1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

The pax who didn't want to cancel, a sad story.

Discussion in 'Stories' started by d0n, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Liquid

Liquid Well-Known Member

Uber shills everywhere!

iUBERdc likes this.
  2. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

The Uber driver had good reason not to let the passenger in his car, the gentleman was disrespected.

3. Mattio41

Mattio41 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

JoeyA likes this.
  4. Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti Active Member

Driving:
    UberX

So lucky, I've been getting "moderated" for good jokes and had my posts deleted because they were "inappropriate". But you get to call the OP a scumbag...

Anyway, I dont know why you would get on with the job you accepted when you are being talked to like that. I could never drive someone who told me to do it snappy and to do my job. This isn't a high paying gig, its an extra source of income. They can go **** them selves if they think they can talk to most of us like that. You shouldn't put up with them for the sake a of a few bucks dude.

circle1 and iUBERdc like this.
  5. JoeyA

JoeyA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I don't know. There are two sides to every story. Something may have triggered the pax to react that way. I have not yet had a pax really talk to me like that for no reason at all. But then again, im pleasamt every step of the way. If you have a crotchety old man attitude when u first intereact with a pax, well, expect some kind of reaction to your behavior. But if there's truly a pax that acts like that with you, be the better person. Don't be spiteful, cause in the long run u just spite yourself. 30 minutes?? Whew, you gotta look into better time management, my friend. Ask yourself this... In the long run was it worth it? If you answer 'yes' your issues are a lot deeper than that pax and his response to you.

6. Marshall Mathers

Marshall Mathers Member

Well yes I agree on that but perhaps the pax was annoyed at the fact that he asked where he was going because regardless he already accepted the trip. If you want a trip going a specific way then you should use a destination trip.

ColdRider and JoeyA like this.
  7. Tommy Vercetti

Tommy Vercetti Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I get what you're saying, but your partnership with uber stems down to your rating, and passengers like that are the type that are never satisfied with peoples work, which will take a dive on your rating. You really think a passenger like that will give you a 5 star? Also, I dont agree with what you said about the issues running deeper, I just dont think I need to put up with someone like that for the sake of uber. This isn't a life changing experience its just making some extra bucks, and unlike you I would not sell my dignity for the sake of a few dollars. So if you're the type that would sell your soul for a few dollars then I think you have issues that run deeper.

Reversoul and anteetr like this.
  8. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

I used to drive a cab, and the first question I had for every passenger was "where you going buddy(ma'am)?"

If the passengers were ever annoyed by that, they never let me know.

9. Marshall Mathers

Marshall Mathers Member

*takes deep breath and tries not to kill himself over the stupidity of the person that thinks cabs and Ubers are the same thing* :)

PowersAssocitates likes this.
  10. JoeyA

JoeyA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Whoaaaa. Slow up cowboy. Sell my dignity? You clearly haven't read any of my previous posts. That's not nearly how i roll. If someone is out of line there's a way to get them in check politely, not being spiteful, cause it all comes back to you. Now this is part time for me. My job is down on wall street where ive been groomed on how to handle situations professionally and with a little class. Maybe thats a small difference we have between us. I can make an enemy a friend before the ride is over. That has nothing to do with my dignity. Its has to do with being polished and skilled, tactful when i need to be and not being bitter about things i cannot control. Im in control with this lil part time gig, and when im not, i will simply stop driving, not be spiteful to people trying to get a ride home from the airport. And don't misunderstand for even a second that i would definitely end a ride and put a pax out at a gas station, if i needed to. Trust me.
    Whoaaa lets relax now. :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    anteetr and Blackout 702 like this.
  11. Mattio41

Mattio41 Well-Known Member

So many things wrong with this story.....

I am assuming, you decided to call the passanger to ask him where he was going to decide whether or not you were going to follow through and pick him up... If it was a short ride, would you have canceled on him?? I can only assume, like many PAX out there, they have been canceled by drivers because their ride did not seem "Worthy Enough"... I have been told by many PAX now, they will not disclose where they are going anymore for that reason.

I will assume, the ride did not fit your criteria, so you insisted that the PAX cancel the ride in order to not take a hit to your cancellation rate.

So after riding around for 30 minutes and playing whose &%$@!* is larger, you chose to cancel with what I am assuming as a "Rider No Show" in order to collect "Your $5 bucks".... And you are saying that the pax is "Entitled" ???

With all due respect, but this is a chicken **** story... Don't want the ride, then cancel it. I don't begrudge you to do what is right for you. But this little stunt, I cannot agree with.

PowersAssocitates, Sub Guy and JoeyA like this.
  12. JoeyA

JoeyA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I am in total agreement. Tricks are for kids. Then he brags on here like he did the right thing and others support him. No pax deserves to be caught up in that game. The real deal would be cancel and go home. End of story.

Sub Guy and Mattio41 like this.
  13. JoeyA

JoeyA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Only a fool would to this.

14. Ray21

Ray21 Active Member

I just hate those coward drivers that they think Uber cares about a $#it..... Uber isn't deactivating drivers for small thing any more... They dont care about quality any more, just Quantity. More drivers, More profit for Uber.. He contact the rider to ask for destination, nothing wrong. Rider act like a pig so well deserve.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    anteetr and JTR like this.
  15. JoeyA

JoeyA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    So there's nothing wrong with leaving it active for 30 minutes? Wow!

16. Ray21

Ray21 Active Member

Ok... maybe that was to much..... but what ever.. Do you know how many bad and stupid things some riders do to drivers???
    So I guess now most driver are in the "Pay back mode".....

17. circle1

circle1 Well-Known Member

. . . Even after pax talking to you like subservient inferior??

Blackout 702 likes this.
  18. Blackout 702

Blackout 702 Well-Known Member

Work? Effort? He sat in his car for 30 minutes. If you think that's "effort," you're doing it wrong.

He had a little fun at the expense of a rude and entitled d-bag. That was obviously worth 30 minutes to him, and he got a ride, a tip, and a good story out of it.

anteetr and circle1 like this.
  19. JoeyA

JoeyA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I don't know, maybe i'm wrong after all, but I pride myself in doing the right thing, as often as I can. My energy is more positive, than negative. I even had a pax get in the car and say "wow, your energy is so positive, I needed that tonite". Yes, he tipped me. He actually got in the car in a bad mood, left in a good mood and "tipped me". Can you imagine such a thing!

I guess it's all about what you project and what defines you as a person, but I'm not looking to change who I am, or how I view each and every person for who they are. I'm not treating someone incorrectly because I think they may not tip, or give me less than 5 stars. That's just not how it's supposed to be. You guys provide a service. You choose to provide it., whether it's for .87 a mile or $4.00 a mile. Remember that, and never judge a book by it's cover. There's a homeless man somewhere out there that will give you half of his sandwich if he thinks you're hungry too. He may not dress the part, or speak the part, but his heart is in the right place. That's what more people have to learn, go with your heart. Be compassionate to others. Appreciate a homeless person's conversation as much as you would a politician's. Give respect and be respected.

anteetr, Sub Guy, ziliano and 2 others like this.
  20. Blackcab

Blackcab Active Member

Who says make it snappy. That's circa 1930. You've been watching to many old movies