• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

The New Year’s Eve SuperThread

Ashoor

so I started driving for Uber in March 2017 so I have only been through one New Year’s Eve and I was with family and didn’t drive.

This year, I will still be with family but I may be free to work from 12:30 to 2:30.

While I know it will be a busy night, my question is about TTC subway being free and how that impacts Uber?

P.S If there is an existing thread for NYE, please merge this with it.

Vavvav

How bad is traffic NYE in Toronto? What is the expected surge tonight and earnings for 8 hours 12 hours, etc?

Myxx

How bad is traffic NYE in Toronto? What is the expected surge tonight and earnings for 8 hours 12 hours, etc?
Traffic will be bad as the DT core will be full of delusional Uber/Lyft drivers who think that they will make lots of money with the guaranteed boost that kicks in @ 10pm . Have fun everyone. "Hope you know the route from 14 York St to King and Portland"

Traffic will be bad as the DT core will be full of delusional Uber/Lyft drivers who think that they will make lots of money with the guaranteed boost that kicks in @ 10pm . Have fun everyone. "Hope you know the route from 14 York St to King and Portland"
Lol I agree completely
They instituted guaranteed higher rates to keep fares lower
This week has been the worst I have seen in 3.5 years

Chaisomosa

Uber army will be out on roads with full force... so surge is far thing, you will be lucky if you get consistent pings.

Karl Marx

Lol I agree completely
They instituted guaranteed higher rates to keep fares lower
This week has been the worst I have seen in 3.5 years
Of course it is all about over saturation and applied labour theory via machine learning. Basically AI is now fine tuning logistics and psychographics. Slave to AI is a societal discussion that hasn't really started.

Of course it is all about over saturation and applied labour theory via machine learning. Basically AI is now fine tuning logistics and psychographics. Slave to AI is a societal discussion that hasn't really started.
And Karl what are we going to do about it?
Are you willing to hit the streets?
Take a few baton whacks?

Myxx

For those that don’t know, the answer is Gardiner. However, experienced drivers will take 401 with 2.6+ surge.
LOL.. Ironically most newbies do make a right turn at the first intersection and end up going to Jameson :smiles:

Athos

The thing about NYE is that you can work until 6am and beyond. That's hard-core.

Freezing rain north of Brampton tonight.

Karl Marx

And Karl what are we going to do about it?
Are you willing to hit the streets?
Take a few baton whacks?
Going to hit the books and do some long awaited research, time I never had until now. Spent my time on the streets and yes its' important but what happens after is even more so. We are changing so fast now we have to study the present.