• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

There are but few steps between uscan death..

The Christian driver

We all have an appointment with death. Over 150,000 people die everyday. It is appointed for man to die once and then judgment. What is the root cause of our death. The bible is clear. All have sinned and have come short of the glory of God. The wages of sin is death. The holy law of God is obligated to pay the due wages of our sin. After death we will all stand before the supereme judge of the universe. All judgments have been given to the son. The only begotten son of God. The only sinless man that walked the earth. His name is Jesus Christ. He came to earth to give his sinless perfect life as ransom for many. He voluntarily went to the cross and died. At the cross, God made Jesus sin who knew no sin so we can become the righteousness of God in him. At the cross, Christ took the sting of sin. At the cross Jesus Christ loosened the pains of death. He abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. Jesus Christ has ascended to heaven sitting at the right hand of his father. He commands all men everywhere to turn from your sins and believe. He that believes in Jesus Christ though he was dead yet shall he live. Jesus Christ has promised eternal life to all that believe in his name. If you die without Christ, be certain, be sure to end up in eternal everlasting doom. Consider the goodness and severity of God.

Lissetti

Honey Badger
Author
Remember this is a public forum and all opinions are welcome. This section of UberPeople.net is called Chatter. That means:

Talk about your other jobs, art, sports, food, or anything off-topic to driving rideshare.

Anyone is welcome to express any opinion they have, whether in response to this thread or if they have an idea of their own, as long as they are not in violation of UberPeople.net's forum terms and rules. In general, please be courteous when replying. Attack the ideas/opinions, not each other. Personal insults, hate speech, and any other form of rule violations can result in disciplinary action on your account. If you see posts in violation of the rules please report them, replying only furthers the trouble and shows consent.

kc ub'ing!

As we evolved, we developed a larger brain pan. This was an advantage and a curse. Our intelligence helped us survive but it also led to an awareness that we are mortal. Our time on earth is finite. We are the only animals with this understanding. Witness squirrels crossing busy streets.

Some folks are not equipped to handle this knowledge so they embrace ancient philosophies that promise immortality. There is comfort in gullibility.

Adopting these beliefs is no different from children willingly believing old Scraps is living happily on a farm in the country... once the vet bill proves too high.

Pax Collector

As we evolved, we developed a larger brain pan. This was an advantage and a curse. Our intelligence helped us survive but it also led to an awareness that we are mortal. Our time on earth is finite. We are the only animals with this understanding. Witness squirrels crossing busy streets.

Some folks are not equipped to handle this knowledge so they embrace ancient philosophies that promise immortality. There is comfort in gullibility.

Adopting these beliefs is no different from children willingly believing old Scraps is living happily on a farm in the country... once the vet bill proves too high.
Bingo.

The Christian driver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i always thought it was funny that some christians think god and jesus are one person, considering all the times jesus is seen or heard about praying and talking to "himself."

i am cool with God, though. preach on, brother!
Some not all. Through out scripture, it is clear there is one God in 3 persons. There are lots of mysteries. The God of the bible is God of mystery. We know the father, the son and the holy spirit. The father speaks
He speaks by his son, the holy spirit utilizes. Three distinct persons, but one God. Everything originates in the father shares diety equally with the son, the father also shares his diety equally with the holy spirit. The son submits to the father. The holy spirit submits to the son. When God created the heavens and the earth. God the father said let there be light (Jesus Christ) and there was light (done by the holy spirit). If you are born again Christian, your new birth parallels the creation of the universe.

Another Uber Driver

attachment
The Satanists never have approached me. I thank God for this, because I am really afraid of that guy. Without God's help, I am powerless against Satan and his minions.

I am Catholic. The Fundamentalists tend to come down pretty hard on me because of it. Some of them have tried to loudtalk me. Some of them have refused to discuss anything with me but keep telling me that I am in error. Some of them will try a form of Socratic dialectic with me, but, I do not do Socratic dialectic. Some of them will quote Scripture out of context to me and will not give me a chance to reply.

Despite all of the above, no Fundamentalist EVER has insulted me or shown any hate toward me because of what I believe.

I even like the Schofield Bible, as it is a very good study bible, with all of its cross references. I am not that big on the Authorised Version, but, that is just me. Schofiled was a Bullingerist, so you have to understand Bullingerism to understand some of his references, but I do understand Bullingerism.

I can read the New Testament in its original language: Greek. This is one reason why I am not that big on the Authorised Version. I never did learn to read Hebrew, which is the original language of the Old Testament.

Another Uber Driver

Όι δέ εΐπον “Πίστευσον επί Τον Κύριον ’Ιησοΰν καί σωθήσηι

-----Πράξεις ’Αποστολών Ι’Ξ’:Λ’Α’

One of the problems with Ancient and Koine Greek prepositions is that they are inconsistent in meaning and meaningless out of context. The AV usually translates επί as "on", which is fine for the English of 1611, as the "in/on" confusion did persist that late, although it was not the usual. In Modern English, it appears either curious or archaic, although the use of "on" does persist even in modern English translations of Acts: 16:31.

The basic meaning of Πίστευσον is "trust", but it can translate into idiomatic English as "put your trust" or even "put your faith" and by extrapolation "put your belief", although "belief" alone is really too narrow a meaning for everything wrapped up in Πίστευσον.

A stilted translation that would render what is wrapped up in both Πίστευσον and επί might be "Put your faith/trust/belief in such a manner that it stands next to/with/leaning up against (as in "for support") The Lord Jesus. If anyone were to translate it that way, no one would be able to get through the Acts, let alone the Bible.

The Original Poster does render it as "in", which would be how Modern English does express it.

"And they said 'Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved.....................' " does get across the basic message.

Still, an analysis does show how much gets lost in translation.

Amsoil Uber Connect

Saved ? saved from what ? Not having your soul returned to this planet yet again in another body to do another life time all over again in hopes of getting it right next time. But before you do, your memory is wiped clean. Oh you will still have attractions to certain things yet say to your self, " I don't know why I like that so much, I just do. " Or what race will you reborn into ? Sorry you don't have a choice in that. Good luck.

Seems as though the Ancient Aliens have been playing God for all eternity. New season starts 5/31 on the History channel.

Time to look out side the box. If you dare have your beliefs turned on it's head.

Lissetti

Honey Badger
Author
I have to say I witnessed a real life Peter yesterday. One who claims to walk in the light and embrace His glory and love. Except when the battle became fierce, instead of Peter speaking up for the love of his master, he spoke only of his for the love of a fellow man, while those who would call themselves a casual witness did fight the good fight.

"Peter said to him, “Lord, why can I not follow you now? I will lay down my life for you.” Jesus answered, “Will you lay down your life for me? Truly, truly, I say to you, the rooster will not crow till you have denied me three times."

Amsoil Uber Connect

Erich von Daniken was debunked many years past.
Of course ! Many years ago. Time to come into the present.

You really think the Golbalists and the religions of the world want the truth to come out ?

They would lose all control. In fact a lot of them are hiding the truth from there own people. Doesn't that make them sinners by omission ?

The Greatest story ever told. ~ Jordan Maxwell

Last edited: