• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

The most satisfying cancellation ever (2.2x ride tho)

At around 3.24am I get a ping to a bar/club in DC.
Now, this is the usual time that bars and club close and surge hits and, traffic gets backed up pretty fast.
I arrive at the location fast, but I was across the street where she put the pin. Now, if I were to ignore that and go to other side of the road, I will have to go like 8 or 9 blocks and then make a legal U turn.
Now, this particular road has NO LEFT/NO RIGHT/NO U-TURNS mostly at every intersection, so it is really hard to find an intersection where I can turn around and go to where she was. With traffic, the pick up alone will extend to at least 10+ minutes.

So, I called her to inform the situation and that I am just accross the street from the bar. I asked her if she would mind crossing the street to make it easier.
Her response was, and I quote, "We are 3 fabulous women and we can't cross the street".

I thought to myself, "Do you belong to some kind of a Royal family? Are you the Queen of England?, Where did you get this entitlement?"

I decided to wait in the same spot I was in and give their entitled "fabulous" selves a $5 charge, didn't even care about the 2.2x surge.

AuxCordBoston

At around 3.24am I get a ping to a bar/club in DC.
Now, this is the usual time that bars and club close and surge hits and, traffic gets backed up pretty fast.
I arrive at the location fast, but I was across the street where she put the pin. Now, if I were to ignore that and go to other side of the road, I will have to go like 8 or 9 blocks and then make a legal U turn.
Now, this particular road has NO LEFT/NO RIGHT/NO U-TURNS mostly at every intersection, so it is really hard to find an intersection where I can turn around and go to where she was. With traffic, the pick up alone will extend to at least 10+ minutes.

So, I called her to inform the situation and that I am just accross the street from the bar. I asked her if she would mind crossing the street to make it easier.
Her response was, and I quote, "We are 3 fabulous women and we can't cross the street".

I thought to myself, "Do you belong to some kind of a Royal family? Are you the Queen of England?, Where did you get this entitlement?"

I decided to wait in the same spot I was in and give their entitled "fabulous" selves a $5 charge, didn't even care about the 2.2x surge.

I would never have called them in the first place.