The Uber Decals

Alloverthemap

Do states really require these? Or am I really being asked to be a mobile billboard for the home office? And what about taxi cab road rage? Aren't we far more likely to be run off the road once we self-Uber-ID?

Cableguynoe

I think they are required most places. However, I haven't used one in months.
I like it.
Just be alert when your arrive and pickup and wave at your rider if they look like they're unsure if you're their driver.
Haven't had any problems.

BSki

The Uber ones are garbage. I use my Lyft as it's smaller and removable.

Only time I do full trade dress is for LAX.

UberBastid

I have a piece of heavy paper (manila file folder) that's been cut to half sheet length wise. I printed the Uber logo on it from my printer. I stick it between the seat and the center console. When I roll up, I just pick it up and show it out the window to anyone that wants to see it. Once pax acknowledges me, I put it away.
Works well.

backcountryrez

Trade dress is probably required in my state, but I never used it as of yet. Flashers are GREAT at identifying yourself to riders (and also as you approach them).

RynoHawk

Many states do require it, especially at airports. Maybe most cops don't care and won't hassle you, but I'd rather not find the one who does and get a ticket. I don't consider the small placard in the corner of my windshield to be a "billboard" and think it helps passengers find me. I have not had any issues with taxi drivers. I just put it on when I drive and take it off when I don't. I attached cheap little suction cups to it.

reg barclay

Do states really require these? Or am I really being asked to be a mobile billboard for the home office? And what about taxi cab road rage? Aren't we far more likely to be run off the road once we self-Uber-ID?
In the places I drive (NY, NJ) it is required and I also find it helps when picking up pax at busy locations.

ShinyAndChrome

I've only used mine once for an airport pick up cause po po all over. Otherwise, not a chance. I don't like free advertising for one, and for two I'm not ashamed to drive uber, but I'm not proud of it. Would rather people I know not see the decals all things equal :wink:

SuzeCB

I've only used mine once for an airport pick up cause po po all over. Otherwise, not a chance. I don't like free advertising for one, and for two I'm not ashamed to drive uber, but I'm not proud of it. Would rather people I know not see the decals all things equal :wink:
Lamination, double-sided tape and some magnets and you have a sign that complies with local laws where they exist, and comes down in a flash when you don't want it up there.

::shrugs:: I choose to comply with the law rather that risk the two expensive tickets and towing that are possible if a cop is behind on his quota-that-doesn't-exist.

JimKE

You have to know your local laws because they vary all over the place. Ours in Florida are pretty lenient, but we have to display some trade dress in certain situations -- like at ports and airports.

But many jurisdictions have very stringent rules and very strong enforcement. This is not something you want to make an innocent mistake on.

Given the screwing Uber gave us this week with the insulting UberPoop pickup "bonus" and taking away the destination filters, I'll be putting my Uber Beacon in a drawer somewhere and only using the little Lyft stickie when I absolutely have to display something.

No more advertising for Uber.