Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

How effortless was it to understand Uber when you first signed up (presuming NO prior exposure to Ub

• I was able to use their "help" function to understand the terminology and functions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I learned by a friend showing me

Votes: 0 0.0%

The most ******ed ap and website anywhere ever.

749 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  wk1102 
#1 ·
I tried to use Uber for the first time today and what a joke. I know everyone on this forum has invested the learning curve time to figure it out... but from experience an amateur, illogical and clunky unusable app reflects an amateur and possible criminal organization who I don't trust. I professionally use computers every day with over 40 years experience so I know what a normal program looks like.

The Android App is the most amateur and unusable app I've ever seen. Seriously. Who designed it? It is completely not logical, follows few if any standards, completely non-intuitive.

I seriously wonder if you need to take drugs to understand how to use it. I'm not even joking. Head meds, crack cocaine -- something.

The website is even worse. The absolutely least user friendly and non-functional website I have ever seen from a company larger than 5 employees. What's up with that?

Then, if you get through all of that, which takes a roughly 2 hour learning curve because the app makes no sense until you start trying random things -- it only accepts certain KINDS of credit cards. It wants bank cards so it can presumably drain your bank account at will, but rejects secure cards that limit the damage criminal companies like Uber can do. That's nice.

Last, there is no explanation anywhere of the terms. You have to scour the web and go to forums unless you can guess the made-up terms they use.

I wish New Mexico's G-Ride would go national - it is INFINITELY better. I absolutely do not trust Uber, am deleting my credit card info, and keeping a close eye to make sure they don't steal from me because I have absolutely NO confidence in them based on their sheer incompetence. Reading the reviews I know I am making a great choice. I'll walk or call a cab.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.