1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Featured These Are Uber's New 'Cultural Norms'

Discussion in 'News' started by MHR, Nov 7, 2017.

1. MHR

MHR Well-Known Member

2. Mista T

Mista T Well-Known Member

Ha! That will be the day.

:)

3. JimKE

JimKE Well-Known Member

I like the words -- but words are just words. Nice talk -- but now, walk the talk.

And Dara will have to excuse drivers for being just a teeny bit skeptical.

You know -- "180 Days" and all. Just sayin...:rolleyes:

This is a serious, world-class business executive trying to turn around a very poor corporate culture.

I think his heart (and brain) are in the right place. But he's got a lot of work to do, and Travis is obviously going to fight him at every turn. It's not going to be easy.

4. Mista T

Mista T Well-Known Member

I agree about Dara.

Unfortunately Uber corporate is filled with hundred of TK like-minded people that TK hired, and thousand more like-minded that the first wave then hired. And with TK still vying for power, I can only guess at what a **** show is truly there for Dara to tackle.

I would really love for Uber to become the company that we want it to be. But Skeptical is the accurate, polite description of my feelings.

5. MHR

MHR Well-Known Member

But still, every interview he gives it's 'pax this and pax that'.

He never mentions us drivers.

He still needs us for a while.

6. JimKE

JimKE Well-Known Member

Dara needs to recruit his top management team, get them all on board and settled in.

Then...and only then...I think you'll start to see REAL change.

If I have any criticism of him so far it's that he has spent too much time putting out fires in London and Brazil. Uber may have to sacrifice some big markets to get a grip on ITSELF before it's ready (and able) to move forward.

London will always be there. Brazil vaporizes every three months. Dara needs to control UBER.

He doesn't need to babble my name every day.

Customers are the core of any business, and taking care of riders is Uber's greatest strength. And they are WAY better at taking care of riders than any of the pretenders.

If Uber succeeds, drivers succeed. It's that simple.

stpetej, Sydney Uber and Rakos like this.
  7. MHR

MHR Well-Known Member

That's true but at this moment we, the drivers, are the face of Uber to most pax. Any person that contracts with or works for a company is a representative of that company. If employees at a business treat me poorly you can bet I will go elsewhere to spend my money.

You read on these boards, everyday, about how some drivers treat their pax poorly and it's related to the driver's perception of how they're being treated by Uber.

Uber is succeeding and drivers are not seeing any benefits.

8. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    Not abiding by local regulations, threatening to leave a market if rules aren't changed, charging the public astronomically cheap rates as to ruin the fare for hire industry, onboard nearly any applicant for contract driving with minimal requirements and vetting, keep all contractors blind to real world insurance and licensing issues and last but not least having a 2 1/2 star rating on Yelp. If that's the right thing then I expect to see Uber as the 2017 Business of the Year.

9. Rakos

Rakos Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Why does this make me think...

Of the fact that Uber...

Seems to be stroking Uber first...

And letting drivers take it...

Without any lube privided...8>O

Come on Uber...

Start stroking your drivers...

Just a bit more...

You'd be surprised...

Just how much satisfaction...

You may get...8>)

Rakos
    funny-monkey-4_jef0jf.jpg

10. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    I think there "is" a way for uber to fix itself...

Let's face it...

What's bad about uber
    1. the management is awful
    2. the support is awful
    3. the software is awful
    4. the idea is not unique at all by this point

What's good about uber
    1. the customer base
    2. The drivers

It's a very simple 4 step process to fix uber...

Step 1..

Amazon or google or anyone (literally anyone) starts a rideshare service from scratch, they hire a team, from scratch, write some software- from scratch... with no involvement from the original uber staff..

Step 2.

Then they buy out uber for $40+ billion,

Step 3.
    Make EVERYONE sign up again, (drivers and passengers alike)

Step 4.

Then they stick the old name uber on the new software"3.0" keep the new management/staff, and the lock the doors on the old staff, fire them all, (every single uber employee there is, put a 5 year restriction on hiring "old" uber employees) and pretend uber 2.0 never existed.

