The Lolla Guarantee Zone

driving312

Edit: Turns out to be just the weekend hourly guarantee but starting on Thursday...
-------

Earn up to $40 per hour in gross fares at Lollapalooza

Are you ready to go? Drive at Lollapalooza and meet the minimum requirements to earn a guaranteed hourly rate. To earn, make sure to:
  1. Accept & complete at least 80% of trip requests
  2. Accept & complete at least 80% of POOL trip requests
  3. Complete at least 1 trip per hour
  4. Be online for a minimum of 1 hour in a specific guarantee period
GUARANTEE PERIODS
Thursday, July 28 from 10AM-9PM for $32/HR
Thursday, July 28 from 9PM-12AM for $40/HR
Friday, July 29 from 6AM-9PM for $32/HR
Friday, July 29 from 9PM-12AM for $40/HR
Friday, July 29 from 12AM-4AM for $35/HR
Saturday, July 30 from 10AM-9PM for $32/HR
Saturday, July 30 from 9PM-12AM for $40/HR
Saturday, July 30 from 12AM-4AM for $35/HR
Sunday, July 31 from 10AM-9PM for $32/HR
Sunday, July 31 from 9PM-12AM for $40/HR

Last edited:

Sure

I don't think it's going to matter, is going to surge unless they turn it off.

driving312

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Received it in my email.

Yep, it turns out to be just the weekend hourly guarantee...but starts Thursday..and includes all of Northeast Illinois as the eligible area.

"6. Trips must occur in the Chicago service area (see: uber.com/cities/chicago)"

Very happy because it sounded like they would only give incentives for downtown Chicago.

driving312

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Still begs the question what were the details for the specific Lolla promotion that included 3hrs of special paid training to "select" drivers.

mahatma57

I got no guarantee, just boost. 1.3-1.7 all weekend. Some vague mention of guaranteed 2.5x fares around Grant Park. Apparently they are surging some of the boost area. Waiting to see what the map looks like.
I spent an hour on Michigan Avenue going ten blocks south over the river with some clueless Lolla gals from out of town who had cancelled their hotel rez because it was out at O'Hare instead of walking distance to Grant Park. They were trying to deal with the Expedia Guy in India to get a different hotel room near Grant Park (good luck with that!). They managed to find a place to crash in Old Town while we were stuck in the gridlock, and I ended up dropping them off at Water Tower Place, so they could get some new clothes for the weekend. My payout for a 2.5 hr ride from O'Hare to downtown? $39.39. I should have dumped them when I got to the loop, and picked up a surging fare.

Sure

I got the boost for the weekend, so many half hour rates. Better log out before the half hour rates of 2.5 starts. All Uber is doing is guaranteeing a higher surge during those times. I think the surges are going to be higher anyway, so it doesn't matter what, or for how long, they offer.

Umax

Well they got me good this time no boost or gurrantees .. so I'll do what I always do work
my hours and see ... they must know I don't accept
poo so now it's pay back lol .. 3 more weeks and it's
over there summer crew goes back to school and teach and than our stock goes up ...

U for Uber

I got this.

But does this mean I have to drive literally at lolla? Or this is the same as any other hourly G?

If I have to drive at lolla, wouldn't the normal surges pay me better anyways... I think whoever got the boost for the weekend lucked out...

-------------------------------

Are you ready to go? Drive at Lollapalooza and meet the minimum requirements to earn a guaranteed hourly rate.

Thursday, July 28 from 10AM-9PM for $30/HR
Thursday, July 28 from 9PM-12AM for $35/HR
Friday, July 29 from 6AM-9PM for $30/HR
Friday, July 29 from 9PM-12AM for $35/HR
Friday, July 29 from 12AM-4AM for $32/HR
Saturday, July 30 from 10AM-9PM for $30/HR
Saturday, July 30 from 9PM-12AM for $35/HR
Saturday, July 30 from 12AM-4AM for $32/HR
Sunday, July 31 from 10AM-9PM for $30/HR
Sunday, July 31 from 9PM-12AM for $35/HR
*All dollar figures are in gross fares

HOW TO QUALIFY
-Accept & complete at least 80% of trip requests during the guarantee period
-Accept & complete at least 80% of POOL trip requests during the guarantee period
-Complete at least 1.5 trips per hour online (on average)
-Drive a minimum of 1 hours per guarantee period

75drive

Edit: Turns out to be just the weekend hourly guarantee but starting on Thursday...
-------

Yo 312 I got the boost! Could you do me a solid and lean over and ask the boss if I could have hourly guarantee! Also I believe I'm worth $47 an hour! Thanks bud you're the best tell everyone at the mothership I say yo!

