• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

The New Surge Model has Arrived in New Orleans

Cdub2k

This is not a good thing! At least that's what I've read from other drivers in other cities/markets.
This new model should effectively stop drivers from chasing a surge or logging in just because it's surging somewhere.

Kodi Mahto

Man Uber blows... During Mardi Gras they're charging clients 70 to $90... And I'm getting 26 bucks... Get yourself some business cards and talk to your clients about cash deals...

jeanocelot

Man Uber blows... During Mardi Gras they're charging clients 70 to $90... And I'm getting 26 bucks... Get yourself some business cards and talk to your clients about cash deals...
That's because they figure that on Mardi Gras Day, the marginal cost of utility as determined by the customer is far in excess of the marginal cost of supply by the Uber drivers.

Kodi Mahto

So you justify their greed... I'm going to design my own rideshare app as a cooperative... Where we lower the price for the customer and increase the monies received for the drivers...the overhead cost beyond software development shouldn't be more than 15 to 20%...that's how a business model should we don't run...they're not doing it for the service to the customer or to help their agents make money... they're making it doing it for greed... Plain and simple over runs a profit model not on service model... The companies that will succeed in the future will put their customers first not themselves...
Post automatically merged:

Anybody who wants to support my idea of a rideshare cooperative... And has any ideas for a business model I would be open to sharing ideas even developing a business as a cooperative... Kind of a grassroots operation to meet our needs as well as our clients.

dryverjohn

Fellow Uber Driver here, need ride from airport to hotel on 3/30 probably around 6:30pm and then ride from hotel to cruise port on 3/31, ride back from cruise ship to aiport on the 7th in the morning. If someone can take cash app and F Uber, let me know. Probably also need ride from hotel to French quarter and back on Friday night. Have not booked a hotel yet, any recommendation is appreciated. Uber budget, so French Quarter is out.