these new rates are raping the drivers.

Esto

Today uber lowered the rates for Las Vegas and got to do airport runs. Went out tonight to see if "more" rides would come my way. Did 1 each hour at the strip. To only make 11 bucks after Uber rape fee. How can we fight this rate cut? In mass numbers. Mass protest and doing more Lyft rides and not turning uber on. You have to fight for ur money. I thought it would a good thing but after 2 months this is just flat out robbery.

Uberx Vegas

Today uber lowered the rates for Las Vegas and got to do airport runs. Went out tonight to see if "more" rides would come my way. Did 1 each hour at the strip. To only make 11 bucks after Uber rape fee. How can we fight this rate cut? In mass numbers. Mass protest and doing more Lyft rides and not turning uber on. You have to fight for ur money. I thought it would a good thing but after 2 months this is just flat out robbery.
I have another job where I work 8hours ....I just do uber to make extra money to pay small bills. Does anybody know for how long this rate cut stay? I should be e-mailing that question to uber huh? LOL. As one person One thing I can do is work 4days instead of 5.

hanging in there

I have another job where I work 8hours ....I just do uber to make extra money to pay small bills. Does anybody know for how long this rate cut stay? I should be e-mailing that question to uber huh? LOL. As one person One thing I can do is work 4days instead of 5.

(Fantasy)
Not to worry. When Uber lowers the rates in a city, they ALWAYS raise them back up, it's just a temporary thing they do. They care about the drivers. As a matter of fact, all you have to do is to email or text them to ask them to raise the rates back up and they will, no problem. On a positive note, Uber says that lower rates mean higher income due to increased demand! What that means is, lower rates = higher demand = you can work you and your car twice as hard for higher GROSS income, but for the same or less NET income, which is supposedly a good thing because Uber will be making more money, even if you are not. And it's always a good thing to keep the boss man happy, right? Travis will thank you from the bottom of his heart, if he actually has one.

(Reality)
Anyone who has kept up at all with the historical pricing moves of Uber as they set up in various cities would not be surprised in the least as they see them start out in Vegas with relatively higher rates to initially attract their starting "fleet" of drivers and then start cutting rates and then cutting them more and more, in order to build a rider base as quickly as possible. Drivers that quit due to rate cuts are replaced with new drivers lured in via deceptive advertising campaigns.

mrlasvegas

It is important for Uber to keep in mind that Vegas is a mid sized market with a small labor base. Meaning that too much rate cutting will quickly result in no one to serve the customers. Take it from someone with over 20 years in transportation. A bad reputation can sink any business eventually. In Vegas it happens twice as fast. What is left after everyone worth partnering with is out will be neither pretty nor sustainable.

Esto

I also have a full time job. But this rate cut wasn't small and isn't getting more locals in the cars. Sad might just stick with Lyft and fk uber

CatchyMusicLover

Unfortunetly Lyft will have to follow suit, unless the drop really was illegal and they refuse to. And how many Lyft customers will continue to use it once they know how much cheaper Uber is? Sure there will be those form out of town who like Lyft better and people who have free rides...but that's not going to be enough to sustain things, especially for us drivers.

That said, I refuse to drive at these new rates and will stick to Lyft for now until the shoe drops, unless they add the destination filter, at which case I'll gladly do it when I'm going somewhere anyway (and maybe if I'm at a spot I'm almost sure to get a really long ride if I get one at all)

uberdriver

I thought it would a good thing but after 2 months this is just flat out robbery.

You hit the nail in the head. Uber has been using the same deception and treachery in all earlier cities. Now it is Vegas turn. Uber is a professional robber stealing the car equity of its unsuspicious UberX "partners".

DieselkW

I went to the Uber Las Vegas website.

$2 base fare, 20¢/min, $1.10/mile with a $5 cancellation fee $5 minimum and $1.70 safe rides fee.

Take a look at Indianapolis. Plus the weather sucks here as well. You got a right to complain, but it's not as bad for you as it is for me.
Uber cancel.jpg

LVegas

(Fantasy)
Not to worry. When Uber lowers the rates in a city, they ALWAYS raise them back up, it's just a temporary thing they do. They care about the drivers. As a matter of fact, all you have to do is to email or text them to ask them to raise the rates back up and they will, no problem. On a positive note, Uber says that lower rates mean higher income due to increased demand! What that means is, lower rates = higher demand = you can work you and your car twice as hard for higher GROSS income, but for the same or less NET income, which is supposedly a good thing because Uber will be making more money, even if you are not. And it's always a good thing to keep the boss man happy, right? Travis will thank you from the bottom of his heart, if he actually has one.

(Reality)
Anyone who has kept up at all with the historical pricing moves of Uber as they set up in various cities would not be surprised in the least as they see them start out in Vegas with relatively higher rates to initially attract their starting "fleet" of drivers and then start cutting rates and then cutting them more and more, in order to build a rider base as quickly as possible. Drivers that quit due to rate cuts are replaced with new drivers lured in via deceptive advertising campaigns.

Agree. But then again, we have endless supply of SUCKERS and MATH challenge drivers in Vegas. They will convince themselves that if they pray hard(like the pope) while waiting for a ping to the rideshare gods that a ping will come their way. They've convinced themselves that 50% of the drivers will quit this gig and that will free up more pings for them. They'll promise themselves to stay put and stop driving up&down the strip to troll for pings and conserve gas. Of course the ability to drop and load at Mccarran is a big factor for these suckers to Uber on. These suckers will start locating and staging near the base of cellphone towers throughout the valley just to get ping, pathic. And of course, the indecent proposals, hey guys, need a ride, "I'll take you to X for $20". Or maybe utilized the tunnel 3-6 trips a day, to make up for the rate cut, the cabbies are using it.

Why allow yourself to get pimped at $.70(after gas/tax/w&t) without benefits while eating Ubers overhead? Why drive for FREE! Man up, grow some balls, accept it, it's gameUber!

USArmy31B30

I went to the Uber Las Vegas website.

$2 base fare, 20¢/min, $1.10/mile with a $5 cancellation fee $5 minimum and $1.70 safe rides fee.

Take a look at Indianapolis. Plus the weather sucks here as well. You got a right to complain, but it's not as bad for you as it is for me.
View attachment 19901

I hope you are not driving for them because if you do, you only have yourself to blame...

Uber NOT On...

DieselkW

I hope you are not driving for them because if you do, you only have yourself to blame
Lyft. All Lyft. All the time.

Except once in a while I turn on Uber to remind myself how much it sucks to drive for Uber and to keep my "partnership" active.