• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

The New Surge was the Final Straw For me

"If you don't like it, find another job..."

Well, I DID.

The New Surge has killed the Uber driver experience for me.

I confirmed how much the New Surge SCREWS DRIVERS, last night. Here's how it works:

From my house to the Airport is a $ 50 Uber X ride.

Last night, I popped onto the Uber Driver App and noticed there was a $5.75 surge in my area.

So then I switched to the Uber Passenger App, and checked how much it would cost me as a rider for the same Airport trip.

The Price was $ 113 dollars!!!

That means, Even if the Drivers were getting $ 50 of the normal fare, (which they aren't)

Plus the 5.75 surge, That would leave the driver making $55.75.

Meaning Uber is making $ 57.25!!!!

That is CRAZY!!!

Uber is making more than the drivers on long surges!

They're also making more money than drivers on short surges too because they get a piece of every Ant's fare!

I'm on strike for now, I have been for over a month.

If they bring back the old surge, I'll consider driving for them again.

As of right now, it's no longer worth it.

ANT 7

We still have the "old" surge multiplier in our market. Not that it matter though because you are lucky to get one surge trip every 3 -4 days......LOL !!

FLKeys

I here this complaint about the new surge screwing the driver all the time, the $5.75 is a minimum surge that is paid if you get a trip after the surge is over just for being there and available. If you get a ride while the surge is in effect you get paid more than the sticky amount.

I have not seen a driver post where a passenger paid a surge premium and the driver only got the sticky amount. I have seen many posts where they got more than the sticky amount because the PAX paid a surge rate. You can look at the rider screen and see what the rate is but until you accept a trip and complete it you can't assume you are only going to get the sticky amount.
Post automatically merged:

Juggalo9er

I here this complaint about the new surge screwing the driver all the time, the $5.75 is a minimum surge that is paid if you get a trip after the surge is over just for being there and available. If you get a ride while the surge is in effect you get paid more than the sticky amount.

I have not seen a driver post where a passenger paid a surge premium and the driver only got the sticky amount. I have seen many posts where they got more than the sticky amount because the PAX paid a surge rate. You can look at the rider screen and see what the rate is but until you accept a trip and complete it you can't assume you are only going to get the sticky amount.
Post automatically merged:
Screenshot_20190416-134138.jpg

There's one...I have several

Ubergaldrivet

Well, I DID.

I confirmed how much the New Surge SCREWS DRIVERS, last night. Here's how it works:

Last night, I popped onto the Uber Driver App and noticed there was a $5.75 surge in my area.

So then I switched to the Uber Passenger App, and checked how much it would cost me as a rider for the same Airport trip.

That means, Even if the Drivers were getting $ 50 of the normal fare, (which they aren't)

That is CRAZY!!!

They're also making more money than drivers on short surges too because they get a piece of every Ant's fare!

Most of us agree, hence why most of the experienced drivers have pulled the plug on Uber. I tried for a quick ride home on Friday, checking the two apps, Uber was triple what lyft was on the riders app, no surge on the drivers app? Really, I guess it’s just a glitch, right Fubar? Once fubar gets the Glitches fixed, hahaha some drivers might come back. NOT!!

Juggalo9er

Where is the screen shot of what the passenger paid? That is what I want to see, how do we know the passenger paid a surge price on that trip? I can post many examples like that where Uber ended up taking a loss or made less than 15% on the trip because I got paid the sticky and the PAX paid the regular price.
Screenshot_20190416-152849.jpg

btone31

Based on this screen shot the PAX did not pay a surge and you still got the $3.75 sticky surge. Instead of Uber taking 34% which I find about average these days they only took 16%. This does not support the Uber is stealing the surge money or cheating the driver out of surge money.
Do more research rather than believing the Uber shills who will say everything's good.

25rides7daysaweek

Well, I DID.

That is CRAZY!!!

depending on the length of time of that ride you may or may not get 2-3 times that surge amount. You'll need to take a ride in order to figure that out and it can change too. It sucks but that's the way it is....

Ssgcraig

Where is the screen shot of what the passenger paid? That is what I want to see, how do we know the passenger paid a surge price on that trip? I can post many examples like that where Uber ended up taking a loss or made less than 15% on the trip because I got paid the sticky and the PAX paid the regular price.
I have been getting a lot of negative amounts of what Uber gets lately.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Uber4Mani Advice 4
U San Francisco 4
Coachman Advice 15