The trouble spout never turns off for Uber - Israel bans Uber

BurgerTiime

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.825188?v=A6FCB2D524EB7D6A3ABED0C283C4DF70

In Major Blow, Court Bars Uber From Operating in Israel

Starting Tuesday morning, Uber Day and Uber Night will be not be allowed to run cars through their app due to insurance issues

Haaretz

Uber has been banned from Israel on Monday after a Tel Aviv judge ruled against them and in favor of Israel's Transportation Ministry, in the latest stage in its attempt to try to gain a foothold in Israel despite government pushback.

A court ruling was made Monday, and said that as of 10am on Tuesday the car-sharing app would have to halt the operations of its Uber Day and Uber Night services. The Transportation Ministry took the ride service giant to court charging it uses unauthorized drivers as part of their pilot program expanding a new app for carpooling. The court cited lack insurance as the reason for the ruling.

The Transportation Ministry has protested Uber’s expanding its service, arguing that it violates the law forbidding drivers to charge passengers if they don’t have a license to do so. They have even cautioned that anyone who uses the service as a passenger or a driver would be breaking the law.

But Uber has countered that this app has been adapted to suit the Israeli regulatory system.

As part of the Transportation Ministry's legal battle against the company, it had been considering seeking a temporary restraining order as well as full criminal proceedings. Such proceedings would be launched against the company as well as its users.

Israel's Uber chief Yoni Greifman has said that tens of thousands of Israelis were already using their service.

Advocates for Uber site the lack of public transportation in Israel compared to other Western countries. There are no subways and no transportation on the Sabbath.

Rakos

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.825188?v=A6FCB2D524EB7D6A3ABED0C283C4DF70

In Major Blow, Court Bars Uber From Operating in Israel

Starting Tuesday morning, Uber Day and Uber Night will be not be allowed to run cars through their app due to insurance issues

Haaretz

Uber has been banned from Israel on Monday after a Tel Aviv judge ruled against them and in favor of Israel's Transportation Ministry, in the latest stage in its attempt to try to gain a foothold in Israel despite government pushback.

A court ruling was made Monday, and said that as of 10am on Tuesday the car-sharing app would have to halt the operations of its Uber Day and Uber Night services. The Transportation Ministry took the ride service giant to court charging it uses unauthorized drivers as part of their pilot program expanding a new app for carpooling. The court cited lack insurance as the reason for the ruling.

The Transportation Ministry has protested Uber’s expanding its service, arguing that it violates the law forbidding drivers to charge passengers if they don’t have a license to do so. They have even cautioned that anyone who uses the service as a passenger or a driver would be breaking the law.

But Uber has countered that this app has been adapted to suit the Israeli regulatory system.

As part of the Transportation Ministry's legal battle against the company, it had been considering seeking a temporary restraining order as well as full criminal proceedings. Such proceedings would be launched against the company as well as its users.

Israel's Uber chief Yoni Greifman has said that tens of thousands of Israelis were already using their service.

Advocates for Uber site the lack of public transportation in Israel compared to other Western countries. There are no subways and no transportation on the Sabbath.

Prolly got in trouble...

For Ubering on the Sabbath...

Rakos
Worth+-+Monkey.jpg

7Miles

Uber thinks/thought that low rates will make customers addicts to Uber . Yet they are being banned lately one country after another. And nobody rioting.
Instead of paying us taxi cab rates they constantly show us middle finger . They have no support from drivers or customers. Keep in mind people that might attack me here will most likely quit Uber in 3 month from now. So go ahead and attack me.
Uber will be history if someone much better came along and I thing someone will. But not Lyft .

at-007smartLP

it would take 1 human, who has ever owned 1 vehicle, & made it past 5th grade math, 5 minutes to turn the company around.

stop trying to figure Uber out, its organized crime a ponzi scam they have zero interest in drivers, making a profit, or benefitting anyone but maybe 10,000 people on the planet. far as they concerned everyone else can eat a bag of french bagets

they either crumble, get bailed/bought out for pennies on the dollar or a universal open sourced ride "sharing" app will give everyone the opportunity to be a gypsie cab AND ratings will definitely mean something on it. costs less than 7K to clone the app now, get that in half & ill have my own branded uber in both app stores, im sure im not alone in 2 years ive got a little over a dozen regular airport travelers off books, why would i show loyalty? when i first started they actually paid me $2.40 for a trip in 2015 i thought it was a joke couldn't be serious no way an adult human would consider paying another adult human this in 2015 & no possible way the city would let it happen $2.40 here we are 2017 and its $4 lmao at the drivers who be accepting this more than 10% of the time, the only time i fall for em is when cancel rate gets to 30% then i take a few for the team lol if not thats lime 80+% of the requests.

or maybe someone will figure out its a thin $5 more per ride line between profit/love & loss/hate for the driver & throwing .86 at a $5 problem will never work cuz a self driving car WILL not be cheaper eventually the price of the service has to reflect actual costs, 96% failure rate is a lot of disgruntled brand ambassadors. vehicles cost money to operate.

at this point even if they had the greatest self driving tech on the planet who would trust it? i have least 50 years left if im blessed & i would never step in an uber branded anything even if it was free

Last edited:

uberdriverfornow

at this point, the best thing that can happen is Uber finally implodes and is bought by a company with high regard for ethics and making a profit, and will run it like it should be run, with regard to making profit and not to make sure they do everything as unethical as possible with no regard for profit

Rakos

at this point, the best thing that can happen is Uber finally implodes and is bought by a company with high regard for ethics and making a profit, and will run it like it should be run, with regard to making profit and not to make sure they do everything as unethical as possible with no regard for profit

Can you say Waymo...

Mars Troll Number 4

Isn't Kalanick jewish?

When your own people don't want your company...

Keep religiousity out of this..

We don't want to associate a religion with him, because that could make an entire religion look bad...

What is funny is that Israel is still allowing Uber to operate Uber Taxi, there.

I'm not surprised at all..

Ubertaxi is in compliance with regulations 100%.