• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

These $2 to $6 quests are seldom worth the chase

JustTreatMeFair

Seldom. I would say NEVER worth the chase but some wise ass will have a story where he made a ton of money

It's Catch-22

One caveat of earning the quest for $X on 3 rides is you can't log out and have to take consecutive ride requests.

If you don't log out you don't see that the ride request is coming from an area with a $4.50 surge.

Guess what? That consecutive ride request you accept never seems to carry the surge you SHOULD get.

They WANT you blindly accepting every ping.

Quit being a fool.

Log out after every ride and make smart decisions based on having all available information

Ziggy

As soon as Uber/Lyft added gamification to the driver side of the app the quality and profitably of the rides went to sh*t. Most drivers proudly proclaim their Uber Pro status and likely have taken many trips that wouldn’t have taken (low pax ratings, bad area in town, etc) had it not been for the fact that getting status in the game was more important (or more addictive) than being a profitable driver.

AustinAggie

What drivers who chase quests don't understand is quest rides must originate from a certain area. And that certain area most likely yields short trips.

JustTreatMeFair

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
log out after every trip throughout the day ?
The current quest area (BenWhite to 30th between Mopac and 35 plus near East Austin and upper Riverside) is a pretty good indicator of the area I pretty much make sure to trip the "no longer accepting rides" on any trip that my destination will be in that area. I want to complete the trip and take a couple of seconds to assess the situation at drop off before deciding where I am going next.

The only time I won't is if I am using a destination filter to maximize trips at the end of the bar scene. For example... I'll set the DF for Seton at 38th st around 1:45AM and usually catch 3 or sometimes 4 fast short trips to West University from the 7th & Trinity/Neches or RedRiver corners, drop and drive back down and reenter at San Jac and Trinity and repeat. In that situation the DF prevents a ping after drop off and pretty much most of the way back. I'll usually catch another request from the 7th/Trinity area as I pass between 12th and 8th coming down San Jac. Going off line kills the DF. This is the most effective use of a DF

If Surge is $8 or more I can usually pull $60 or more from 1:45 to 2:45AM if I am out

Noonespecial

The current quest area (BenWhite to 30th between Mopac and 35 plus near East Austin and upper Riverside) is a pretty good indicator of the area I pretty much make sure to trip the "no longer accepting rides" on any trip that my destination will be in that area. I want to complete the trip and take a couple of seconds to assess the situation at drop off before deciding where I am going next.

The only time I won't is if I am using a destination filter to maximize trips at the end of the bar scene. For example... I'll set the DF for Seton at 38th st around 1:45AM and usually catch 3 or sometimes 4 fast short trips to West University from the 7th & Trinity/Neches or RedRiver corners, drop and drive back down and reenter at San Jac and Trinity and repeat. In that situation the DF prevents a ping after drop off and pretty much most of the way back. I'll usually catch another request from the 7th/Trinity area as I pass between 12th and 8th coming down San Jac. Going off line kills the DF. This is the most effective use of a DF

If Surge is $8 or more I can usually pull $60 or more from 1:45 to 2:45AM if I am out
Hahahahha. .....
This is EXACTLY what i did on NYE....except to far east 6th. I did 2 $100 hours with $20 surge and short 1 mile rides back to back. Managed to make $700 that night with the crappy surge. I like the medical center idea because as you have already figured out you have to pick a spot that you wont actually get a ride to or it screws up your game! No ones going to the doctors office on 38th at 2am!

whiskeyboat

It depends on what's going on. During a high legitimate surge that you know will last then forget the quest and go get the surge.
Most other times I have found it worthwhile. I live central (Ben White & Burleson) so I start a lot of trips in the quest zone anyway, at that point the next two rides (if I accept them) have the equivalent of a 2-3 dollar surge attached since they will get me that 4 to 6 dollar bonus.