• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

The Legal Argument That Could Destroy Uber

dmoney155

Why does everyone want to destroy the hand that feeds ya? If you dislike uber so much, why not go onto other things. If uber closes its doors, you will be left with nothing anyways. What will you do then?

BobMarley

Why does everyone want to destroy the hand that feeds ya? If you dislike uber so much, why not go onto other things. If uber closes its doors, you will be left with nothing anyways. What will you do then?
I'm really hoping there is some sort of compromise. Like, OK you can get away with breaking antitrust if you pay so much above an areas average gas price * some multiplier. Also, just give me $5 @@@@ing dollars minimum per pickup. Cancellation fee is higher than the $2.25 min pickup fee, thats kind of a WTF. But I don't really want to be a W-2 employee, that would probably come with a set work schedule. I want to turn on the app and drive when I have free time. Last Friday night I had plans. This Friday night I'll probably drive.

OldBay

As ICs, just let us negotiate tips, that is all that it would end the price fixing argument. Allow the driver to add a price premium negotiated with pax before the trip starts.

It would be like restaurants that automatically add gratuity to your bill. As an IC you can choose an acceptable percentage. 10-20%

No Prisoners

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Because it's time to stop it ans make sure employees have no gains from stock.
That's called payback. In 6 months employees will have no gains to cash out.
Drivers made it drivers take it away

dmoney155

I'm really hoping there is some sort of compromise. Like, OK you can get away with breaking antitrust if you pay so much above an areas average gas price * some multiplier. Also, just give me $5 @@@@ing dollars minimum per pickup. Cancellation fee is higher than the $2.25 min pickup fee, thats kind of a WTF. But I don't really want to be a W-2 employee, that would probably come with a set work schedule. I want to turn on the app and drive when I have free time. Last Friday night I had plans. This Friday night I'll probably drive.
But they wont be able to operate if they give higher rates to drivers. I'm the same way regarding the flexibility... I only started doing this because of it. I jump in whenever I have time.

Because it's time to stop it ans make sure employees have no gains from stock.
That's called payback. In 6 months employees will have no gains to cash out.
Drivers made it drivers take it away
Drivers can buy into the stocks as well. I think if you believe in the company that's the way to do it. We live in a capitalistic world, you can profit off practically any business by buying into small chunk of it... as they grow so will you.....

Drivers are very small part of this. Much more went into creating the infrastructure. I always tell people if you think that the key here are drivers and everything else is that simple then you've got the difficult part figured out, so what's stopping you from creating own platform and then you can give yourself and any other drivers on your platform any rate you desire.
Post automatically merged:

I rather have the ability to jump at any time and have a chance to make a quick buck, rather than have uber close its doors.

No Prisoners

That's the most insulting statement which can only come from a typical wife beater and a slave master. Definitely comes from the brain of an Uber blood sucking leech.

Drivers feed themselve, their families, and Uber, including all their blood sucking entitled leeches trolls, while putting themselves at risks picking up unvetted riders.
Drivers delude the value of their asset every mile they drive bringing revenue to a company run by sociopaths who believe they're entitled to enrich themselves at the expense of others.
Where the hell do you get off telling drivers that Uber's the hand that feeds them. It's drivers feeding you and all your cronies who enjoy demeaning the real hands that feed you. You're NOTHING without drivers. What would you do if all drive quit and can't recruit others.
How would you like having your pay cut arbitrarily each time you show up to work. Then when you complain you're told to quit if you don't like it.
This is exactly why I'm enjoying everything I do to deplete the value of your miserable stock. To make sure there's nothing for you to cash out.

dmoney155

That's the most insulting statement which can only come from a typical wife beater and a slave master. Definitely comes from the brain of an Uber blood sucking leech.

Drivers feed themselve, their families, and Uber, including all their blood sucking entitled leeches trolls, while putting themselves at risks picking up unvetted riders.
Drivers delude the value of their asset every mile they drive bringing revenue to a company run by sociopaths who believe they're entitled to enrich themselves at the expense of others.
Where the hell do you get off telling drivers that Uber's the hand that feeds them. It's drivers feeding you and all your cronies who enjoy demeaning the real hands that feed you. You're NOTHING without drivers. What would you do if all drive quit and can't recruit others.
How would you like having your pay cut arbitrarily each time you show up to work. Then when you complain you're told to quit if you don't like it.
This is exactly why I'm enjoying everything I do to deplete the value of your miserable stock. To make sure there's nothing for you to cash out.
Not really, if it doesn't feed you then why do it?... obviously there is something of value, otherwise you wouldn't do it, you would go do something else. So you cant say uber is NOTHING without drivers because that's like saying you are NOTHING without uber.What would I do if all drivers quit and can't recruit others? well the same thing that you would do if there was no app to begin with.
Cutting compensation is everywhere. Remember website design, or computer tech? a decade ago it was well paying job... now it's something a part time college student would do for quarter of what I was getting paid for it back then. Things change... the more common task becomes, the less value it has.

If you think the stock will fail, why not short it and make some money ? that is unless you lack your own conviction sir.

