The Jefferson Parish Council members need to see this!

Sam4Uber

Every city is different and regulates differently. Yes you could easily say they should see this then say they should also see Houston and Austin.

Sam4Uber

Nope I am an Uber driver. I am a regular in the cell lot and known by other Uber drivers out there. I was simply making a point that when you reference one city there are others who can contradict each other. We need to focus on why WE should have it here based off of our needs and traansportation system.

shaley1967

Jefferson Parish isn't going to reduce regulations on anything, nor minimize their opportunity to get a piece of the action. They're going to write the ordinance in a way that they'll produce revenue for the parish in several possible ways; license fees, per-ride fees and through violation citations.

If anything, they'll probably reduce the $200k/year license fee and add a per-trip fee. I doubt they'll back off from the fingerprint background checks or drug tests either. They may even add vehicle restrictions on model year and state registration similar to New Orleans.

It will be interesting to see what the new ordinance proposal will be once all the negotiating is done.