The real reason why you get less than 5 stars

iheartuber

it has nothing to do with your driving or if your car is clean or the route you take.

Pax will ding you for one reason only:

They have some kind of problem(s) in their life and they are taking it out on you.

bgftp29

I agree with you people do bring their problems with them. Some want to take it out of us, the driver. I try to find something they want to talk about. Listen to them, if you hear something you can tell they love, like their pet or job. Keep asking questions and let them talk & talk. Makes the ride go a lot faster and I'm pretty sure you are going to get 5 stars. The PAX is going to think, what a great convo. People love to talk about themselves. Use that to your advantage.

Last edited:

UberMikeyX

Not everyone wants to talk. A lot of Pax just sit and stare at their phones and it's nearly impossible to strike a conversation. They'll give you 1 word answers and go back to their phones and sound annoyed. I just leave these kinds of people alone. These people act entitled and are the ones that give us bad ratings. I give these kinds of riders 3 stars. They don't tip anyway and treat us like their personal servants and give us no kind of respect.

LGBNEWBIEDRIVER

The way that I handle new rides is this. I always greet them with a Hello and how are you? If they respond with a smile and a vibrant reply then I try and pursue a conversation. If the PAX immediately goes to staring at their phone or closing their eyes I just leave them be. You can learn a lot from someones body language . Some people just wanna a ride and feel awkward enough for using UBER . I just leave them alone until we arrive and always say thank you and have a terrific day or evening.

UberMikeyX

I'm as courteous as they come and always say "Hello, how are you?" and "Have a great evening/day". In over 1,200 trips, 4 people have given me the silent treatment and it's resulted in 4 reports. I always offer water if the trip is longer than 5 miles and ask if the temperature is good for them. I guess that's too much talk. These kinds of people are never happy. My car is almost always clean, yet I've gotten 6 "Vehicle quality:Appearance/cleanliness" which is total BS. Twice I've looked back and found sand in the back seat and one Pax left all sorts of debris all over my floor mattes. People are such disrespectful pigs.