Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

The wish-washy "guaranteed pay"

870 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  DieselkW 
#1 ·
So Uber sent me another text claiming that they would be guaranteeing me $1,500 Take-Home this week if I could give 125 rides. I instantly emailed them because I knew this was a play on words. The staff member told me that it was gross income that would be guaranteed. In other words, they would subtract their fee, tolls, the safety fees, and anything else they needed to subtract prior to paying you the "guarantee".

LOL This isn't a guarantee at all. After all, I lose money every time I go to the airport or head down th masspike because those tolls are coming out of my pay! There are a number of reasons I can name why these flimsy marketing tactics of "guaranteed pay" (when it involves gross income) are sadly false advertisement.

Uber doesn't guarantee any funds at all. How can you have a guarantee if I don't know exactly what I will be guaranteed?

#2 ·
So Uber sent me another text claiming that they would be guaranteeing me $1,500 Take-Home this week if I could give 125 rides. I instantly emailed them because I knew this was a play on words. The staff member told me that it was gross income that would be guaranteed. In other words, they would subtract their fee, tolls, the safety fees, and anything else they needed to subtract prior to paying you the "guarantee".

LOL This isn't a guarantee at all. After all, I lose money every time I go to the airport or head down th masspike because those tolls are coming out of my pay! There are a number of reasons I can name why these flimsy marketing tactics of "guaranteed pay" (when it involves gross income) are sadly false advertisement.

Uber doesn't guarantee any funds at all. How can you have a guarantee if I don't know exactly what I will be guaranteed?
You must be ready to quit with the way you sound so unhappy !!

#3 ·

^^^
Obviously Uber doesn't know the difference between gross and net.
Take home is net.... what idiots.
They say one thing and mean another and people fall for it.

#4 ·
125 rides a week? I'm in the wrong city.

So when Uber "guarantees" income, they mean you get 80% of the guarantee before tolls and the Trust tip they give themselves?

$1500*0.8 = 1200. Minus 125 trust tips minus tolls.

Trust tip in Boston is $1.15 so they'll take another $144.

So the "guarantee" is closer to $1000, probably less.

"Take Home" is $8 per ride average. What a deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.