The Rise of the Ants

K

Kwanzaa

Guber has long since created these mindless drivers who literally have no idea what is going on, jersey is in shambles, it's so bad that surge no longer exists, I remember back when surge would go 3-5x, we would see a surge and log off right away and just wait, surges would last a while, now a days people will just eat it up immediately and they don't know better because guber made it that way. People will crawl for 1.3 smh what a shame,

Poppychullo

Ants will now invade every inch if driveable real estate in north jersey. TLC heathen will migrate from their holes into north jersey. Suburbans with TLC plates will abound. If TLC drivers of the muslim faith and TLC drivers of the hebrew faith can get along as they pilage our driving lands, why cant they get along in their motherlands?. As you wait for those pings that never come, you will look at your screen and curse ants of all races, religions and creeds as they inhibit your ability to earn. It will be very ugly the next couple months. For every ant who swears off Uber, five more are spawned.

K

Kwanzaa

It's an incredible thing to watch as drivers become more and more diluted to whsts going on. And why cant the drivers get together and do something about it? Maybe the drivers need a leader...?
He'll would freeze over before the rates go up... it's a conspiracy they don't want drivers to make good $$ they wanna keep you in a bubble because clearly raising it by 35-50 cent would only make the service better for everyone even riders... smh

Lightning1181

Hell, last night down in Forked River NJ, I saw no less than 3 TLC nimrods. What the hell are they fishing for? It's not a big touristy part if the shore, but the other side of Barnegat Bay is. I'm sure as hell glad I don't work down there, I would be doing a lot more than tackless strips and paint balls for these clowns. BTW F/R is near exit 74!!!

Oh, and a side note: Kwanzaa for a brandy new member you sure do sound very familiar. Riding on re-treads much?

ibeam23

Hell, last night down in Forked River NJ, I saw no less than 3 TLC nimrods. What the hell are they fishing for? It's not a big touristy part if the shore, but the other side of Barnegat Bay is. I'm sure as hell glad I don't work down there, I would be doing a lot more than tackless strips and paint balls for these clowns. BTW F/R is near exit 74!!!

Oh, and a side note: Kwanzaa for a brandy new member you sure do sound very familiar. Riding on re-treads much?
I've seen TLC's as far north as Haverstraw, NY.

K

Kwanzaa

I've been looking through for quite some time, new here though

JPell

Why in THE World were you in Forked River which is so dead, all of the way from the A.H. ? I hope just a lucky drop off from there. I saw Lyft cars in seaside, for the love of Saint Christopher, 6 of them around 10 a.m. this morning when I checked the app. Summer is over and it was raining. These poor (literally if they drove ANY distance at all) ants are holding on to a long gone love affair with the shore and don't know where else to go. They're slowly moving back North and West where they came from, and watch, all the roaches who said too bad, I'll drive 60 miles to the shore, it's a free country, are going to be just as frustrated as DTS drivers have been when their spots become anthills. I for one have zero sympathy.

Lightning1181

Why in THE World were you in Forked River which is so dead, all of the way from the A.H. ? I hope just a lucky drop off from there. I saw Lyft cars in seaside, for the love of Saint Christopher, 6 of them around 10 a.m. this morning when I checked the app. Summer is over and it was raining. These poor (literally if they drove ANY distance at all) ants are holding on to a long gone love affair with the shore and don't know where else to go. They're slowly moving back North and West where they came from, and watch, all the roaches who said too bad, I'll drive 60 miles to the shore, it's a free country, are going to be just as frustrated as DTS drivers have been when their spots become anthills. I for one have zero sympathy.
I am retired and like to travel, plus I have a sweetheart that lives there, so there goes the main reason. It just tickles the shyt out of me to see these moroons all over the state, cluelessly driving and not know where they are going, plus most of them do not know how to drive the speed limit when they are in the left lane of the parkway. You will notice them, NY plates and 45 mph while everyone else is clipping along at 80.. Not hard for anyone to start swearing at these nimrods.

JPell

I am retired and like to travel, plus I have a sweetheart that lives there, so there goes the main reason. It just tickles the shyt out of me to see these moroons all over the state, cluelessly driving and not know where they are going, plus most of them do not know how to drive the speed limit when they are in the left lane of the parkway. You will notice them, NY plates and 45 mph while everyone else is clipping along at 80.. Not hard for anyone to start swearing at these nimrods.
So it did have something to do with getting lucky lol. I don't know how to pm. You seem pretty alright lightning. Next time you're visiting your girl I'd be happy to meet you both.

Poppychullo

TLC ants are pigs. Sweaty , babbling, stinky, money grubbing pigs. Great joy driving back on 78 and seeing multiple ant-pigs broken down in their black ant-pig mobile suburbans. I encountered the scum TLC ant-pig at the Balustrol last year. It was traumatizing.

