DoYouEvenLyft?

Screenshot_20200605-182535_Uber Driver.jpg

It is 85°F, sunny with crystal blue skies here in Pittsburgh, Pa. Also the governor of Pa gave my county the ok to fully open malls, gyms, bars, and everything else inbetween. So of course, the pax came out in hordes demanding rides.

Ive been doing only deliveries for the past couple months for some extra cash. I feel that picking up pax during this "pandemic" is just asking for a death sentence 😂😂. Im honestly not judging anyone whose been picking up pax during this whole shenanigan, but i myself do not feel comfortable driving people around who have masks on. Call me a wussy, i dont care.

Plus, ive been hearing stories from my fellow drivers that:
  • They have been reported for not wearing a mask, even though the driver clearly was.
  • A fellow driver GOT sick from Covid-19. Could be true, could be seasonal allergies, who knows.
  • I heard that some pax are REMOVING MASKS MID TRIP???????? Umm, wtf???
Now my question: is all this hassle worth the surge???? Dont get me wrong, $15 extra per trip is H-H-H-HEAVENLY 🤤🤤 but if the chances of getting deactivated are higher because pax are reporting drivers for not wearing masks and other BS...then i dont want to pick up pax.

What are your thoughts? Would you drive if your market was surging like mine? Would you ever drive around pax again? Are you going to stick to only UberEats, DoorDash, and GrubHub permanently like me?

-Jerry

Last edited:

UberBeemer

Nope. I am just sticking with deliveries for now. Arizona, Texas, and Oregon are already seeing covid numbers trending back upward. This will likely be the case in others as well in the next couple of weeks.
Post automatically merged:

Anyways, the gas mileage is better without a back seat full of people. Trips shorter, and tips are way up.

Last edited:

Uberguyken

Not only would I but I have been.... $10+ surge is very nice and having $260+ half days again sure doesn't hurt a bit. The heat is and has been killing off the virus. Stop worrying about that craziness... I've driven non stop since the start and I'm still here.... And as for Masks.... I'm not fighting Ubers battles just for their PR games...

CJfrom619

I dont get the whole thing about...delivery being a safer option then giving rides?? Is it really? When you pickup an order from a restaurant you get similar exposure as if someone where to be in your car. Every rider is required to wear a mask and you have no contact. I’m not a expert bit how different is the risk really?

disp350

Not only would I but I have been.... $10+ surge is very nice and having $260+ half days again sure doesn't hurt a bit. The heat is and has been killing off the virus. Stop worrying about that craziness... I've driven non stop since the start and I'm still here.... And as for Masks.... I'm not fighting Ubers battles just for their PR games...
Listen, you do what you need and have to do, but don't spread bullshit that the heat is killing off the virus. Leave that to President Pinocchio to spread.

Uberguyken

Listen, you do what you need and have to do, but don't spread bullshit that the heat is killing off the virus. Leave that to President Pinocchio to spread.
We shall see what's Bullshyt or not... Cases are down regardless of all these idiots out in the thousands standing on each other in 90+ degree weather... How bout open your mind and stop believing your leftist news outlets dipshyt.

disp350

We shall see what's Bullshyt or not... Cases are down regardless of all these idiots out in the thousands standing on each other in 90+ degree weather... How bout open your mind and stop believing your leftist news outlets dipshyt.
Hey ShiitForBrains - I dont do leftist, rightest, up, down, sideways. I go to the source, like the CDC and State Govt reports. Anything President McNothing says is automatically known to be false. I dont like this either, but I'll believe this example before anything that comes out of his mouth:

JPaiva

View attachment 471330

It is 85°F, sunny with crystal blue skies here in Pittsburgh, Pa. Also the governor of Pa gave my county the ok to fully open malls, gyms, bars, and everything else inbetween. So of course, the pax came out in hordes demanding rides.

Ive been doing only deliveries for the past couple months for some extra cash. I feel that picking up pax during this "pandemic" is just asking for a death sentence 😂😂. Im honestly not judging anyone whose been picking up pax during this whole shenanigan, but i myself do not feel comfortable driving people around who have masks on. Call me a wussy, i dont care.

• They have been reported for not wearing a mask, even though the driver clearly was.
  • A fellow driver GOT sick from Covid-19. Could be true, could be seasonal allergies, who knows.
Now my question: is all this hassle worth the surge???? Dont get me wrong, $15 extra per trip is H-H-H-HEAVENLY 🤤🤤 but if the chances of getting deactivated are higher because pax are reporting drivers for not wearing masks and other BS...then i dont want to pick up pax.

What are your thoughts? Would you drive if your market was surging like mine? Would you ever drive around pax again? Are you going to stick to only UberEats, DoorDash, and GrubHub permanently like me?

-Jerry
Not driving until August at the earliest. Perfectly content collecting $800+/wk until July 25th to stay home, and I dont want any direct deposits going into my account to screw that up. Let it surge, let pax get pissed because no drivers are available. Just not worth it at the moment.

jgiun1

Not driving until August at the earliest. Perfectly content collecting $800+/wk until July 25th to stay home, and I dont want any direct deposits going into my account to screw that up. Let it surge, let pax get pissed because no drivers are available. Just not worth it at the moment.

Ohhhhh yeahhhhh....ME.too

CJfrom619

This is a great time in rideshare history. Most drivers sitting at home collecting $700-1000 for doing nothing and the ones still working are out there making a killing. Great time to be a driver in my opinion. I just had ones of my best weeks ever for over $3k...had it not been for drivers staying home collecting unemployment that would have never happened. Its been a win- win for drivers in my opinion.

Uberguyken

This is a great time in rideshare history. Most drivers sitting at home collecting $700-1000 for doing nothing and the ones still working are out there making a killing. Great time to be a driver in my opinion. I just had ones of my best weeks ever for over $3k...had it not been for drivers staying home collecting unemployment that would have never happened. Its been a win- win for drivers in my opinion.
Sorry but 3k? I'm calling BS. And my guess is so will everyone else who reads that....

Buck-a-mile

View attachment 471330

-Jerry
I'm over 65

Not going out there yet personally.

UberBeemer

Now you can afford your own ventilator.

CJfrom619

Sounds like you giving rides to lots of protesters. 15 days.
Didn’t do any rides to protesters to be honest. I did half rides and half deliveries. The protests out here were mild at best and I saw all of them. It was more of a show then anything. Most of my rides were people going to work or going out. Most things are open back up here so things are getting back to normal finally.

DoYouEvenLyft?

Of course you would be calling BS and of course your guess would be everyone would think the same. View attachment 472906
Post automatically merged:

Right. What a smart comment from a smart guy. Nice joke. Grow up clown.

Holy ShitBalls Batman, hats off to you 👍 seriously, that is quite a grind to make that much a week. If i can make that everyweek in my market, i could pay off all my debt and dues by fall.

I'm over 65

Not going out there yet personally.

I will begin to drive pax again under these conditions:
  • There is a vaccine for Covid-19.
  • I have my dedicated Uber/Lyft vehicle, as my Volkswagen cant take the abuse any longer from potholes and filthy pax.
  • The airport is back to normal operation.
The airport is my bread and butter, but with flights STILL only having 5-10 passangers per flight, makes no sense for me to wait at the que. As for the vaccine, who knows how long that will take.

-Jerry