The secret beauty to UberEats you may not have realized

Dammit Mazzacane

You can have multiple people in the car on UberEats, so now it’s become a “thing” to go party and hang out doing UberEats. No, I sh-t you not. The passengers don’t need to be sober....

Not sure who came up with this one but apparently it’s “fun work” versus sitting at the TV, it becomes like an adventure exploring. A friend of mine was telling me they ran Eats on one of those icy nights and had a blast and made bank. It’s like leeway to go screw around while getting rent money. They don’t care that driving people could be more lucrative. I imagine it’s a quick way to pass time earning money.

Know your ants...?

RedANT

My girlfriend and I did this for awhile. It honestly wasnt terrible.
My best friend and I did this 2 or 3 times when she moved here, but with Door Dash and GrubHub. The money is definitely better than with Uber Eats, we know how much each order is tipping before we accept the run, it's kind of fun running around with a friend rather than alone, and I can circle the block while she picks up and drops off orders rather than fight for a parking spot.

The only way I'd do this with Uber Eats is if Uber were to require pax to do the pickup/drop enroute to their destination. Maybe make it a requirement for pool? (with the "earnings" from their part of the delivery used to subsidize the cheap ride?)

freddieman

You can have multiple people in the car on UberEats, so now it’s become a “thing” to go party and hang out doing UberEats. No, I sh-t you not. The passengers don’t need to be sober....

Not sure who came up with this one but apparently it’s “fun work” versus sitting at the TV, it becomes like an adventure exploring. A friend of mine was telling me they ran Eats on one of those icy nights and had a blast and made bank. It’s like leeway to go screw around while getting rent money. They don’t care that driving people could be more lucrative. I imagine it’s a quick way to pass time earning money.

Know your ants...?
Ubereats and bank should not be in the same sentence.

Dammit Mazzacane

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ubereats and bank should not be in the same sentence.
I know—- without quoting exact figures, I was told they earned over $200 gross in like six hours because of the dearth of other drivers because of the ice and crap road conditions—- driving a big wide area of food deliveries with constant action. I was floored. Now, per mile and net are unknowns but that must have been a lot of driving.

freddieman

I know—- without quoting exact figures, I was told they earned over $200 gross in like six hours because of the dearth of other drivers because of the ice and crap road conditions—- driving a big wide area of food deliveries with constant action. I was floored. Now, per mile and net are unknowns but that must have been a lot of driving.
I still don’t see it unless customers are tippin big. All the waiting at restaurant and the time to deliver the food by walking.....I just don’t see it.

K-pax

I would prefer emotional support Hotties.
If you do Eats... this too could be yours. I'm gonna dig up the Fremont Troll and just do Eats... tow that thing behind my prius... my Emotional Support Troll. I'll get tips that are bigger than DexNex fares... bringing the Fremont Troll to your door with a bag of d.i.c.k.s.... biatchhhhesssss! :p