The 'Jerk We Encountered On The Road Today' Complaint Thread.

simpsonsverytall

I’d actually like to use a much stronger term for some of the drivers I encountered today, but it’s rude. So we’ll leave it at “jerk.”

Add your own.
Tell us about the jerk you encountered.
Don't hold it in! vent here and uber on happily

1. What happened: Was by myself in the right lane of a roundabout, preparing to make an upcoming right turn into a bar zone with pedestrians and a cop. Another car entered the roundabout from the other side, headed around the roundabout towards me, drove almost next to me, and then the driver loudly blew her horn at me.
Reason they were a jerk: She committed a fairly common sin = She became upset that another driver didn't move out of her way. [Self-Centered]
Insult to Inury: She had an UBER sticker!!:eek:

2. What happened: Driving through a parking lot/bar area with 1-way lanes. Continuing straight ahead, after coming to a stop at stop sign. SUV driver who was coming the opposite direction (we were separated by a row of parked cars), made a quick U-Turn to enter my lane. Having the right of way I continued straight and the driver of the SUV didn't stop, so I yielded to him, and then he blew his horn at me.
Reason they were a jerk: He didn't understand the right-of-way rules, and literally thought he had the right of way...[Ignorant]
Insult to Inury: He was either an Uber or Lyft driver -had a phone holder and picked up Pax...:rolleyes:

3. What happened: @ rather small, slow traffic 3 way stop intersection. I'm stopped at my stop sign. Guy to my left had arrived at the stop sign before I did, so it was his turn. Guy behind that guy tried to 'piggy-back'/'tailgate' the car going through the intersection. He did it awkward enough that there was some space.
So... I took the initiative and smoothly went through the intersection like it was my turn(well, it was). while not wanting to get hit, I wouldn't have minded making a couple thousand dollars if worst came to worst on a 5mph bump into the side of my car. He lurched forward and stopped well short of T-boning me. The middle aged businessman driver was caught off guard and after a brief pause threw a road rage tantrum complete with middle fingers up and horn holding down.
Reason they were a jerk: He tried to cheat, and I called his bluff, then he went on to throw a tantrum.
Insult to Inury: While he was holding down the horn, without even getting the slightest bit flustered or angry, I calmly turned toward and gave him a classic "Mutombo finger-wag".
did get a few laughs from pedestrians.

Last edited:

tohunt4me

I’d actually like to use a much stronger term for some of the drivers I encountered today, but it’s rude. So we’ll leave it at “jerk.”

Add your own.
Tell us about the jerk you encountered.
Don't hold it in! vent here and uber on happily

1. What happened: Was in the right lane of a roundabout, preparing to make an upcoming right turn into a bar zone with pedestrians and a cop. A car entered the roundabout from the other side, headed around the roundabout towards me, drove almost next to me, and then the driver loudly blew her horn at me.
Reason they were a jerk: She committed a fairly common sin = She became upset that another driver didn't move out of her way. [Self-Centered]
Insult to Inury: She had an UBER sticker!!:eek:

2. What happened: Driving through a parking lot/bar area with 1-way lanes. Continuing straight ahead, after coming to a stop at stop sign. SUV driver who was coming the opposite direction (we were separated by a row of parked cars), made a quick U-Turn to enter my lane. Having the right of way I continued straight and the driver of the SUV didn't stop, so I yielded to him, and then he blew his horn at me.
Reason they were a jerk: He didn't understand the right-of-way rules, and literally thought he had the right of way...[Ignorant]
Insult to Inury: He was either an Uber or Lyft driver -had a phone holder and picked up Pax...:rolleyes:

3. What happened: @ rather small, slow traffic 3 way stop intersection. I'm stopped at my stop sign. Guy to my left had arrived at the stop sign before I did, so it was his turn. Guy behind that guy tried to 'piggy-back'/'tailgate' the car going through the intersection. He did it awkward enough that there was some space.
So... I took the initiative and smoothly went through the intersection like it was my turn(well, it was). while not wanting to get hit, I wouldn't have minded making a couple thousand dollars if worst came to worst on a 5mph bump into the side of my car. He lurched forward and stopped well short of T-boning me. The middle aged businessman driver was caught off guard and after a brief pause threw a road rage tantrum complete with middle fingers up and horn holding down.
Reason they were a jerk: He tried to cheat, and I called his bluff, then he went on to throw a tantrum.
Insult to Inury: While he was holding down the horn, without even getting the slightest bit flustered or angry, I calmly turned toward and gave him a classic "Mutombo finger-wag".
did get a few laughs from pedestrians.
1.) roundabouts are dangerous by design.( Uber driver in rush will be rated into oblivion by riders.that kind of impatience won't be contained in their presence)
2.) Never ever trust anyone when driving around a bar.
3.)they don't just blow the horn and curse here. They often shoot.

Other drivers are worse than the PAX on the nerves.especially on long shifts.

Know when to take a break.
Know when to go home.
Preserving sanity is a gainfull hobby.

simpsonsverytall

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pet Peeve

#666 - When you are waiting for cross-traffic to pass, so that you have an opening to turn onto a road, and some knucklehead literally waits until he's turning to put on his turn signal!!

a turn signal is not a clutch-like apparatus that helps your car turn in gear.... It happens to be a SIGNAL

dentedcan

My biggest pet peeve - line of cars at a highway exit that's backed up and some selfish jerk cuts in line at the last second to bypass the line.
And if you don't let that jackass cut in, they throw a fit as if you're the one driving like an idiot.

dentedcan

Was running drunks home from downtown late this evening, I'm stopped on the road - with brake lights and turn signal on - waiting to turn right onto a street that being blocked by another car, and then I hear tires screeching behind me. Didn't even have time to look in the rearview mirror. Just grit my teeth and expected to be rear ended. Too close.