• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

The surge - just out of reach...

XLperth

I was driving tonight, when I was yet again toyed with teased even, by Uber....Rottnest Island was surging and all I could do is sit in Freo...and think of what could have been. This was a worse tease than driving towards a surge area, and seeing it retreat like a Broome tide. They are like a rainbow...and the pot of....you know where I am going with this :smiles:

painfreepc

Don't chase surges, it's a waste of time,
Unless you know of an area that has a Pacific Time pattern for having surges, do not Chase surges just try to be where when they show up,

If I do drive toward a surge and it dissipates I do not pick up in the area, if you are uber employee and you're reading this, please explain to me why a passenger should reap the benefits of me driving to a surge area and then as soon as I get there there's no serge, but the passengers still reap the benefit of me picking them up.

XLperth

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hiya painfreepc...I hear your uberpain! Surges are the MAIN thing riders complain to me about Uber. They love the cars, drivers, system, water, etc etc...but HATE the surges. I have no doubt people rate the driver poorly after they see a high cost due to surge.

My post about Rottnest - just to explain...is an Island off the coast here, which cars cannot go to - but it WAS covered by a surge area.

Geely Gangster

I'm sure most/all experienced drivers know never to chase the surge. I pretty well learnt that in my second week of Uber driving and most newbies learn it pretty quick as well.

TrexG

I was driving tonight, when I was yet again toyed with teased even, by Uber....Rottnest Island was surging and all I could do is sit in Freo...and think of what could have been. This was a worse tease than driving towards a surge area, and seeing it retreat like a Broome tide. They are like a rainbow...and the pot of....you know where I am going with this :smiles:
Can you put up a snap of xl surges on your driver app. It's constantly surging when I check the rider app. I just wanna see how it looks city wide

whocareaboutPAX

I'm sure most/all experienced drivers know never to chase the surge. I pretty well learnt that in my second week of Uber driving and most newbies learn it pretty quick as well.
Yep. FIrst week of driving, I thought at 5PM on a friday it was a good idea to drive from Canning Bridge to Queens Park chasing the surge. Didnt understand why it disappeared... I thought I was quick enough.

XLperth

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
TrexG ...I take XL and X trips. I have been meaning to ask if I can register my car twice, so I can choose between taking XL jobs only, or both. I don't know about different surges for XL....considering half the XL jobs I have to drive 12 - 15 mins to get.