The new "one and done" destination filter

ibeam23

Earlier this evening I was maybe 20 miles from home and figured I'd use my last filter. I set it to my town and waited for a ping. About 15 minutes later I got a ping and accepted. Once I had the pax in the car I saw that his destination was only going to get me 5 miles closer to home so I figured I'd drop off, find a place to park and wait some more. I dropped off my pax and once I completed the trip the app said that my destination filter had expired. WTF? It didn't get me that much closer to my destination and a whole maybe 25 minutes from the time I set the filter it had expired. We went from six to two and now it appears to me that your filters only last for ONE RIDE regardless of how much closer it gets you to your destination. This is effed up.

Imagine you want to catch a ride to EWR and you live 45 miles away. You get your first ping and it takes you 2 miles closer to the airport. If I'm correct, you just lost one of your two daily filters.

Anyone else having filter issues?

pvtandrewmalone

Anyone notice they secretly rolled back the mileage on the DFs? Back to 60 miles like before. No more going to AC and setting New York DFs.

Cane

I used my DF today and set it for Newark Airport. It sent me a ride nowhere near it and about 2 miles and then I got another pickup also a minimum and nowhere near the airport and poof it expired.

It’s funny how Travis caught all the heat but it seems like he never left. What I find insulting is that they put up a huge front with this 180 Days of Change and spit in our faces with these BS Pool “improvements.”

TheNJBen

So we make DF better ... doesn't work out (in their mind I mean heavens if a pax has to wait 5 minutes for a car), then makes it worse than ever

jerseycrooner

Earlier this evening I was maybe 20 miles from home and figured I'd use my last filter. I set it to my town and waited for a ping. About 15 minutes later I got a ping and accepted. Once I had the pax in the car I saw that his destination was only going to get me 5 miles closer to home so I figured I'd drop off, find a place to park and wait some more. I dropped off my pax and once I completed the trip the app said that my destination filter had expired. WTF? It didn't get me that much closer to my destination and a whole maybe 25 minutes from the time I set the filter it had expired. We went from six to two and now it appears to me that your filters only last for ONE RIDE regardless of how much closer it gets you to your destination. This is effed up.

Imagine you want to catch a ride to EWR and you live 45 miles away. You get your first ping and it takes you 2 miles closer to the airport. If I'm correct, you just lost one of your two daily filters.

Anyone else having filter issues?
Just happened to me too! Just now dropped at Newark Penn Station then turned on DF to Morris Plains. Soon got ride to Irvington on DF. DF expired after I dropped in Irvington. This is going to be trouble. Looks like Uber wants mindless drone drivers taking every ride!

LEO2112

Just happened to me too! Just now dropped at Newark Penn Station then turned on DF to Morris Plains. Soon got ride to Irvington on DF. DF expired after I dropped in Irvington. This is going to be trouble. Looks like Uber wants mindless drone drivers taking every ride!

This has happened to me so many times. Dropped off at NWK Penn and set DF to Morristown and....VOILA!

Irvington/East Orange.

No more. :mad:

pvtandrewmalone

So I guess they don't want people fishing for long trips. Uber only wants us to work THEIR way.

Here is my rant for the day...

"Their" way means take any ride whether it's going 4 blocks or 100 miles. Thank them for the long trips without a care in the world about how you will get back home (which is why, in their minds, DF is not needed at airport queue). "Their" way means take a short route even when the passengers get charged for a long route. "Their" way is take any ride and don't worry about surge or whether they're charging the passengers twice and paying you once with POOL... Here is an extra $0.65 now shut up and don't worry about how we just replaced 6 good DFs that actually worked with 2 that now only get you a single $4 ride each. Also, don't worry if they surge the passenger but don't pass it on to the driver.

If every driver drove in the manner that I do, they'd be forced to raise rates, loosen up the surge algorithm, and/or give up on that upfront scam.

Unfortunately, there is still an endless supply of new, uneducated ants who think they "have to" blindly take every ping and then go the short route. You know the ones...the ones that take .93 pings on the west side of the Parkway 15 minutes before a concert ends at PNC.

They don't care if we have to take on massive amounts of dead miles. They don't care if we lose money after expenses aka less than .54/mile including dead miles. 180 Days of bullshit.

Last edited:

ibeam23

IMG_6213.jpg