NotanEmployee

This is the most interesting article ive read. Not only does it stop the whole "we are employee" bullshit that ignorant drivers tried to strike about, it also brings up legitemate issues with how they price and run the business which really should be the drivers arguments. The amount we earn is the biggest complaint.

No Prisoners

Not really, if it doesn't feed you then why do it?... obviously there is something of value, otherwise you wouldn't do it, you would go do something else. So you cant say uber is NOTHING without drivers because that's like saying you are NOTHING without uber.What would I do if all drivers quit and can't recruit others? well the same thing that you would do if there was no app to begin with.
Cutting compensation is everywhere. Remember website design, or computer tech? a decade ago it was well paying job... now it's something a part time college student would do for quarter of what I was getting paid for it back then. Things change... the more common task becomes, the less value it has.

If you think the stock will fail, why not short it and make some money ? that is unless you lack your own conviction sir.
You have no idea who I am or what I do. But my agenda causes more damage than shorting the stock which is only for an individual gain.
Just as your purpose, mine also the end justify the means.
Shorting any stock is short term results while other means are permanent and benefit many.
We'll see and for now it's working.

This is the most interesting article ive read. Not only does it stop the whole "we are employee" bullshit that ignorant drivers tried to strike about, it also brings up legitemate issues with how they price and run the business which really should be the drivers arguments. The amount we earn is the biggest complaint.
I concur. Drivers arguments for employee status is counterproductive and total misguided. However, rules for Permatemp economy need to change so IC can have leverage when negotiating.
This will take too long. There are other ways that can bring change much faster than regulations.

While I agree that drivers are not employees I also believe uber's crossed the line into antitrust violations. However, this has to be brought up by Attorney General at federal level. This so far not addressed appropriately, but it will eventually come about.

Last edited:

dmoney155

..... legitemate issues with how they price and run the business which really should be the drivers arguments. The amount we earn is the biggest complaint.
I would be totally up for a bidding system. Tell me where you going and who/what is coming with you and i will tell you my price. That would be ideal.

XPG

That feeds me?? I'm the one, who is feeding here! I operate, i generate revenue and If i can switch my GPS app (Uber) with another so called "tech-company", anytime!

goneubering

You have no idea who I am or what I do. But my agenda causes more damage than shorting the stock which is only for an individual gain.
Just as your purpose, mine also the end justify the means.
Shorting any stock is short term results while other means are permanent and benefit many.
We'll see and for now it's working.

I concur. Drivers arguments for employee status is counterproductive and total misguided. However, rules for Permatemp economy need to change so IC can have leverage when negotiating.
This will take too long. There are other ways that can bring change much faster than regulations.

While I agree that drivers are not employees I also believe uber's crossed the line into antitrust violations. However, this has to be brought up by Attorney General at federal level. This so far not addressed appropriately, but it will eventually come about.
Mr. Big Hat No Cattle still “working” hard behind the scenes!!

Tweeter is blazing.

Uber will fall!!!! :wink:

Kyanar

I would be totally up for a bidding system. Tell me where you going and who/what is coming with you and i will tell you my price. That would be ideal.
Eh, I've been thinking a better system is one where the pax enters their destination and proposed price, and drivers can either hit "Accept", "Counter Offer" or "Decline", allowing a sort of negotiation system. I'm not sure I agree with charging based on number of pax (beyond a premium when picking up enough to require a van/maxi-taxi or other multi-passenger vehicle) though as even the taxi industry doesn't get to do that. Of course the platform operator would take a set percentage (I'm thinking max out at 20%) to cover payment costs, platform costs, etc. Without the army of R&D, frontline/"hub" and legal staff, I imagine it would be possible to operate on 20% margins.

XPG

Dmoney155, Uber does nothing but pay me for my work. Any company can for what Uber does and hopefully we will see some stiff competition soon. You stupid pricks thing you invented the wheel.
Any company can do it but that company (rideshare app) is not available yet. The problem is, transportation business is not cool enough for people who never dealt with taxis, limos etc. Because of that, the tech-oriented folks chase other industries. And seasoned folks in transportation industry are slightly away from starting a tech company to compete with Uber. Those who jumped on the bandwagon failed fast due to their lack of understanding.

If UP wanted to get a shot, i’d be waiting first in line to sign up.

dmoney155

That feeds me?? I'm the one, who is feeding here! I operate, i generate revenue and If i can switch my GPS app (Uber) with another so called "tech-company", anytime!
And they can offer their platform to any other driver... there's 2 sides of the coin here. Again, like I said before, if you think you can do better ecosytem for rideshare you are more than welcome to do it. After all, if driving is the hard part of this, then it should be easy for you, no?

Dmoney155, Uber does nothing but pay me for my work. Any company can for what Uber does and hopefully we will see some stiff competition soon. You stupid pricks thing you invented the wheel.
Once more, because it seems very hard to get that point across. If it is so easy, then how come you don't see as many platforms as there are drivers?... In my market 5 attempted the feat, 2 remain. Compare that how many drivers started and how many remain.. that tells you something about being a stupid prick who think about inventing wheels. Stop moaning and do the app already. Then attract drivers with your rates. Please do so. Why drive for peanuts if you can collect on every trip with the supposedly easy app. Let us know here when it's done.

p.s. I will not hold my breath.