There's yet another

Strange Fruit

"Yeah I know; what's ur point" memo:
Screenshot_2017-10-01-14-35-33.png

Do they even know that we can't know if the boost is applied on half the boost pings, until we accept and check?

The subtext of these messages, which would be great of they just printed straight out: "we see you". That should be the next iteration of their veiled threat messages:

We see you

VaVaUber

Strange FruitWell-Known Member
He says "it's hard to grab someone's phone and start messing with it" as if that's what he feels like doing and simply realizes that it is difficult to do, or hard or whatever. Not "I can't just grab their phone and check" but "it's hard" to do so. :rolleyes: Now I'm really curious about what these reasonable excuses were if they were other than the simple truth.

Strange Fruit

Strange FruitWell-Known Member
He says "it's hard to grab someone's phone and start messing with it" as if that's what he feels like doing and simply realizes that it is difficult to do, or hard or whatever. Not "I can't just grab their phone and check" but "it's hard" to do so. :rolleyes: Now I'm really curious about what these reasonable excuses were if they were other than the simple truth.
Ur not using quotation marks effectively.

And so what were the reasonable excuses? I'm still curious. U made them up so be proud of yr social engineering exploits.

SRGuy

I was rejecting ride after ride, not knowing they don't show surge in the request anymore!
I have been getting non boost requests in boost zones without boost showing. Accept the ping, confirm the boost - whoops, it's no showing. Guess somebody else needs to get hosed on this one. Cancel. It's not worth accepting the pong and trying to contest it with support - had this happen once on a 1.5 boost and chose to never do it again.

mjyousse

Ride can look like base rate but after you accept it, go and check and you'll find it reflecting. It seems that they are showing them sometimes and sometimes they don't. Generally much better than Lyft you are in the middle of a 400% prime time that covers the whole city, you still somehow either get it 25% or get 40 minute ride from Pacifica, dunno how lol

Strange Fruit

I was rejecting ride after ride, not knowing they don't show surge in the request anymore!
Usually just boost. Sometimes surge is lower than the boost and ping will show the surge amount. The actual ride has the full boost. There's always exceptions, that's just what is typical for several weeks now.

SRGuy

Ride can look like base rate but after you accept it, go and check and you'll find it reflecting. It seems that they are showing them sometimes and sometimes they don't. Generally much better than Lyft you are in the middle of a 400% prime time that covers the whole city, you still somehow either get it 25% or get 40 minute ride from Pacifica, dunno how lol
The rides I cancelled were legit boost rides that didn't have boost after checking the ride. 5th and Brannan, 5th and Bryant. Didn't waste my time taking a screen shot or worry about cancel rate, just took the next boost request. Let someone else get hosed by uber.

On Friday night I was getting pings from Marin while in the Marina. And uber wonders why my acceptance rate is lower. Toss me decent rides like Friday and Saturday night and I will take the ride. Palo Alto on a pool at base rate? Sorry my dog just ate my homework. See ya.

mjyousse

The rides I cancelled were legit boost rides that didn't have boost after checking the ride. 5th and Brannan, 5th and Bryant. Didn't waste my time taking a screen shot or worry about cancel rate, just took the next boost request. Let someone else get hosed by uber.

On Friday night I was getting pings from Marin while in the Marina. And uber wonders why my acceptance rate is lower. Toss me decent rides like Friday and Saturday night and I will take the ride. Palo Alto on a pool at base rate? Sorry my dog just ate my homework. See ya.
Dog ate my homework lmao...

Blue Poodle

"Sorry, I don't think I can't take that ride, but lets try. You see, I've been drinking a lot of water today so I can make that final "pee push" on my kidney stone that's been working it's way through my body the last week.

Wait, you don't want to hear any more about it and you want out of my car? Well, ok, but I'd like to discuss it further if you have the time."

Bad Breath

"Sorry, I don't think I can't take that ride, but lets try. You see, I've been drinking a lot of water today so I can make that final "pee push" on my kidney stone that's been working it's way through my body the last week.

Wait, you don't want to hear any more about it and you want out of my car? Well, ok, but I'd like to discuss it further if you have the time."
Actually, it's called Halitosis. I can open the windows if you like.