1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Featured These ARE the PAX you are looking for...

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Blossom_World, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Blossom_World

Blossom_World Member

So....

I’m planning my first uber ride ever as a PAX...never been a driver... (and to be honest, I’m not even sure what PAX stands for)...

I have been researching your threads on what NOT to do as a PAX. I know that this sounds really dorky, but let me list some things and enlighten me if I’m missing something. I’m trying not to have it be an epic failure here!

1. Don’t sit behind the driver, it’s creepy.

2. Ask before sitting in the front.
    2a. If you do sit in the front don’t touch the stereo, the temperature controls, adjust the chair, touch the glove box, or touch the driver! lol
    2b. It is assumed that you want to talk if you sit in the front, so don’t be a dork and talk loudly on your phone, or be creepy silent.
    2c. Make sure you brushed your teeth and took a shower if you do sit in the front! Okay, probably if you sit in the back to.

3. Don’t puke in the car.... I don’t drink ever, so this is a non issue, unless I have the GI bug, in which case, I shouldn’t be going anywhere anyways.

4. Don’t say that you’ll “tip in the app!” Apparently an immediate 1-Star rating with some drivers.
    4a. Tip in cash, because Uber doesn’t always let the transaction go through in the app if you tip.
    4b. Tip. Period.

5. If you’re planning a long trip, text or call your driver, so that your driver doesn’t get a rude surprise about a drive from Lansing to Ann Arbor!
    5a. Don’t drive your driver crazy if you do go on a long ride.

6. Don’t eat in the car.
    6a. Unless you’re a type 1 diabetic like I am, and you’re having a low blood sugar moment, and if you don’t drink a juicy juice, your driver will have to go to the ER.

7. Don’t leave trash in car.

8. If driver is 17 minutes away and you’re requesting a ride that takes 7 minutes, that is evil... unless you’re a very good tipper, then maybe that’s okay! Lol

9. If there’s more than one if you, don’t be weird and not talk, or expect driver to run conversation!

10. Don’t request pick ups on high traffic areas where driver shouldn’t be stopping said car. Find a decent side street or likewise safer pick up area, so that we aren’t playing in traffic.

11. Don’t have sex in the back seat... apparently some riders need this reminder.

12. Tip an extra $10 dollars if the driver can name at least three Beach Boy’s tunes that Carl Wilson had lead vocals on... (Okay I think we all know that I made that rule up.)

13. Don’t complain about your in laws (I don’t have any anyways), the route your driver takes, or get out of the car before the car has come to a complete stop.

14. Don’t put feet on dash board. Not cool.

15. Don’t slam the door... I always feel paranoid about this one, because I want the door closed all the way, but don’t want to use hulk force.

16. Wear your seat belt. Tickets aren’t sexy.

17. Keep arms, legs, and brain inside the vehicle at all times.

18. Realize your driver isn’t perfect... okay, maybe they are, but if they make a mistake, the planets will not become misaligned.

19. Unless your driver was Ted Bundy and you end up in a freezer, always rate your driver 5 stars! Anything left makes you an employee of the Empire and evil.

20. Give an extra $10 tip for sideburns... because I have a weakness for them, and yes, I know that’s favoritism!

21. I cannot believe I forgot this one: don’t ping the driver until you are ready... because making them wait is evil!

Am I missing anything...?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    RAB08, Fostel, tradedate and 34 others like this.
  2. The Gift of Fish

The Gift of Fish Well-Known Member

Wrong. Don't ask, and don't sit in front.

awins, Talcire, Tars Tarkas and 6 others like this.
  3. MadTownUberD

MadTownUberD Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Toes on curb as the driver pulls up to your accurate pin drop.

4. Over/Uber

Over/Uber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Pretty much...BINGO

Well, yeah, there’s this. But, HTG, if a pax did/didn’t do all the other things on this list, I’m okay with a little waiting and/or hunting.

5. smoran26

smoran26 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Why did you spend the effort to type all that out? I’m not even getting why you’re on this site.

JTTwentySeven and Cableguynoe like this.

6. MadTownUberD

MadTownUberD Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    TBH I can put up with a lot of the other things more than waiting for a customer, because that directly impacts my ability to make money.

7. Over/Uber

Over/Uber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Go away.

It’s good. Creative. Just someone who gets it and stopped by.

I agree, but waiting or a little searching doesn’t leave your car smelling like puke nor require the time off to clean. It doesn’t put you at risk for tickets because of an unsafe/illegal loading spot or lack of a seatbelt (which should go to the pax, I know, but it does cost you the time for the detainment). And, a tardy rider may be a good tipper.

8. Blossom_World

Blossom_World Member

See, this is the one thing that I feel there are conflicted opinions about. One thread on front seats, it seemed like the majority of drivers were okay with it.

Then a few said only if there were enough people that a front seat was needed. And then a few, like you, that boycott the front seat entirely.

RAB08, sidemouse, mrDEE630 and 4 others like this.
  9. jgiun1

jgiun1 Well-Known Member

And don't kick my damn center console from rear seat with shoes or heels and scuff it up.

Fostel, stpetej, MoreTips and 2 others like this.
  10. Cableguynoe

Cableguynoe Well-Known Member

You make it sound so complicated.

Let me break it down for you.

You need a ride, so you request a ride.

Be considerate of your driver's time and property.

Treat others as you would want to be treated.

Everything else will fall into place.

11. Coachman

Coachman Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Really?

MercDuke likes this.
  12. Blossom_World

Blossom_World Member

<——Uber beginner rider in training.

SuperMike, Rakos, MHR and 1 other person like this.
  13. emdeplam

emdeplam Well-Known Member

Things have changed a lot since you've been on the inside. What was your time for?

Cndragon, brianboru and MHR like this.
  14. MoreTips

MoreTips Well-Known Member

I wish something like this was required reading for all new riders and was even a mandatory reread every 10 rides. This would be new info to a lot of the paxholes out there.

JayAre, MercDuke, MissUberM and 6 others like this.
  15. UberAntMakingPeanuts

UberAntMakingPeanuts Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    True I don't mind the front seat. I hate it when someone sits directly behind me. Cableguynoe's has the best advice.

This one.

I have 5 stars as a pax before I started driving Uber. I'm in Michigan like you. I think you will be fine

Rakos, MoreTips and Uber Crack like this.
  16. Mista T

Mista T Well-Known Member

This dude is awesome, I would even load luggage without pretending it's heavy

:)

MoreTips, Rakos, MHR and 5 others like this.
  17. upyouruber

upyouruber Well-Known Member

You forgot, DO NOT PICK YOUR NOSE OR SQUEEZE ZITS! Yes, it has happened to me!

tradedate, Rakos, negeorgia and 2 others like this.
  18. The Gift of Fish

The Gift of Fish Well-Known Member

I'm sure there are - Uber drivers are not The Borg.

Speaking for myself, I will downrate you if you sit in the front if there is available space in the back seat where you belong.

Rakos, -JR- and Duber12 like this.
  19. Gilby

Gilby Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I really don't care if you sit in front or in back. Many riders ask, and I tell them it is their choice.

20. imderekpoe

imderekpoe New Member

I don't care whether a solo rider sits in the front or the back, but I've had a few times with 2 riders where they split front and back. That's just weird.