Uber Drivers Forum banner

The race to the bottom just hit OC.

2K views 54 replies 19 participants last post by  goneubering 
#1 ·
Uber knows the welfare is ending and wants to give everyone a chance to drive for .30 cents a mile to keep busy. Mine will be set at 2.5 XL, good luck!
Font Rectangle Screenshot Number Media

See less See more
#24 ·
I suspect this is an experiment by Uber's Public Policy division to see how drivers will react to setting their own rates. It can work if "tacit collusion" exists.

If one driver deviates by setting a low multiplier, the other drivers will retaliate by setting their multipliers low and henceforth no more surge.

The idea for this experiment lies within the game theory field.

#42 ·
Damn, what a shitty time to be an Uber driver..

In a perfect world, everybody would set their multiplier to 2.0 and call that a day. But what's going to happen is the ants are going to be ants, and lowball everybody all the time. Unfortunately all this is in reality is smoke and mirrors. It creates false competition between the drivers. How does a passenger know the difference between driver A and driver B?

In business you get what you pay for. It's up to the individual businesses to stand out. Maybe I charge $20 because I serve Avion and chocolate, the other guy charges $10 and serves a dirty seat for your ass. The passenger is never going to know that because Uber's not going to tell them. All the pax we'll ever know is that they can take Driver A right now at this fair, or wait for the cheaper Driver B.

I think the magic number here for you guys is going to be about 1.3 -1.5. so congratulations on your raise I guess??

#43 ·
Damn, what a shitty time to be an Uber driver..

In a perfect world, everybody would set their multiplier to 2.0 and call that a day. But what's going to happen is the ants are going to be ants, and lowball everybody all the time. Unfortunately all this is in reality is smoke and mirrors. It creates false competition between the drivers. How does a passenger know the difference between driver A and driver B?

In business you get what you pay for. It's up to the individual businesses to stand out. Maybe I charge $20 because I serve Avion and chocolate, the other guy charges $10 and serves a dirty seat for your ass. The passenger is never going to know that because Uber's not going to tell them. All the pax we'll ever know is that they can take Driver A right now at this fair, or wait for the cheaper Driver B.

I think the magic number here for you guys is going to be about 1.3 -1.5. so congratulations on your raise I guess??
They are driving for base anyways... Got to take what you can get.. I requested a ride just now, was able to get a base XL... mini van of course.... 17 minuets away to go 12 minutes away for 16 bucks.... so maybe 8 to 10 dollars for him.... for about 30 mins of work. Minus gas... EKKK Its still hard out there for a....."Uber Driver"

#51 ·
I was playing around with it in my way home, it's a totally new system where they send offers from the closest car. I kept raising it and quit getting pings when I set to 4.5 on X View attachment 483484 View attachment 483485 View attachment 483486 View attachment 483487
Probably lack of drivers on the road now ... once the ants in full force, it's going to take a while before the request bounce to the 2.0x

Let's say a driver set 2.0x and is available 2 minutes away from riders, and the other 3 or 4 base fare drivers are 5-10 minutes away, I wonder ihow many attempts it takes before the algo hit up the 2.0x driver

#53 ·
reading through this thread, the amount of people ignorant to what this is really about is ASTOUNDING.

Uber does not GAF about you. this feature will be gone come December, if not sooner.

merely a placeholder, as is your ability to see destinations. It’s all been smoke and mirrors to skate AB5.

if Prop 22 passes, all of these features will dissapear.

enjoy it while you can. and if you plan on driving next year, get your special lube warmed and ready. you ANT seen nothing yet 🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜

#54 ·
reading through this thread, the amount of people ignorant to what this is really about is ASTOUNDING.

Uber does not GAF about you. this feature will be gone come December, if not sooner.

merely a placeholder, as is your ability to see destinations. It's all been smoke and mirrors to skate AB5.

if Prop 22 passes, all of these features will dissapear.

enjoy it while you can. and if you plan on driving next year, get your special lube warmed and ready. you ANT seen nothing yet 🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜🐜
You obviously have no clue about uber ... it is ever changing. If you learn to adjust you win, if you are stuck in a mindset then you lose.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.