The waiting game

Satin Barton

Thursday and Friday was pretty dead in CWE, Clayton and Dwntwn. I hate just sitting for long periods. I got the 15 guarantee text, but that didn't seem to be a true statement. Wondering if I should bother tonight. Last week was awesome ....what the heck happened?

Bigdrov1x

I was slow Thursday and Friday also. The nights started promising, but really petered out. I am thinking because next week is Halloween.

timj

Friday was slow for me. It picked up a little after 10pm but then died again after about an hour and half. Hey at least they are doing the guarantee thing so if things are really slow you get that. Just remember to go to the website in the link they texted and sign up for it. I did just in case, since I will be driving today as well which it said they are going to be doing a guarantee for as well. I suspect though today (Saturday) is going to be kind of slow as well again since it is the weekend before Halloween.

Bigdrov1x

Yeah, that damn link for the guarantee was not working for me? I have a galaxy s6, but when i went to the hyperlink, it kept givingme an error and said to reload. Nothing ever happened. New at this game, I guess there is a learning curve to be expected when finding out where the people that need rides are.

timj

Oh that's because Uber screwed up the URL when they posted it or the text got mangled or something. I noticed that ")." got added to the end of the URL, delete those so it is just words and it should work. That's what I had to do.

Bigdrov1x

Yep, fixed it and i am good to go now. Hopefully it is not dead again tonight. Guess I will just listen to a book while waiting

timj

I will say I have decide to take my tablet with me and read a book while I am waiting and I can tuck my little table next to my seat so it isn't the way and someone doesn't try and run off with it. I will say so far all my pax have been good people and a cut above the normal taxi riders I have dealt with in the past. So far most seem to be young yuppie or college student types who are very hip to technology. I haven't worried about my safety with any of them.

If you want a new cheap tablet Amazon just introduced a new $50 tablet that is great for just reading books and watching videos, and if it gets stolen or breaks you won't be out a lot of money.

Bigdrov1x

True dat. The worst customers I had were just not talkative. But all 5 star so far. People have been pretty cool. Was reall scared at first, but am not at all now. Most riff raff doesn't have the agency to actually use uber for mischief. Maybe I have been lucky? We will see.

Red_Bull

I average a ride about every 45 minutes on the slow night. I hate sitting in my car waiting. So I'll drive around.

Bigdrov1x

I average a ride about every 45 minutes on the slow night. I hate sitting in my car waiting. So I'll drive around.
Been doing well out by Westport. Just had a ride take me to tower south. Now i think I have to wait here for a little bit. Want to be out there. Next hockey game, i am camping out in Webster grove, they had a pretty big surge before the game.

I took a pax to high ridge yesterday from kirkwood. Good fare plus when I dropped him off I noticed the QT down the road has gas at $1.64 a gallon. My tank was half full but I topped it off anyway. That's the cheapest I've seen......and that was the highlight of my day, since it was hard getting pings for the past two days!

Bigdrov1x

Looks like O'Fallon IL is hopping right now. I called it quits. I will probably concentrate my efforts in Webster or westport/Creve couer area. Great customers and was better pings than the city. And there is always the outside chance of a downtown /airport run from there. Not as good as i would have liked tonight, but getting better. Just trying to find my niche in this market.

timj

The only way I know is if you open the app as a rider. Not even sure if that is 100% correct either.

colio

If we are licensed in Missouri, are we allowed to work the metro east?

Looks like O'Fallon IL is hopping right now. I called it quits. I will probably concentrate my efforts in Webster or westport/Creve couer area. Great customers and was better pings than the city. And there is always the outside chance of a downtown /airport run from there. Not as good as i would have liked tonight, but getting better. Just trying to find my niche in this market.

sksrsg01

I didnt get the guarantee text message i just my first ride yesterday i was nervous at first but am ready for this weekend im on the illinois side

CanOfWorms

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Your request (84407478) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Clarinna (Uber)

Nov 23, 09:10

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out regarding this. Happy to help.

You are allowed to drive and pick up rider's in Champaign, ILRockford, ILSpringfield, IL and Metro East, IL. Let me know if you have additional questions, I'll be happy to help. You can also visit our help page for reference.

Warmest regards,

Clarinna
help.uber.com

David Brown

Nov 23, 09:04

Hello, I am wanting to know what other markets are St Louis drivers allowed to work in. Thank you very much.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

This email is a service from Uber.

Message-Id:1VGVGKQM41_5653486c2358a_e4343f90708cd3287315a_sprut