K

Kwanzaa

TLC ants are pigs. Sweaty , babbling, stinky, money grubbing pigs. Great joy driving back on 78 and seeing multiple ant-pigs broken down in their black ant-pig mobile suburbans. I encountered the scum TLC ant-pig at the Balustrol last year. It was traumatizing.

These are facts, they don't belong here I don't get it

anteetr

Can TLCs work in Philadelphia Market?

I've seen enough driving around here I assume they can. They were here in droves for the DNC last summer and I saw quite a few this weekend during Made in America.

There's somebody living under a mile from my house in suburban Philadelphia that has 2 TLC plated uber cars in his driveway. TLCs live all over the place. I've also seen unoccupied NYC yellow and green NYC taxis parked in driveways in Northeast Philadelphia. I have no doubt more than a few live DTS.

They're slowly moving back North and West where they came from, and watch, all the roaches who said too bad, I'll drive 60 miles to the shore, it's a free country, are going to be just as frustrated as DTS drivers have been when their spots become anthills. I for one have zero sympathy.

My fishing holes at home are starting to light up again for the first time in months now that summer is over. I no longer have to follow my customers DTS to make a living and I'm very happy about it. Personally, I'd prefer if they stayed here year round so I didn't have to follow them, but it is what it is. It's nice to be home by 2:30 instead of 4.

As for the TLC scum, the only reason I hate on them is because we can't work in NYC, but Uber lets them work anywhere even though the commission that exists solely to protect them from competition has made it expressly illegal for them to do so unless they're dropping off in NYC.

If youre tired of your ghost town and want to commute to Philly make some money be my guest. There's enough to go around.

Last edited:

JPell

I've seen enough driving around here I assume they can. They were here in droves for the DNC last summer and I saw quite a few this weekend during Made in America.

There's somebody living under a mile from my house in suburban Philadelphia that has 2 TLC plated uber cars in his driveway. TLCs live all over the place. I've also seen unoccupied NYC yellow and green NYC taxis parked in driveways in Northeast Philadelphia. I have no doubt more than a few live DTS.

My fishing holes at home are starting to light up again for the first time in months now that summer is over. I no longer have to follow my customers DTS to make a living and I'm very happy about it. Personally, I'd prefer if they stayed here year round so I didn't have to follow them, but it is what it is. It's nice to be home by 2:30 instead of 4.
We all have our parameters and goals. I'm glad to know that you can make as much driving now in Philly as you did after gas and depreciation driving 3 hours round trip just to get here for the summer season DTS.

anteetr

We all have our parameters and goals. I'm glad to know that you can make as much driving now in Philly as you did after gas and depreciation driving 3 hours round trip just to get here for the summer season DTS.

Me too. I really wish I didn't have to come there to work during the summer but the way it is here you really don't have a choice if you do this for a living as I do.

Philly is a big college town and those kids are half the business. In summer, they're all gone and many of them go from being riders to drivers, which is double plus ungood. Whole supply demand thing gets all outta whack. Many others relocate DTS every weekend. Not to mention all the school employees that have nothing better to do but Netflix n Chill on their couches with their apps on all day long.

Also for me, it's 2 hours round trip and I usually got at least half of my trip home paid at at least 2.0x Shore Rate which is like 3.5x my local rate, so really only 1/4 of my commute was dead. That's similar dead mileage to a local shift for me.

JPell

Me too. I really wish I didn't have to come there to work during the summer but the way it is here you really don't have a choice if you do this for a living as I do.

Philly is a big college town and those kids are half the business. In summer, they're all gone and many of them go from being riders to drivers, which is double plus ungood. Whole supply demand thing gets all outta whack. Many others relocate DTS every weekend. Not to mention all the school employees that have nothing better to do but Netflix n Chill on their couches with their apps on all day long.

Also for me, it's 2 hours round trip and I usually got at least half of my trip home paid at at least 2.0x Shore Rate which is like 3.5x my local rate, so really only 1/4 of my commute was dead. That's similar dead mileage to a local shift for me.
Sweet. So my drive to Philly, getting rides along that line, Princeton, Cherry Hill will pay for itself on a destination filter. Good to know. I got a ride from DTS to Cherry Hill in the spring. As soon as I dropped her off I got a ping. That never happens DTS. It was on kings highway. I declined it because it was getting busy DTS and I had no DF on. I got another one within seconds and shut my ap off. Set a DF for where I live and drove back empty. That was off season for NJS though.

doggerel

Never seen so many drivers sitting in their living rooms waiting for rides near me. No way to get rides except to hit the roads around here.