Uber is fixed...

Oh... and we can leave uber 2.0 up for a few weeks while uber 3.0 gets drivers signed up. Just to make sure you get enough people signed up.

Because we all know that the american public really is stupid enough to not realize what's going on. If they get a message from uber 2.0 saying they need to delete the app and redownload and re sign up, no one will notice, or care... except like 5 people.

Because honestly... starting over has to be easier than fixing it at this point.

11. FormerTaxiDriver

FormerTaxiDriver Active Member

I read that, and feel Dara should have been more descriptive and detailed about what he was talking about. It was a vague statement. I'd like to know what he is gonna do to reach that point. It seems like he talked maybe five minute or less.

MoreTips and MHR like this.
  12. SatMan

SatMan Active Member

The 180 days needs to be extended a bit...

13. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

Driver are simply a means to an end, a commodity. Not much different than lumber or cement in the construction industry.

Uber has spent millions of dollars and 1000s of hours researching how much or little, drivers will continue to drive. It's not going to get better for us, it will get worse.

The investors will get their money. Business is heartless. Hell, look how tjey took down Travis K , the guy had just lost lost his mother on a freak accident and the major investors (share holders) pounced on him and forced him out. That's just cold. You think these guys care about our whining?

14. goneubering

goneubering Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Sounds good. Let's see some action!!

"We are customer obsessed. We work tirelessly to earn our customers’ trust and business by solving their problems, maximizing their earnings or lowering their costs. We surprise and delight them. We make short-term sacrifices for a lifetime of loyalty."

wk1102 likes this.
  15. dirtylee

dirtylee Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Mears Troll Number 4Mears Troll Number 4

Don't need to buy uber.
    Just make an app.
    Buyout an insurance company.
    Attract drivers with a 5% fee.
    Ant incentives.

How else do you think uber keeps losing overseas???

MHR and MoreTips like this.
  16. yoyolate

yoyolate Member

I for one I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

In any case, I plan on doing this until self driving cars are everywhere.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    stpetej likes this.
  17. pengduck

pengduck Well-Known Member

Surprise not one word for the people that make all of their money!!!!!

18. yoyolate

yoyolate Member

Apple Retail has a mission statement (like any good business does) and it is "We take the best care of everyone who walks through our doors."

This is designed to by inference include employees, contractors, visitors, patrons, etc.

It is just common sense. If you don't take proper care of your employees or in Ubers case, "independent contractors" then the independent contractors won't take care of your customers.

I live in an interesting area of Dallas. Right on the edge of multi-million dollar houses. At pretty much the same distance from two very different Walmarts. One is the classic bottom of the barrel reject employees getting paid the least money possible, the other has what must be elite employees. They clearly make more money (their clothes, their accessories are tell tales) and they give a much better customer experience.

This is an age old formula. If you abuse your employees, they will find ways to steal, to work less and to do the minimum effort.

Just a tiny bit better paid and they will move mountains. Compare an Apple store employee with almost anyone in the retail world. And it is not because they make that much more money, maybe just a little more, but they are much more invested in the success of the company because the company is much more interested on the success of their people.

19. corniilius

corniilius Well-Known Member

So, what about the drivers?
    Not once do I see them mentioned in your "Cultural Norms" post. They are Uber's most important asset, yet turnover in that department continues to remain high. If Uber valued quality over quantity and took better care of their drivers, the customers would have a much better experience.

Sent this directly to Dara, we'll see if he responds.

20. Rakos

Rakos Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    The drivers...

are the most important part...

10 to 1 chances are...

The automatons are not going to be...

Primetime as soon as they hope...

How many times have you wished...

That the person in the car in front of you...

Possessed even rudimentary intelligence...

And robots will be better...???...8>)

Highly doubtful!

Rakos
    wnd_2ffdb6d3ea8ec217018c71cd50f2b31e.jpg