1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

The newbie cracked the code

Discussion in 'Advice' started by bernie82, Sep 12, 2015.

1. bernie82

bernie82

I was going nuts waiting for that stupid Uber APP to acknowledge that I picked up and dropped off my customer. Suddenly I had an epiphany and it works. I'll pass it along to all the newbies out there like me and maybe it will help some old timers as well.
    When I pick up my customer I don't sit there and wait for the APP to present the the Icon on the bottom of the screen that gets the trip started. I jump back to my home screen and hit the Uberpartners Icon and "Bingo", there's the "Picked up customer" icon smiling at me at the bottom of the screen.
    Now when I drop off the customer, you guessed it. Same ole, same ole. 2 seconds and your done!
    I hope I helped someone. You folks sure helped me.

2. LAuberX

LAuberX Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    I have no idea what you are saying... post screen shots.

android or ios?

Bart McCoy and KGB7 like this.
  3. Red

Red

Driving:
    UberX
    It sounds like your device is sluggish. Time for an upgrade?

That Uber Driver likes this.
  4. bernie82

bernie82

When I pick up or drop off a passenger I have to wait about two or three minutes for the Picked up customer"Icon to appear at the bottom of the screen so I can slide it to the right and then start the GPS. Same problem when I drop off a customer. I have to wait for the completed trip icon to appear so I can slide it which tells the APP the trip was completed. I tried to download a newer version of the APP from Google Play but I get the message, "APP already installed" so I guess I have the latest version. If you guys don't have to wait for the APP to show the icons at the bottom of the page, just disregard this post. I guess I'm the only one that has to wait for the icon to appear.

JeffP64FL likes this.
  5. elelegido

elelegido

Icon ≠ button.

He means then buttons you slide to start and end the trip do not appear, so he goes to the home screen and then back to the app and they appear.

6. You might need more space on your phones hard drive. Free up some space by deleting old apps you don't use.

7. bernie82

bernie82

There's plenty of space on my phones hard drive. So what I'm getting people from people who responded to me is when you pick up your passenger, the passenger icon comes on automatically at the bottom of your screen in about a minute or less. When you drop off your passenger the drop off icon come up very quickly too. Like you pull up in front of a customers house and park and bam, up pops the pic up passenger icon. When you drop off your passenger, the APP knows you reached your destination and bam, up pops the drop off icon. My app doesn't do that.
    So I learned that if I go back to my home screen and hit the Uber Partner icon the pick up and drop off icons are at the bottom of the screen waiting for me to slide them from left to right.

8. Renaldow

Renaldow

Driving:
    UberX
    You may want to remove and reinstall your app.

PhoenicianBlind likes this.
  9. bernie82

bernie82

Removing the APP and installing it can't hurt and might help. I don't have a problem anymore. I simply jump into my home screen, hit the Uber partner icon and I'm good to go. If removing and re installing can do that, it's worth a try. How long do you have to wait for the pickup and drop off icons to appear on the bottom of your screen after you pickup and drop off customers?

10. KGB7

KGB7

Driving:
    UberX
    I have no idea what you talking about.

Picked up customer icon??

11. DavisUberX

DavisUberX

Driving:
    UberX
    Try sliding the passenger name up from the bottom

12. Are you using an Android phone or a Fisher-Price phone?

Disgusted Driver, xciceroguy and KGB7 like this.
  13. Bart McCoy

Bart McCoy

Driving:
    UberX
    This is not advice for newbies, your app is just malfunctioning

Michael - Cleveland likes this.
  14. Nick3946

Nick3946

It's a memory issue. You have too many apps installed. Most apps run services in the background that use up memory. Review installed apps and remove ones that you don't use.

Michael - Cleveland likes this.
  15. volksie

volksie

You sound smart enough. Is it just a case of impatience? If it doesn't notify the rider that you arrived, you can do everything manually.
    Stop one block from the pick up address (text them that your 2 minutes away) and poke around on the screen. You're missing a step on the bottom of the screen, I think.

16. madUber74

madUber74

Driving:
    UberX
    If your "begin trip" and "end trip" slider bars aren't showing up nearly instantaneously (and on their own) then there's something going on with your phone that isn't normal. Especially if the lag is 2 or 3 minutes. As another mentioned, you've probably got too many apps running in background.

I'm running the driver app on a Samsung Galaxy S4 and every couple of hours have to go in and manually clear the memory or the phone gets bogged down.

wethepeople likes this.
  17. Realityshark

Realityshark

Yesterday I noticed a new screen pop up after I finished a minimum fare ride. After I completed the ride and rated the passenger a new screen popped up and said:

"You just worked for free. Thanks for making Uber rich while making yourself poor. You're a valued idiot. Uber On." Then the screen changed to one that read:

"If you have any friends as stupid as you, please ask them to become Uber drivers."

My phone then switched back to driver mode, but it had a banner at the bottom that read, "You are a dumbass."

volksie likes this.
  18. Rider

Rider

LOL now that is the right answer.

19. JimS

JimS

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    To the OP - It sounds like you're still in nav mode when you get to your pax and when you drop them off. Do you not click on the blue chevrons on the left hand side of the app when you get to your destinations?