Inshur

The thing with Uber....

Ronno#1

The main problem with Uber,it's a low end brand.......people only use low end brands because of price...you can buy a shirt from Primark or buy one from Armani....they are both just shirts....but I know which one I'd prefer.....but alas,I may not be able to afford the Armani....so,I go for the cheaper option.....Uber is the same....they are popular because they are cheap.....price goes up...people start thinking........for an extra couple of quid.....I might as well buy the Armani...This sinister corporation has only itself to blame....if it had stuck with experienced PH drivers and had a reasonable fare structure,where,it could meet its obligations and not ride roughshod over regs and others livelihoods it would not be where it is today.....Good riddance

Kabilier

Yes. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

And there is a reason why low end brands hardly thrive... look at Ryan air, Aldl, Primark, the pound stores. Yes these brands look like they are healthy and profitable, but crack from within and it is big struggle for their management. Their profits are also only because they squeeze the lower class workers who serve them.

Uber is following the same path...and it is path to self destruct.
They don't even have to be Armani to be the best, may be just the Zara of fashion, or the ASDA of supermarket..

Appealing to everyone, profitable, not low, not high, reasonable a bit and competitive.

Stupid company with dumb founder and management.

Towie

Good analogies - Uber is very much the Primark - but the thing is it's very very popular with customers. Other retailers hate them (Next , Zara etc) but realise they are a major player in that industry.

Black Cabs are very much like Woolworths or BHS -Worked very hard to get the reputation - reliable and dependable but not able to change or compete in the 21st century.
People don't like change.

PH firms are like the market stalls- still have a loyal customer base but on the decline as they can't compete with the bigger companies.

AdLee is like Zara- higher end than Uber and still popular if you pay a bit more for a better product.

D1991

Good analogies - Uber is very much the Primark - but the thing is it's very very popular with customers. Other retailers hate them (Next , Zara etc) but realise they are a major player in that industry.

Black Cabs are very much like Woolworths or BHS -Worked very hard to get the reputation - reliable and dependable but not able to change or compete in the 21st century.

PH firms are like the market stalls- still have a loyal customer base but on the decline as they can't compete with the bigger companies.

AdLee is like Zara- higher end than Uber and still popular if you pay a bit more for a better product.
Addlee are stupid they quoted me 76 £ from Northolt to Heathrow my local offices charged 15 I told addlee to get lost

Amb

Addlee are stupid they quoted me 76 £ from Northolt to Heathrow my local offices charged 15 I told addlee to get lost
It can't be that much...from Northolt station to T5 is £35/£28 on/off peak respectively.

Kabilier

What does the iPhoneX, Starbucks generation of today not like, of course, they like Uber because it is cheap.

But the fact is that cheap is not the only way to go. There can be more value and at better higher price, the IphoneX generation will still like it.
Afterall, their beloved iPhoneX and Samsung Y are expensive and not affordable to most of them, yet squeeze themselves to buy.

Look at Primark and how much it will hardly survive if it doesn't take advantage of human beings in Bangladesh or Afghanistan. That is what Uber is. Unless drivers kill themselves, it won't survive.

Even Primark is hemorrhaging big time, and God knows it can hardly survive the next 10 years, despite the cheap offering.

Ad Lee is not like Zara, remember Zara is the king of the fashion high street and the most profitable and yet not as cheap as Primark.

Ad Lee I think is like M&S, good quality but less appealing these days to the mainstream and the young generation, pricing a bit on top and marketing position, old school and mostly liked by the business class.

I agree, Black cabs are like Woolworth's, good quality but not top as such. I think that the ones that will survive this industry will be positioned like Zara and have the ability to move up and down.

Uber is a lost game, no doubt about it.

London's Finest

I believe him.
Addison Lee charge double the fare if you're an idiot.
Exactly what I was thinking lol

"not able to change or compete in the 21st century."
In what way, apps? Don't make me laugh, Hailo was in London a year before Uber.
Or do you mean compete by lowering prices down to 1980's levels and making drivers work ridiculous hours for slave wages. If it's the latter, you have a point.

Ronno#1

London Taxi drivers are a very powerful lobby group.....you don't survive 300 plus years and have nothing to show for it....whoever takes on the London Taxi trade has there work cut out for them....By law,they are the only group of drivers that are allowed to be hailed on the street....Uber may survive,but they will be a vastly improved service for the drivers,not so cheap and instantly available for the riders,London Taxi drivers are not the Woolworths or the BHS of the trade.....they are the Parliament......and if a $70 billion dollar company can not take them down......well...think about it...

London's Finest

London Taxi drivers are a very powerful lobby group.....you don't survive 300 plus years and have nothing to show for it....whoever takes on the London Taxi trade has there work cut out for them....By law,they are the only group of drivers that are allowed to be hailed on the street....Uber may survive,but they will be a vastly improved service for the drivers,not so cheap and instantly available for the riders,London Taxi drivers are not the Woolworths or the BHS of the trade.....they are the Parliament......and if a $70 billion dollar company can not take them down......well...think about it...
And when Uber lose "cheap" they become just another minicab firm with an app.

Ronno#1

That's exactly what they were to begin with.....it's only because TFL got into bed with them that they had illusions of grandeur.....TFL also need to answer a few questions....especially from the Hendy/Daniels regime...

SurgeX2

IMG_4836.PNG

£76 yeah sure

Hogster

I called them didn't check on the app

49£ is to much from kings cross to Northolt is 23£ that's the passenger price it's more like 35 if the driver took a40 then m25 then around 44£
What about the £15 Northolt to Heathrow fare???

Come on, name & shame them?

Was it Salvation Army Executive Cars or the 140 Bus?