• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

The New Service Requirements to Drive Lyft or Uber as Employee?

Uberscum

Floridian
Despite the topography, I am a staunch Democrat. I know, I know, I'm in a state where most of the citizens are Republican. Although some of the variables are changing now. This is how we got the blue wave in the midterm elections ....this is how we will defeat the orange faced dictator...

It took a midterm Blue Wave change to ealize that most Americans do realize what is really going on.

IthurstwhenIP

Despite the topography, I am a staunch Democrat. I know, I know, I'm in a state where most of the citizens are Republican. Although some of the variables are changing now. This is how we got the blue wave in the midterm elections ....this is how we will defeat the orange faced dictator...

It took a midterm Blue Wave change to ealize that most Americans do realize what is really going on.
Rare

Slim Shady

That’s what I mean. They won’t allow everyone to just go to the lucrative times and places and ignore the undesirable areas. It will be mandated you go to where is needed rather then where you want to go. Waiting at the LAX queue but someone needs a pool ride from the rental car area, guess what you gotta take it. Staged at the forum but a hipster living in South LA 10 min away needs a ride to 7/11, gotta take it. I could go on about all the undesirable rides that surround the hotspots.
Those type of restrictions would put off many drivers like you and me. You guys are turning this into minimum wage shuttle driving.

If Uber/Lyft starts acting like that, more than half of the drivers will quit in a week and both rideshare companies will bankrupt.

Yes I know they’re eager to make more money but they’re not stupid enough to kill what they have. $45 million salary cushy jobs don’t grow on trees.

Amsoil Uber Connect

Seems to me that there are two camps.

Being an employee they have total control over your actions. Most likely your not going to get more than 30+ hrs a week.
And if you get over 40 then overtime labor laws kick in and so does time and a half pay. Perhaps that maybe only for Diamond employees ?

As for IC, well we already know.

So who will be the ones to get paid-off so U/L get there way ? By creating the loop hole it needs ?

So something will actually change on New Years Day.