These Guarantees Are Horse-Butt

mizzrock

In sf market lyfts been guaranteeing an hourly rate and I feel it's during slow times (from my analyzation) and to get more drivers out there. From doing lyft for 1 year then going on uber as well, uber surges higher and is more known on the outskirts. Compared to lyft.

I'm doing a bunch of non-surge rides which I wouldn't normally do! It's insane!

But it got me on the road though. But I am sitting more. Pay me to sit. (Like a real job).

Anyway I'm a pawn in their scheme I admit it. And I feel surge is nonexistent because of the extra drivers trying to get the guarantee.
Screenshot_2015-08-31-18-32-13.png

Last edited:

THIRDEYE

Better than what they offer here in southern CA.

Screenshot_2015-09-01-09-17-41.png

I got tired of driving the after midnight crowd. Plus, weekend nights have been the worst for me lately. Out of town drivers flood the area because of the guaranteed 25% PT, I'm lucky to get 1 ping per hour. Screenshot from last weekend at 1am... looked like this all over town...

Screenshot_2015-08-30-00-59-49.png

jimdangles

Well youre at second street. Its like a 1 mile street with 20 bars on it. I still cant drive down that street without getting a ping.

mizzrock

Better than what they offer here in southern CA.

View attachment 12716

I got tired of driving the after midnight crowd. Plus, weekend nights have been the worst for me lately. Out of town drivers flood the area because of the guaranteed 25% PT, I'm lucky to get 1 ping per hour. Screenshot from last weekend at 1am... looked like this all over town...

View attachment 12718
Interesting, but why stress when all you need is one ride and you can basically sit at home and get the money the rest of the hour. I changed my mind these guarantees rock!

THIRDEYE

Interesting, but why stress when all you need is one ride and you can basically sit at home and get the money the rest of the hour. I changed my mind these guarantees rock!

First time I've been offered the guaranteed hours. I just wish they would offer similar hours...
Even though I'm no longer driving past midnight, I'm going to give 1 ride between 12am to 1am and go hide for the rest of the hour. Should be an easy $45 for 2 hours of not much driving since 90% of LBC rides are less than 2 miles. Gives me enough time to watch a movie in my car.

mizzrock

First time I've been offered the guaranteed hours. I just wish they would offer similar hours...
Even though I'm no longer driving past midnight, I'm going to give 1 ride between 12am to 1am and go hide for the rest of the hour. Should be an easy $45 for 2 hours of not much driving since 90% of LBC rides are less than 2 miles. Gives me enough time to watch a movie in my car.
Those hours are horse-butt. Wonder why they're not asking for the weekday commute hours. But yes that's what I'm going to do today. It's the last day of guarantees.