWO riders.

LOL

Technically can't I just stand next to my wife with 2 Uber accounts and we each request an Uber Pool ride? I mean if their algorithm doesn't match us then they should just /themselves.

jesus I've never done a pool ride as a a pass. before, I gotta learn how to exploit this.

Sluber

Costs $47 in UberX

View attachment 51042
$14.99 for two riders.

i was wondering the same damn thing...i put a pool to the test on monday am at 8am...i said im picking up all requests...so ping 1 hollywood to dtla...this guy sat in front and showed me the price for his pool and i was shocked...2.46...wtf..ping 2 hollywood to temple and rampart area...i kindly ask what she is paying....2.01..she shows me....ping 3 k-town to dtla....of course i ask...2.10.....wtf is going on with their pool pricing?...i fill a car with three stops and they get a $6 bucks and change + the SRF...i get paid 2.0x incentive about 16 dollars...still the math doesnt make sense...

today i got one from the venice boardwalk to rodeo drive at 830 am..2 pax and i ask the question...how much?.....6.40...wow..ok my payout is about 20 on that but something is just not right with the rates...doesnt make any sense...they are operating at a loss every trip...can someone make sense of all [email protected] maybe....????

second2noone

fuber trying really hard for everyone to take dead fool pool....then trying to bank on the 2nd and 3rd pool rides.

fuber don't care about drivers. just abuse the drivers and not everyone on metals. goodness.

DriverX

Costs $47 in UberX

View attachment 51042
$14.99 for two riders.

It leaves only one conclusion. They must be able to report higher losses by rolling out unprofitable products like pool instead of giving away promotions like offering free rides.

Nothing else really makes sense other than Uber thinking it has a end around the IRS by claimimg a loss when what they really are doing is giving free rides to keep people using the service in higher volume. The volume probably looks great on paper when obfuscated from the losses they are taking to get it. THe investors in Uber can't see the books so they just have to accept that the bullet points the receive in from Uber are based on standard business practices. If the investors drove or talked to the drivers or just read this forum they'd probably be scratching their heads and demanding some answers.

Or uber's operational costs are so @@@@ing low becasue they have a massive fleet of cars that they don't have to purchase and maintain means that they can operate at huge profits on booking fees alone, shifting the actual costs of the business over to the driver once again. Probably this last one is righter

money time

Costs $47 in UberX

View attachment 51042
$14.99 for two riders.

This morning had 7 pool rides in a row. 100% of my rides.
I always ask them how much they pay. You cant believe how redicilous cheaP it is
Ex: park labrea to orsini ( 425 adams blv) $5.
Cahuenga pass to bundy 6
So why wouldnt they use pool.
My only explain to that is the pricewar with lyft. Uber is trying to crush them and to burn out all their cash.
We can use that to our Advantage as we know.

Last edited:

Handiuber

Hypothetically, if Uber is paying out 10-15% of there total revenue as incentives for drivers and riders to take pool rides then they are still profitable. They collect between 20-25% of fares from drivers, plus 1.65 per rider. So they aren't actually giving away there money, it's our money they pay us with. They have teams of accountants and tax attorneys using algorithms to determine profitability. Not all drivers are qualifying for incentives on a weekly basis so financially they are in a strong position to give money away. And the fact that they are pushing pool rides so much, I'm guessing is Uber's plan to maximize riders per vehicle eventually phasing out UberX, unless passengers are willing to pay for a private vehicle. So, when they roll out their autonomous vehicles, every seat will be in use in every ride. Moral of the story I'm sad to say is, Uber knows what they are doing.

DriverX

We know Uber passes off more and more costs to drivers especially the ones willing to drive for standard rates. I can't imagine Ubers overhead being very high either so they can take those losses you mentioned and still make a small profit, but that's going to change in a major way if they have to own a and maintain a fleet of vehicles and license the tech to drive them. Plus do you actually think Google would license their tech to Uber? We know by recent deaths that Teslas autopilot is nowhere near capable of being truly autonomous and tHey just fired MobileEye to go their own route on the image recog hardware. Uber has what in terms of driverless vehicle tech? a test vehicle in Pittsburgh. THey don't even have their own mapping software, they use Googles or Apples. Google has been working on this for years and isn't near ready, I don't think uber will beat them. Google will own this industry. Uber will just be bought out for nothing close to 50 billion dollars or be swallowed by the Google giving out free rides for a month to all new users. Unless Uber comes up with their own tech before Google does it'll be game over for Uber and the investors are gonna be pissed.

Or maybe google goes the licensing route for the tech. Probably not cheap, the question is whether its still cheaper to own the fleet and those costs of ownership and pay the licenses for the driverless tech or just have a bunch of schleps use their own cars to schlep around cheapass pax.

Last edited:

Uber_Dick

I dont get you even consider accepting Uber Pool. Unless you are on the hourly, and god have mercy on you then. I refuse to accept Uber Pool. Aint worth the 1 star rating, nor the money, nor the trouble, nor asking Uber support to help you.

I like taking a passenger(s) from A to B... And give good service. But Uber Pool is a whole other shit show of cheap bastards. I had a 4.98 rating before doing hourly and had to accept Pool and now its at 4.93 and I aint got a yacht yet.

UberIsAllFubared

I dont get you even consider accepting Uber Pool. Unless you are on the hourly, and god have mercy on you then. I refuse to accept Uber Pool. Aint worth the 1 star rating, nor the money, nor the trouble, nor asking Uber support to help you.

I like taking a passenger(s) from A to B... And give good service. But Uber Pool is a whole other shit show of cheap bastards. I had a 4.98 rating before doing hourly and had to accept Pool and now its at 4.93 and I aint got a yacht yet.
Teddy, what would the driver make on that trip, please tell me its

Solving one problem at a time (Taking a passenger from A to B) is one of the thing I like/liked about uber... now there is very very little. I was gonna drive form 7pm until 5am today/tomorrow, but just have no desire too.

Tedgey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Teddy, what would the driver make on that trip, please tell me its

Solving one problem at a time (Taking a passenger from A to B) is one of the thing I like/liked about uber... now there is very very little. I was gonna drive form 7pm until 5am today/tomorrow, but just have no desire too.
Right now google shows it as 44 miles and 55 minutes so thats $34.76

Tedgey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
And looks like it wasn't just a fluke thing because the pool price has actually dropped by 6 cents.

2016-07-27 20.00.32.png

This is for two people but like every pool ride, the difference between 1 and 2 people is always $.50

LA Dispatcher

Some of these pool rides go quite a distance. I accept the 1st pool and then determine by the destination whether to accept additional riders without being penalized. By not accepting additional pool Uber loses money and the additional riders will have hard time finding a pool ride and end up getting UberX.