1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

"The New Uber App Is Coming" - Uber/11.2.16

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by Michael - Cleveland, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
  2. Mazda3

Mazda3 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm sure it'll be a good thing for the drivers. Lol

3. Uber_nomad

Uber_nomad Member

Upon initial review and still framing the video it looks like the app will auto coordinate the pickup location (so no more wrong location pickups) and all one has todo as a Rider is enter the destination then they can see a vehicle and a price. (obviously they removed the surge notification as planned and riders will now accept a dollar amount instead.) additionally it looks like the rider will be able to remotely control the pandora app on the drivers phone via the rider app, if you signed up for that. Also it looks like the pickup will include details from the rider like the name of the restaurant/etc.

4. divo183

divo183 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    The new Uber rider app is already here! Only for ios though. I upgraded my work droid and it looks the same. IMG_6837.PNG

5. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I see this (see screenshots). Don't these new features look like a good way to confuse pickups even more? How many drunk pax will know where to walk or want to, and putting an extra degree of separation? Both are just asking for issues.

Screenshot_2016-11-02-20-04-33.png Screenshot_2016-11-02-20-05-22.png

6. Uber_nomad

Uber_nomad Member

Have you received any riders using this version of app and have any feedback and or pros or cons on it?

7. divo183

Driving:
    UberX
    Sorry, no I don't. I Haven't heard anything from riders about the new app either..

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  8. divo183

Driving:
    UberX
    I noticed that if you don't fanagle the app you'll be under the impression that you can't change your "current location" or that you can't input an address, which you can. I foresee a lot of rider no show cancelations. ;-)