The surges

pomegranite112

Anyone hit them? Wolf trap, jiffy lube and that monstrous fedex field surge. Say what you want about traffic but fedex was at a 5x. I missed all 3 but tried to get the fedex one. Ended up picking up this women in md who just got off from work. She kept talking about her tips. Thought she was a prostitute...NOPE. Cashier at a pizza place. She made over 100 in tips an she gives me about 25. It didn't feel right taking money from her because she was talking about her struggles but if you're going to hand me 25 for nothing, i'm going to take it.

New2This

Anyone hit them? Wolf trap, jiffy lube and that monstrous fedex field surge. Say what you want about traffic but fedex was at a 5x. I missed all 3 but tried to get the fedex one. Ended up picking up this women in md who just got off from work. She kept talking about her tips. Thought she was a prostitute...NOPE. Cashier at a pizza place. She made over 100 in tips an she gives me about 25. It didn't feel right taking money from her because she was talking about her struggles but if you're going to hand me 25 for nothing, i'm going to take it.

If you have a strategy (and drive like a bat out of Hell as soon as the ride's done) FedEx Field can be a gold mine.

Last ride of the night was after 1:00A.M. Was worth going back. Cancelled a 2.8X to Arlington as surge was dissipating. 5 frat boys. I cried a little inside cancelling it.

If they'd been going to Chantilly it would've been 'get in and keep your goddamn heads down as we go past the cops'.

20170904_025540.png
20170904_030528.png

As glorious as this was, even driving some VERY convoluted long ways like this, I couldn't get Uber a negative payout. I would've gone over to 395 and up but I was trying to get back.

20170904_030327.png

Attachments

• 20170904_025540.png
    20170904_025540.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20170904_025312.png
    20170904_025312.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 38

pomegranite112

If you have a strategy (and drive like a bat out of Hell as soon as the ride's done) FedEx Field can be a gold mine.

Last ride of the night was after 1:00A.M. Was worth going back. Cancelled a 2.8X to Arlington as surge was dissipating. 5 frat boys. I cried a little inside cancelling it.

If they'd been going to Chantilly it would've been 'get in and keep your goddamn heads down as we go past the cops'.

View attachment 154806 View attachment 154805

As glorious as this was, even driving some VERY convoluted long ways like this, I couldn't get Uber a negative payout. I would've gone over to 395 and up but I was trying to get back.

View attachment 154807

Oh my.

I lost big time today. I had no idea it was going to surge like that. I saw the wolf trap surge so i ran out, as i was getting closer ut was dying out so I see jiffy lube surging but i had to get gas. I get to that area and i get a req from a shopping center. I'm thinking crap this sucks. 3 mile drive inc. i take them 6 miles on a 1.9x. I get back on the road an a rider pings me, i get there and he tells me he's alrdy home....so I no show cancelled him and drive towards dc with my df. Got 2 base rate rides towards dc. I drove into md and last min i grabbed that 2.9x trip from that poor cashier. She gets in my car smelling like garb and tells me about her feet. Find out the trips only 3miles....but she throws me tips like she robbed a bank.

I learned a valuable lesson today. I need to prepare better but i really wasn't expecting that. Ddoes fedex always surge hard?

RedFox

Less surging means more earnings for our partners.

pegasimotors

Oh my.

I lost big time today. I had no idea it was going to surge like that. I saw the wolf trap surge so i ran out, as i was getting closer ut was dying out so I see jiffy lube surging but i had to get gas. I get to that area and i get a req from a shopping center. I'm thinking crap this sucks. 3 mile drive inc. i take them 6 miles on a 1.9x. I get back on the road an a rider pings me, i get there and he tells me he's alrdy home....so I no show cancelled him and drive towards dc with my df. Got 2 base rate rides towards dc. I drove into md and last min i grabbed that 2.9x trip from that poor cashier. She gets in my car smelling like garb and tells me about her feet. Find out the trips only 3miles....but she throws me tips like she robbed a bank.

I learned a valuable lesson today. I need to prepare better but i really wasn't expecting that. Ddoes fedex always surge hard?

FedEx surges hard when there are a lot of out of out of towners in town.
Same thing happened here when Barca played Real Madrid this summer at FedEx.
Alot of people on here say avoid, but it's actually a great payday of $200+ in 3-4 hours.
I've learned not to listen to the naysayers too much and stick to my wits and knowledge of area/hotels.

Did some basic reconn... surged a little before event and alot afterwards. game ended between 11pm - 12am

Attachments

• IMG_8822.PNG
    IMG_8822.PNG
    59.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_8826.PNG
    IMG_8826.PNG
    87 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_8833.PNG
    IMG_8833.PNG
    101.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_8837.PNG
    IMG_8837.PNG
    90.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_8838.PNG
    IMG_8838.PNG
    64.8 KB · Views: 52

123yes

I've never done FedEx, but after seeing your earnings I am thinking to do it. Is it hard to pick up a rider in the field? And does it surge like that during Redskins game?

FTU1228

I ran into fedex by accident going home from my last trip. Never done fedex but it was so deep red I couldnt resist. Turn on app nothing and Im saying to myself there not trying to pay these high fares but I get a 4.7 ping and bingo. Also it was a pool but who cares at that rate. It was an elderly couple who went to the game and was on central ave with alot of other ppl just sitting around the mcdonalds and sidewalks. Apparently there were alot of ppl stranded last night. Not even enough ubers avail. anyways my pax were just going to greenbelt station to pick up there car but that short 12 min ride got me 55.00 on a pool. Gotta start paying attention to fedex not the parking area but the out skirts.

pomegranite112

it's still worth it even if you can only get 1 ride per hour on a 4x. It's hard to get out or get in but so what. It's part of the job. Nothing worth having is easy

New2This

It can be a PITA picking up at the Uber Pickup Zone. That place is a shitshow of epic proportions. However once they're in the car and trip starts, when it's above 4.0X I don't mind sitting in traffic quite as much.

pomegranite112

It can be a PITA picking up at the Uber Pickup Zone. That place is a shitshow of epic proportions. However once they're in the car and trip starts, when it's above 4.0X I don't mind sitting in traffic quite as much.

I'll sit in traffic all day on a 4x. Thats 50 cents a min