1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

The pax who didn't want to cancel, a sad story.

Discussion in 'Stories' started by d0n, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Uberislife

Uberislife Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    This is not a taxi racket you are right, it's an Uber racket now!

I_Like_Spam likes this.
  2. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

That's right, and Uber is based upon sharing, with both parties to the ride being invited to rate each other's performance.

Completely different, if the parties aren't compatible, that's cool. Either or both of them can decide to terminate the trip for any reason or no reason at all, for that matter.

3. Uberislife

Uberislife Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Thanks for the clarification, I can see clearly now.

4. UberChicago80

UberChicago80 Active Member

They recommend certain service levels which I gladly adhear to.

JoeyA likes this.
  5. JoeyA

JoeyA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Your response is more interesting than the original post. Very classy pal. I once learned that 'profanity is the effort of a feeble mind to express itself forcefully'. What do you get outta putting yourself out here like this? It's very unappealing.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    PowersAssociates likes this.

6. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

I'm sure they do, but there is no reason why a partner should take a trip with someone who he feels is disrespecting him.

In Uber, the partners are working for their ratings, and after the initial contact, the driver felt there was zero chance that picking up the guy would help his rating at all. He did the right thing.

7. Uberislife

Uberislife Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I get nothing out of it and neither will anyone else. Somethings are just there to linger and decompose , eventually becoming unnoticeable like the entitlement alot of uber drivers feel.

8. Ubergirlzz

Ubergirlzz Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Beautiful! Nice job.

Dannyboss likes this.
  9. Jesusdrivesuber

Jesusdrivesuber Well-Known Member

Oh no the attitude just triggered the revenge, I probably wasn't going to take him anyways (looking at the odds of where he was going).

10. Grahamcracker

Grahamcracker Well-Known Member

Care to share your secret?

11. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Actually studies show that intelligent people curse more...

http://www.businessinsider.de/intel...-stay-awake-longer-and-swear-more-2016-8?IR=T

and btw, for some reason, your post reminded me of the movie "Waterboy" "Mama says that alligators are ornery ‘cause they got all them teeth but no tooth brush." :p

JoeyA likes this.
  12. JoeyA

JoeyA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    U went thru all that trouble of finding that for me? Thank you. Now whats the meaning of a feeble mind?

13. jp300h

jp300h Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    "all that trouble" lol, It was literally under 10 seconds...

JoeyA likes this.
  14. Grahamcracker

15. brendon292

brendon292 Well-Known Member

Disagree. I don't let anybody disrespect me, especially not in my car.

If somebody said that to you, you'd still drive them?

If somebody said that to me, they'd be walking.

16. Grahamcracker

So, no exceptions? If you hit accept, you must complete it? Good luck with that buddy.

17. Greguzzi

Greguzzi Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    LOL. No. Not every driver wants the same type of ride. I might cherry-pick for short rides because I need many rides to make bonus, whereas another driver cherry-picks for longer rides because he or she doesn't care about bonuses, and yet another might object to going south because he needs to go north, etc. It's a myth that we would all cherry-pick for the same thing.

18. saucy05

saucy05 Well-Known Member

I was referring to Airport cherry pickers. Most if not all drivers waiting at airport ques are looking for long to medium trips.

19. Greguzzi

Greguzzi Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    That's not discernible from your post. But the truth is, some drivers want to go north from the airport, some south, some east, and some west. Not all drivers would cherry-pick for the same thing. Surely you are intelligent enough to see this?

20. JoeyA

JoeyA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I'm a different kind of animal. If someone said that to me I would just turn to them with a little smile and just ask them "so this is how you talk to people?" That could go one of two ways. If they said yes, or had the wrong response or tone, then I would say "but you can't talk to me that way, you need to cancel and get another Uber." I love being able to give people the option to hang themselves, and with the right rope, they often do. But asking that simple question, gives me more substance for my actions when they want to take it to the next level. I guess it could be called "setting them up", because you just do not talk to people like that and per Uber's TOS, rudeness is not allowed from a pax, or a driver, so we do not have to accept that, but cover your azz while not accepting it.