Earn up to $40 per hour in gross fares at Lollapalooza

Are you ready to go? Drive at Lollapalooza and meet the minimum requirements to earn a guaranteed hourly rate. To earn, make sure to:
  1. Accept & complete at least 80% of trip requests
  2. Accept & complete at least 80% of POOL trip requests
  3. Complete at least 1 trip per hour
  4. Be online for a minimum of 1 hour in a specific guarantee period
GUARANTEE PERIODS
Thursday, July 28 from 10AM-9PM for $32/HR
Thursday, July 28 from 9PM-12AM for $40/HR
Friday, July 29 from 6AM-9PM for $32/HR
Friday, July 29 from 9PM-12AM for $40/HR
Friday, July 29 from 12AM-4AM for $35/HR
Saturday, July 30 from 10AM-9PM for $32/HR
Saturday, July 30 from 9PM-12AM for $40/HR
Saturday, July 30 from 12AM-4AM for $35/HR
Sunday, July 31 from 10AM-9PM for $32/HR
Sunday, July 31 from 9PM-12AM for $40/HR

WestSubDriver

I got this.

But does this mean I have to drive literally at lolla? Or this is the same as any other hourly G?

If I have to drive at lolla, wouldn't the normal surges pay me better anyways... I think whoever got the boost for the weekend lucked out...

-------------------------------

Are you ready to go? Drive at Lollapalooza and meet the minimum requirements to earn a guaranteed hourly rate.

Thursday, July 28 from 10AM-9PM for $30/HR
Thursday, July 28 from 9PM-12AM for $35/HR
Friday, July 29 from 6AM-9PM for $30/HR
Friday, July 29 from 9PM-12AM for $35/HR
Friday, July 29 from 12AM-4AM for $32/HR
Saturday, July 30 from 10AM-9PM for $30/HR
Saturday, July 30 from 9PM-12AM for $35/HR
Saturday, July 30 from 12AM-4AM for $32/HR
Sunday, July 31 from 10AM-9PM for $30/HR
Sunday, July 31 from 9PM-12AM for $35/HR
*All dollar figures are in gross fares

HOW TO QUALIFY
-Accept & complete at least 80% of trip requests during the guarantee period
-Accept & complete at least 80% of POOL trip requests during the guarantee period
-Complete at least 1.5 trips per hour online (on average)
-Drive a minimum of 1 hours per guarantee period
As mentioned in a post above, when you click on the opt in and read all rules it says trips must occur in the Chicago service area which is our entire market. So, this is a normal hourly guarantee for the entire region. They are just pumping Lolla.

75drive

As mentioned in a post above, when you click on the opt in and read all rules it says trips must occur in the Chicago service area which is our entire market. So, this is a normal hourly guarantee for the entire region. They are just pumping Lolla.
Yes Peter! Also if you drive through Lolla and run over pool riders the incentives are tripled! Oh yeah bring @@@@ing water, energy bars amd chargers the cheap @@@@s will be exhausted after a long day of drinking and doing drugs! Although it's very rare should a rider offer a tip politely refuse! Thanks for being a under valued "partner!" Uber on! Team Uber!

U for Uber

I got boost offer of 1.3x-1.7x.

What a joke. I wasn't planning on driving anyway. I'll let you guys have all these sweaty, drunk d-bags who put pins in the middle of grant park and order pool.
If you didn't want boost, would you of wanted the hourly G? I thought boost would be better since it'll most likely surge in the city and beat out the hourly G... well and beat the boost.

Sooooo I was wondering if I should do the city for the surge or do the hourly in the burbs? I'd probably make more and drive a lot of miles in city, but makes less and drive low miles in burbs with hourly. Or the opposite. I don't know.

And everyone says to avoid the drunk, young, idiots in the city. But that's what everyone says on every major event/holiday. July 4th, I had the typical, drunk, young crowd, but I'm 22, so it didn't bother me. I made $217 in 6 hours and I'm hoping to make something similar on Fri & Sat. Also, that was my first week driving. I had no promotions offered and I did not have POOL unlocked at the time, so that was nice lol.

I assume the crowd will be on a higher scale than July 4th, though...

Anyways, I'm just not sure. What do you think? And thanks.