1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

The pax who didn't want to cancel, a sad story.

Discussion in 'Stories' started by d0n, Dec 17, 2016.

1. d0n

d0n Well-Known Member

Any good fisherman knows that pax must comply with the driver's suggestion before it's too late, well this is what happens when you think your penis is larger than the driver's.

As I scoped the last flight for the day on my phone and decided to hit the airport, I entered the queue and decided to get a trip going home, it so happens I get one of these self entitled pax that after being asked for their destination decided to tell me "home and make it snappy, do your job" that is all it took for that poor sob to meet the longest wait in his life.

As the pax cursed and refused to cancel, I told him I was going home then the 30 minute wait ensued, who would cave in first? the guy with the car or the guy trying to show he had "the power", after I was completely sure that all uber drivers were gone from the airport, I decided to cruise the airport to see if there were any cabs left and as predicted, they were all gone.

As I passed by the circle I scoped a single person waiting sitting on a bench in one corner and another on the other corner, as I exited the airport, I decided to get my 5 bucks before I left so I cancelled and whatddaya know? I get another request, it seems the other guy was also trying to catch an uber and as I accepted the request the other guy said he had been waiting for over 40 mins to get a ride by uber I told him I was going the opposite way and that I was going home, the guy said - I will make it worth your while - and so he did, I took him to his destination and he tipped me 20 bucks as for that poor self entitled pax, I hope he enjoyed waiting for his 40 min away cab to pick him up since all uber drivers were gone already.

Tell me that you aren't going to cancel again.

BOScusdriver, PhilK, CherylC and 26 others like this.
  2. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston Well-Known Member

That's a lot of effort and work. Would it have been easier just to cancel yourself and tell him to leave the car?

Graham_DC and tohunt4me like this.
  3. RamzFanz

RamzFanz Well-Known Member

I think they talked on the phone and he never picked him up. Hard to tell.

Reversoul, JTR, LadyDi and 2 others like this.
  4. uberDenton

uberDenton Active Member

Sounds like he never made it into the car, whether he talked to him on the phone or at the window.

"Make it snappy, do your job"

Yeah, go f$!& yourself, buddy.

5. d0n

d0n Well-Known Member

Guys, I don't kick people out of my car, I use a phone for it.

6. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    You waited 30 minutes for someone to cancel? Now thats dedication right there....

Since you dont actually know who the pax is or if he was alone, theres a better chance his friend ordered an uber and he was already home laughing at the fact that you havent cancelled that request yet.

Not sure what you think you accomplished besides waste 25 minutes of your life.

7. MSUGrad9902

MSUGrad9902 Well-Known Member

That's a lot of effort to spite someone for making a dumb comment.

CherylC, Graham_DC and LadyDi like this.
  8. Red Leader

Red Leader Well-Known Member

Stink palm him next time.

Small price to pay for smiling ones enemy's.

Reversoul, Blackout 702 and tohunt4me like this.
  9. Steven Ambrose

Steven Ambrose Well-Known Member

Seriously, it is like these people test us to see if we will be ethical or not.

flipmoney and JTR like this.
  10. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

"PRINCIPLE"

Lantawood, Lbd2323, Reversoul and 2 others like this.
  11. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

The comment was merely a symptom of the pax mental condition. That he has rule over subcontractors.

Lantawood, flipmoney and circle1 like this.
  12. Oscar Levant

Oscar Levant Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm not that confrontational, if a pax I want to cancel won't, I'll cancel for him and just forget about it and move on.

I don't believe it's right to ask for a destination, cherry picking is wrong. But Uber now allows you to filter two runs per shift, but those runs might only be a couple of miles in your direction, no where near where you want to go, but sometimes you can get lucky.

circle1 likes this.
  13. Jason Arroyo

Jason Arroyo Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You win the award for most amount of your time wasted to try and prove a point.
    You are no different than your petty rider.
    Both of you are foolish and deserve the 1 star rating each gave.

BbKtKeanu and ColdRider like this.
  14. Marshall Mathers

Marshall Mathers Active Member

As an uber driver i think what you did is ******y. Once you accept the trip you should commit to it. Scumbag.

15. Ghwwe72

Ghwwe72 Well-Known Member

Easy way to get deactivated. If you don't cancel the ride and leave it active for 30 minutes and are driving without the passenger in the car, all it takes is some screen shots and the passenger complaining to Uber. Uber will side with the passenger.

Grahamcracker and circle1 like this.
  16. d0nnyboy

d0nnyboy New Member

Rofl, who accepted what?

Meh I'm still here, that must mean something...

Time to become pro.

17. Ghwwe72

Ghwwe72 Well-Known Member

You lucked out this time believe some passengers will take the time and Uber always sides with the passenger not worth the risk unless you don't care about driving.

Grahamcracker and circle1 like this.
  18. d0nnyboy

d0nnyboy New Member

Oh I get 6 or 7 on a daily basis threatening to report me, when uber cuts me loose for it, I collect unemployment.

flipmoney and Grahamcracker like this.
  19. d0nnyboy

d0nnyboy New Member

It was all worth it.

Potato/potatoe

Lol, wut?

20. JoeyA

JoeyA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    6 or 7 a day? You must be a pretty nasty fella.