1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

The Only Uber Approved insurance company.

Discussion in 'Melbourne' started by Danny Driveshare, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Danny Driveshare

Danny Driveshare

Driving:
    UberX
    Elders insurance in Adelaide are insuring Uber driver with Full comprehensive insurance. They actually cover you in an accident whilst carrying paid customers.

Call ELDERS and ask for Andrew. Tell him Jo from MMBB sent you.

2. Spiroo

Spiroo

Driving:
    UberX
    Could you post a number or provide more information?? .... a Google search throws up 3 offices, no Andrew listed (as an agent that is) .... and their website seems void of any contact number

3. I got three quotes back today that were requested by PP employees.

I read through the policy document, then sent this email to Andrew (Elders).

Although he hasn't had a chance to reply yet, these polices were requested by Uber drivers for 'hire and reward'. The fact that the policy excludes this activity, doesn't reflect well on Elders.

4. Spiroo

Spiroo

Driving:
    UberX
    I think that this is more concerning for uberers out there, (the agreement is littered with issues for drivers and more so for Uber who is in breach of its own agreement based on below)

Insurance Vehicle Insurance
    As an express condition of doing business with the Company, and at your sole expense, you agree to maintain current during the life of this Agreement, third party auto
    insurance of the types and amounts specified herein for every vehicle used to perform services under this Agreement. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility,
    prior to your commencement of the P2P transportation service, to:

A) inform your insurer of the P2P transportation service you provide; and B) ensure that your insurance policy provides coverage for the P2P transportation service you provide. If you have any questions or concerns about the scope or applicability of your insurance coverage, it is your responsibility, not the Company’s, to resolve them. You acknowledge that failure to secure or maintain satisfactory insurance coverage shall be deemed a material breach of this Agreement and shall result in the immediate suspension of the Agreement and the loss of your right to receive Requests under this Agreement...

i. Coverage Specifications
    To perform services under this Agreement, you must maintain automobile insurance with coverage of at least the minimum coverage required by national, state or local law.

ii. Notification of Coverage
    You agree to provide proof of such insurance coverage by delivering to the Company, before your equipment performs services under this Agreement, current certificates of insurance. To ensure public safety, you further agree to provide updated certificates each time you purchase, renew or alter your insurance coverage. Furthermore, you must provide the Company with written notice at least thirty (30) days prior to cancellation of any insurance policy required by the Company. The Company shall have no right to control your selection or maintenance of your policy.

Damage or Injury Claims
    You shall be liable to the Client for all claims of damage and/or injury to any Client sustained while being transported by you
    . You agree to notify the Company of any damage or injury as soon as practicable after the damage or injury occurs. You understand that insurance may or may not provide coverage for damage or injury, or it may provide coverage for some, but not all, damage or injury. You agree to fully cooperate with the Client and/or the Company to resolve injury or damage claims as quickly as possible. You agree that, in the event the Company is held liable for any injury or damage to any Client caused by you, the Company shall have the right to recover such amount from you. Similarly, should the Company voluntarily elect to pay any amount owed to a Client for damage or injury to a Client caused by you or for which you are responsible and/or liable, the Company shall have the same right as the Client to recover from you (i.e., the Company stands in the shoes of the Client). Unless resolved informally or in small claims court, all damage or injury claims between the Company and you (including claims where the Company “stands in the shoes of” another) shall be resolved pursuant to the Arbitration Provision set forth below.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
    UberPlates likes this.
  5. Spiroo

Spiroo

Driving:
    UberX
    It will be interesting to see his reply. I have had a conversation with Andrew and this was raised, his response did not fill me with confidence in the event of a claim..

6. Did he adopt the Uber line, 'don't worry about that, we've got your back?'

7. Spiroo

Spiroo

Driving:
    UberX
    that sounds like, "don't worry you'll be putting the claim through me", x2

8. Sydney Uber

Sydney Uber

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    How many times must it be said. Insurance companies WANT UBERX drivers to sign up!

Rideshare IS legal so you are covered if doing genuine Rideshare.

But UBERX is NOT LEGAL anywhere in Australia.

They will happily take your premiums for years, happy to cover you doing true Rideshare. But they will DENY all claims if you disclose that you are part of UBERX.

9. Mike T

Mike T

In Arizona only (So far), we have the only insurance available for TNC drivers that covers all 3 Phases of Rideshare Driving. Today is the first day that it is available. Call for a free, fast quote- 602-254-3208 or email me at mike@tdinsuranceaz.com.
    Other states will come on line soon and I'll keep you informed about those dates.

10. Hey Mike TMike T , this is Melbourne, Victoria thread, not Melbourne Florida but thanks for the update :)