1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

There's no rate cut coming for early 2017 (probobly)

Discussion in 'Pay' started by Mears Troll Number 4, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Well.. I doubt there's going to be a January rate cut. This flat rate trick uber pulled on it's drivers is going to be whats going to turn uber profitable. That an Uber can pull the plug on incentives.

So uber will simultaneously jack up the rates, slash the drivers cut, stop all incentives in their tracks, and customers won't even have a listed price to use to compare to anything.

This is the giant move towards profitability that the world has been waiting for, and as usual the driver is getting the short end.

It honestly looks like they figured out how to raise rates without increasing driver pay.
    And they can raise rates even further and we get nothing from it.

2. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Bout time Uber quits shaving with a chainsaw !

3. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

They don't care about profit or loss.
    Uber cares about tweaking Algorithms.
    Manipulation of figures to project onto paper an image of growth & expansion.No matter what it costs and regardless of the damaged.

ABC123DEF likes this.
  4. Dave Styles

Dave Styles Active Member

So you're telling me flat rate pricing I don't get 75% of I just get 75% of the .90 cents per mile and that's it? So Uber charges passenger $100 for an high demand ride and Uber pays me 67 cents a mile and Uber keeps the markup?

grams777 likes this.
  5. AceManShow

AceManShow Well-Known Member

I agree. Whoever came up with this at FUBER is a brilliant genius. He should get a raise.

6. AceManShow

AceManShow Well-Known Member

They've been doing that since flat rate pricing came out. Ask your riders what they paid, then compare it to what you got paid... You shall then discover the fraud that they came up with.

7. elelegido

elelegido Well-Known Member

I am (half heartedly) expecting states' Weights and Measures inspectors to get wind of this and, well, inspect. These are the guys who check that gas station pumps actually serve a gallon of gas when the counter says that a gallon has been served, and that taxi meters count properly.

When Uber first started there was some dispute raised about their ride tracking software not being accurate enough for Weights and Measures, but it all died down.

Up front pricing is clearly wildly inaccurate and makes a mockery of Uber's published per mile and per minute prices. Which is why they've now buried those prices a couple of levels deeper on their website.

What upfront pricing should be is a price ceiling for pax' fares. A maximum price guarantee for pax - if the actual fare turns out to be lower then Uber should charge that instead of simply pocketing the difference.

ABC123DEF likes this.
  8. Mears Troll Number 4

Driving:
    Taxi
    Yeah that's pretty much it.

Uber marks it up by whatever crazy markup they want to use and pay you the 67c a mile. I've seen other guys on here claim a $5 difference in price between the customers price and what the driver sees for an $8-10 ride. So a $8 trip on the drivers system shows as 13 to the passenger.

grams777 likes this.
  9. MISC

MISC Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    We got our rate cut yesterday in Myrtle Beach. 30% less. 1.75 to 1.20 per mile. Now before you go say "oh poor things" sarcastically this area only has about 44K permanent residents this time of year. You might get lucky with the old rate and make 150 to 200 weekly with the OLD rate because their is low demand in the winter here. That's one of the reasons our rate stayed so high is because request volume was so low. Uber thinks lowering the rate will spur demand. Laughable. 5 hours plus online tonight and nothing. Not a single ping. Had over 6 requests by this time last week on Saturday under the old rate doing the same thing and it was terrible weather last week so no one was in town.

ABC123DEF and grams777 like this.
  10. Mears Troll Number 4

Driving:
    Taxi
    Well uber cut rates in Orlando... DAYS before the busy season kicked off in Orlando for several years in a row...

Then claimed the rate cuts worked.

ABC123DEF likes this.
  11. KaIee

KaIee Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Of course there will be no rate cuts now because when Uber cut rates 1 year ago they said it was only temporary. So the temporary cuts must be about over now and rates are about to go back up!

yeeeaaaAAAAaaaay!

Uberyouber likes this.
  12. Fishchris

Fishchris Well-Known Member

So before i try to figure out exactly what your saying here, what are your sources ???
    Also, i would like to know if anybody in the country gets paid less than Sacramento right now ! We are only getting .75 cents as it is ! What's next ? .60 ? .50 cents ???

****ing rediculous

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  13. Mears Troll Number 4

Driving:
    Taxi
    65c is next (current Orlando rate)
    60c after that (Norfolk Virginia's rate)

14. Mears Troll Number 4

Driving:
    Taxi
    Also ubedr said a bunch of times that they are going to try to turn it around and become profitable.