The National Anthem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pig Pen

I need to get this off my chest. Agree or disagree with me, it's ok. We all have an opinion, but really getting tired of the media twisting news because they have a personal vendetta against the president. I know this isn't ride share related but I've seen other political discussions on the board and in order to better understand current political topics it's best to open the discussion to the people instead of the bias of media and government.

Let me start by saying, The National Anthem has nothing to do with Trump.

What would happen if a NASCAR driver didn't stand for the national anthem before a race? How fast do you think their sponsors would pull funding? Do you think they'd be racing the next week?

Just some food for thought.

But, I do think more respect for veterans is in order. When you take a knee, it's not a show of disagreeing with the American Government. You are disrespecting all the American Men and Women who have served this country, as well as many that have given their lives to give these ignorant people their freedoms.

Honestly, the NFL can go @@@@ themselves.

To all the service men and women that have given their time and lives for the United States of America, Thank You for your service.

When you protest the national anthem, you're not protesting the government, you're protesting you're fellow Americans.

Put some thought behind what you want to protest and how it affects the people in your community.

Your actions speaks volumes of your ignorance. Trump didn't write the national anthem, dumb asses.

joetheuberdriver

I need to get this off my chest. Agree or disagree with me, it's ok. We all have an opinion, but really getting tired of the media twisting news because they have a personal vendetta against the president. I know this isn't ride share related but I've seen other political discussions on the board and in order to better understand current political topics it's best to open the discussion to the people instead of the bias of media and government.

What would happen if a NASCAR driver didn't stand for the national anthem before a race? How fast do you think their sponsors would pull funding? Do you think they'd be racing the next week?

But, I do think more respect for veterans is in order. When you take a knee, it's not a show of disagreeing with the American Government. You are disrespecting all the American Men and Women who have served this country, as well as many that have given their lives to give these ignorant people their freedoms.

Honestly, the NFL can go &%[email protected]!* themselves.

To all the service men and women that have given their time and lives for the United States of America, Thank You for your service.

When you protest the national anthem, you're not protesting the government, you're protesting you're fellow Americans.

Put some thought behind what you want to protest and how it affects the people in your community.

Your actions speaks volumes of your ignorance. Trump didn't write the national anthem, dumb asses.
C"mon men. These players got no brains. I'm starting my boycott this week. White men should show that we don't have to tolerate this black people playing victims. There are white,black, brown been killed by cops but 99% of the time they deserve it. If somebody thinks that cops should just stay there and take bullets.noooo. they need to go home to theirfmilies too. So these millionaires with a brain size of a chicken cn go @@@@ themselves. They don't like how they been treated(making millions of dollars) they cn go to Timbuktu and protest there. Btw nfl go @@@@ yourself.

adrep1984

Americans have became the biggest bunch of perpetually offended babies imaginable. This place and the people are turning into one big turd. Didn’t know how good I had it in Toronto. Everyday I’m here I think about going back.

When I was working in Canada a few months ago it was a Huge breath of fresh air the people are just enjoying life without a care in the world.

Last edited:

20yearsdriving

Mmmm

I don't think Patriotism is Wrong at all

Problem is some use it like Religion
We must blindly believe humans that are just as defective as we are

They sail with the Flag or Crucifix and we must pretend the are Holy
And not dare Question

I know some real Scumbags who hide behind Patriotism and Religion

Think of it it's a Close Cousin to Sharia Law

Just Another Uber Drive

Honestly, the NFL can go &%[email protected]!* themselves.

Very well said, sir.

Everybody has the right to express their grievances in whatever peaceful manner they choose, but that doesn't mean it's not distasteful. It's like flag burning. People burn the flag and I defend that right. But it is a gesture against your fellow citizens and not the government. But I support everybody's right to peacefully protest... even if it is stupid.

If in 20 years they are saying "Please take a knee for the National Anthem" we will remember when it started - and laugh.

adrep1984

Mmmm

I don't think Patriotism is Wrong at all

Problem is some use it like Religion
We must blindly believe humans that are just as defective as we are

They sail with the Flag or Crucifix and we must pretend the are Holy
And not dare Question

I know some real Scumbags who hide behind Patriotism and Religion

Think of it it's a Close Cousin to Sharia Law

Only thing is patriotism is a real thing. Religion is complete non sense I don’t know how anyone can actually think any religion is factual.

RunWithScissors

its the "american" flag

its the "national" anthem

its not some random team banner or theme song, there's rich history and lives given involved

you're an american and citizen of one nation under the almighty, there's no more draft now, the least you can contribute is respect it and be thankful of others' sacrifice, both past and present, for your american way of life

20yearsdriving

its the "american" flag

its not some random team banner or theme song, there's rich history and lives given involved

you're an american and citizen of one nation under the almighty, there's no more draft now, the least you can contribute is respect it and be thankful of others' sacrifice, both past and present, for your american way of life

Till Someone Calls you a SOB
Gloves off
Tribal war it is

adrep1984

its the "american" flag

I’m pretty sure if you ask any of these players if they appreciate what veterans have sacrificed they will all say yes.

LA Dispatcher

President who has no respect for the constitution calling grown men SOB's. The US military is the biggest social welfare program on planet earth. Bunch of delicate flowers if you ever dare to criticize. I find it ironic given all the past rhetoric. National anthem shouldn't be about that and who gives a shit about collectively feeling good listening to a song. Give me my constitutional rights, I'll skip the jingoism.

Last edited:

Kodyhead

its the "american" flag

I get it, i just can go without it in sports, outside the Superbowl the networks edit it out anyway if they thought it was that important to show, i would think they would broadcast it before every game, just sayin

Kodyhead

I don't care either way but the whole point of a protest is to get people fired up and talking about it, mission accomplished imagine if a bunch of uber drivers knelt while driving.

The funny thing is the more people are against the kneeling, the bigger it is becoming lol

The networks editing it out is a problem in its own. Censorship of a peaceful protest is not cool.
The edited out before the protest is my point the vast majority of people did not care about the national anthem before kapernick knelt was my point

adrep1984

I don't care either way but the whole point of a protest is to get people fired up and talking about it, mission accomplished imagine if a bunch of uber drivers knelt while driving.

The funny thing is the more people are against the kneeling, the bigger it is becoming lol

The edited out before the protest is my point the vast majority of people did not care about the national anthem before kapernick knelt was my point
True they edit it our for most of the NHL and NBA games also.

Status
Not open for further replies.