The Lowest time of year to Drive

frankiet035

I’ve been driving now for 4 months Dec to March) so far
I have found it to be pretty good
I know that November till February are the busier times and March till October are the slower months but what is the slowest Month
If we Used December January as our best months what percentage % is the lowest month
I’ve seen around a 30% drop from December but that was to be expected,
For the Drivers that have been doing Uber for a few years what month do you find to be the lowest?
Love to hear your feedback
MonthPercentage %
December100%
January95%
February70%
March69%
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November

frankiet035

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was thinking that June or July would be the slowest months , what do you guys think

Maddo

I’ve been driving now for 4 months Dec to March) so far
I have found it to be pretty good
I know that November till February are the busier times and March till October are the slower months but what is the slowest Month
If we Used December January as our best months what percentage % is the lowest month
I’ve seen around a 30% drop from December but that was to be expected,
For the Drivers that have been doing Uber for a few years what month do you find to be the lowest?
Love to hear your feedback
MonthPercentage %
December100%
January95%
February70%
March69%
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
If you ask 100 different experienced drivers you'll probably get 100 different answers. There are just too many individual variables at play here. For example, many drivers will say January is the quietest month but this year my revenue was up nearly 30% yoy. Also, the days of big upturns during the silly season are long gone, mostly due to the complete over supply of drivers. This is particularly apparent because many new drivers start in Nov/Dec planning to make a killing over this period. Most of us long term guys and girls wait for the 96% of drivers to quit after realising the reality of Uber. In essence, my monthly revenue barely fluctuates during the course of the year. Of course this cycle will continue long into the future.

frankiet035

If you ask 100 different experienced drivers you'll probably get 100 different answers. There are just too many individual variables at play here. For example, many drivers will say January is the quietest month but this year my revenue was up nearly 30% yoy. Also, the days of big upturns during the silly season are long gone, mostly due to the complete over supply of drivers. This is particularly apparent because many new drivers start in Nov/Dec planning to make a killing over this period. Most of us long term guys and girls wait for the 96% of drivers to quit after realising the reality of Uber. In essence, my monthly revenue barely fluctuates during the course of the year. Of course this cycle will continue long into the future.
yes you are right I understand what you are saying
but what month do you find to be the lowest of the year
In other business that I have been working in you tend to have the same low months every year

Dhaw

The busiest time is just after the federal budget which this year will make April your busiest month. Pax will have all those lovely election dollars to spend. July will be the quietest when they realise the tax office will want most of it back

Maddo

yes you are right I understand what you are saying
but what month do you find to be the lowest of the year
In other business that I have been working in you tend to have the same low months every year
I thought I explained that is fairly consistent throughout the year with little variation. Historically I'd say January but as stated, this January was particularly good.

Yawnie

Too many factors to account for, all i can say is warmer weather = generally more ubering

sharkie 2016

it gets slower , i can assure you i have been driving uber for 4 years full time ,and as we enter the colder months people start to hibernate.

frankiet035

it gets slower , i can assure you i have been driving uber for 4 years full time ,and as we enter the colder months people start to hibernate.
Hi Sharkie

you been driving for 4 years so you have see it all , In other business that I have been working in you tend to have the same low months every year have you found the same thing ?
Do you thing that July would be your lowest month of the year ?

sharkie 2016

Can it get worse than this??!!
always this time of year
Post automatically merged:

Hi Sharkie

you been driving for 4 years so you have see it all , In other business that I have been working in you tend to have the same low months every year have you found the same thing ?
Do you thing that July would be your lowest month of the year ?
from now through to winter you have to work longer hours to make the same money and thats a fact, you will have your lucky days here and there but its seasonal.

Syd drv

always this time of year
Post automatically merged:

from now through to winter you have to work longer hours to make the same money and thats a fact, you will have your lucky days here and there but its seasonal.
You are right! I can fèel that already. short trips! long wait time. no destination trips, hardly see any long trips..